The Wayback Machine -
Skip Links
U.S. Department of State
HomeContact UsEmail this PageFOIAPrivacy NoticeArchiveEspanol
U.S. Department of State
About the State Dept.Press and Public AffairsTravel and Living AbroadCountries and RegionsInternational IssuesHistory, Education and CultureBusiness CenterOther ServicesEmployment
Travel and Living Abroad 


Emergencies and Warnings
- Emergency Services for U.S. Citizens
- International Parental Child Abduction
- Travel Warnings, Consular Information Sheets, and Public Announcements
- List of Current Warnings and Announcements
- Crisis Awareness and Preparedness

- Passport Information
- Print Passport Application
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
- Passport Forms

- Visa Services for Americans
- Visa Services for Foreign Citizens
- Visa Bulletins
- Waiver-J Visa Foreign Residence Requirement
- Visa Waiver Program
- Visa Forms

Other Information
- Country Background Notes
- Destination USA
- Foreign Consular Offices in the U.S.
- International Adoption
- International Parental Child Abduction
- Key Officers at U.S. Foreign Service Posts
- Overseas Security Advisory Council
- Post Reports
- Records and Certificates
- Travel Publications
- U.S. Embassy and Consulate Web Sites
- More...

Living Abroad

- Services for Americans Abroad
- Foreign Per Diem Rates
- Dual Citizenship and Births Overseas
- Marriage Overseas
- Divorce Overseas
- Authentication of Documents for Use Abroad
- Office of Overseas Schools
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
- More

Related Sites

- Travelers' Health - Centers for Disease Control
- Travelers' Health - World Health Organization
- Exchange Rates
- U.S. Customs Information
- Tips on Bringing Food, Plants, and Animals Into the United States
- Import/Export of Fish and Wildlife
- Cruise Ship Sanitation Inspection Scores
- Aviation Safety Data
- Airline On-Time Statistics
- Airline Customer Service
- Air Travel Consumer Complaints
- Federal Rulemaking
Is Your Destination the U.S.?
This brief video explains new visa policies and procedures for visitors to the United States--a nation with secure borders and open doors. [DSL/Cable; dial-up; audio; transcript]

Travel Warnings and Other Consular Information
For the most current information on travel warnings and related updates, visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs' website at, or contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of Public Affairs, at 202-647-5225.

Travel Tips for Students, Women Traveling Alone, and Older Americans

This site is managed by the Bureau of Public Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
Copyright Information | Disclaimers