The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/all/20041209084743/http://janeresture.com:80/micronesia_postcards/index.htm
Postcards From Micronesia
MORE POSTCARDS FROM MICRONESIA
Guam wartime photographs.
Entertaining the troops on Guam.
Yap house, Federated States of
Engravings of Caroline Islanders,
An early image of the Agana bus
- An early German stamp from
- The Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- A scarce official first day cover from the
Federated States of Micronesia. The stamps relate
- to the infamous William "Bully" Hayes
(1829-1877). The stamps depict (1) The sinking
- of the ship Leonora, (2) Forging of a
Hawaiian stamp, (3) "Bully" Hayes,
- (4) Biography by Louis Becke, (5) Hayes escapes
Wartime newspaper poster.
- Pilots cheering and pleased over their victory
during the Marshall Islands attack.
- Pictured here across the tail of an F6F Hellcat
on board the USS Lexington, after shooting down
- 17 out of 20 Japanese planes heading for
Tarawa, Kiribati. Photo: Commander Edward J. Steichen.
Micronesia Postcards and Picture Galleries
Oceania Home Page
- Jane's Micronesia Home Page
- (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org --
Rev. 29th January 2003)