50 Cent says Gayle King once confronted him for 'talkin' s**t' about Oprah... as rapper admits he creates fake feuds for publicity

50 Cent learned the hard way that you don't diss Oprah.

The 44-year-old rapper reveals in his new book that the legendary talk show host's best pal Gayle King confronted him at a black-tie gala about his tendency to 'talk s**t' about Oprah.

The interaction lead to 50 smoothing things out with Oprah but left him eventually targeting Gayle.

Beef: 50 Cent says that Gayle King once confronted him for 'talkin' s**t' about her best friend Oprah Winfrey

Beef: 50 Cent says that Gayle King once confronted him for 'talkin' s**t' about her best friend Oprah Winfrey

In Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter, excerpts of which were seen by Page Six, the rapper calls Gayle the 'real deal - very sophisticated, secure, and smart lady. 

'She's never afraid of a situation... so she marched right up to me and basically said, "Why you talkin' s**t about my girl?"'

The hip hop star said that he told Gayle he assumed Oprah, 66, didn't like him because he'd heard her criticize his type of music as violent and misogynistic and he decided he might as well get some publicity out of dissing her in public.

Fiddy has said things about Oprah in the past such as 'Oprah's audience is my audience's parents, so I could care less about Oprah or her show.'

The In Da Club hitmaker admits in his book - out April 28 - that he often fakes feuds with other stars to get people talking about him. 

Got her back: Fiddy said Gayle marched right up to him and basically said, "Why you talkin' s**t about my girl?"'
Got her back: Fiddy said Gayle marched right up to him and basically said, "Why you talkin' s**t about my girl?"'

'Listen, I'd love to be Oprah’s friend,' he recalls he told Gayle. 'But if we can't be friends, could we at least be enemies?'

Gayle apparently helped 50 quash his beef with the TV host by arranging for him to appear on Winfrey's Oprah's Next Chapter in 2012.

'Before meeting me, they had bought into the 50 Cent persona … Someone who got into beefs and drama because he just couldn’t help himself,

'But when I said, "At least let me be an enemy," they understood that when I got into a beef, it was never driven by emotion. Instead, I was moving off of strategy.'

It gets him in the press: The In Da Club hitmaker admits in his book that he often fakes feuds with other stars to get people talking about him

It gets him in the press: The In Da Club hitmaker admits in his book that he often fakes feuds with other stars to get people talking about him

50 got his claws out again this year when he attacked Gayle for the CBS This Morning interview she did about Kobe Bryant.

The journalist was criticized by several celebrities and friends of Kobe for bringing up the late basketball star's past sexual assault case in the interview. 

It turns out the comment, which aired in a preview clip for the segment, was heavily edited by CBS, and taken out of context. 

One of her critics, Snoop Dogg, later apologized to Gayle for making derogatory and disrespectful comments towards her. 

The rapper's book Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter is out April 28

The rapper's book Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter is out April 28

Advertisement

50 Cent says Gayle King once confronted him for 'talkin' s**t' about Oprah

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.