A player's strength stat determines how strong they are, how hard they hit, and how much they can carry.
Strength directly affects:
- The damage caused by striking with a physical weapon.
- The ease of holding two weapons.
- The weight a player can carry before they become burdened.
- The weight of a player, and thus their hit points.
- Hit point regeneration rate.
- Strength features prominently in the fighting skill tree, affecting almost all skills there.
- It plays a significant role in the covert, crafts and adventuring skill trees.
- It is not used very much in the magic, people or faith skill trees.
All guilds require strength to a certain degree, in order to lug whatever equipment they have around. Beyond solving burden issues:
- Warriors and assassins often have a lot of strength due to their guilds' focus on physical combat.
- Priests and thieves also rely on physical means to deal out damage, hence usually have a reasonable level of strength.
- Wizards and witches have a lesser need for strength as:
- They can deal out magical damage in combat.
- They can summon minions (such as a fruitbat) to carry things for them.