- Tencent puts $63mn into Flipkart amid China row
Amid heightened tensions at the border between China and India, Chinese technology conglomerate Tencent has invested nearly $63 million in Flipkart, according to regulatory filings of the holding
- Flipkart allows PhonePe rival Paytm at checkout
Paytm’s e-wallet and Unified Payments Interface (UPI) integration on Flipkart is already being rolled out to users gradually and it would be available to everyone eventually.
- ShareChat acquires video production company HPF Films
- Paytm gets Sachin Tendulkar to bat for game app
- PUBG ban boosts rivals’ downloads
Even as the South Korean makers of popular game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) attempt to reverse India’s ban on it by cutting ties with China’s Tencent, rivals Call of Duty Mobile, Garena Free
- UPI market share cap not a good idea: PhonePe
Regulators eventually just have to reverse the proposal of capping market share on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in its current form by individual third-party payments apps.
- How to startup when you are 77
It’s rare for entrepreneurs to succeed a second time. To do that in their 70s — almost never. Ashok Soota, 77, is one of those exceptional ones. The Rs 700-crore initial public offer (IPO) of his IT
- ICICI Bank launches dedicated offering for Startups
Under the programme, ICICI Bank's customers will get a current account in three variants that will offer additional services, including premium savings accounts for the promoters, salary accounts for
- IIT Alumni Council to set up 6 research centres for startups
The IIT Alumni Council will set up six research centres to make modern equipment and research tools in six cutting-edge domains available to startups registered with its MegaIncubator initiative.
- Swedish startup Volta unveils electric truck
Following the success of companies such as Tesla in popularising electric cars, electric trucks have also been getting a lot of attention from existing players such as Volvo and Daimler and startups
- Small the new big for hotels post-pandemic: Oyo CEO
The Covid-19 pandemic will mean holiday-goers will shy away from larger hotels for the foreseeable future in favor of boutiques and home rentals, the CEO of India-based hospitality startup Oyo Hotels
- Valuation of ed-tech co Eruditus up 2x at $800m
The funding is from South Africa’s Prosus Ventures and PE firm Leeds Illuminate, besides Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg’s philanthropy firm Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. The deal will see the
- PM Modi bats for local toy industry, urges people to support desi apps
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday urged startups and entrepreneurs to develop innovative “toys and games, for India and of India” to meet domestic demand and increase its share in the global toy
- Venture Catalysts raises Rs 100 cr for investing in startups
The '9unicorns Accelerator Fund' of VC is built along the lines of Silicon Valley's accelerator fund Y Combinator's strategy which has over 2,000 investments.
- BHU panel to implement startup policy
The committee will be headed by Vice-Chancellor Prof. Rakesh Bhatnagar. The committee's convenor Dr. Manish Arora of the Department of Applied Arts, said the committee comprises academicians as well
- Salesforce to sack 1,000 employees after robust quarter results
Salesforce which has nearly 54,000 employees in 66 offices around the world, has begun the layoffs this week that will affect employees worldwide, Fortune reported on Thursday.
- After quitting govt, BJP’s ‘oldest ally’ Akali Dal
- PM presents forward-looking Indian agenda at UN
- Bihar polls: Cong gives RJD ultimatum on seats
- Coronavirus in India: Is the country past peak?
- Centre plans 1,000 Dalit startups over 3 years
- 'We have parity with PLA, can give befitting reply'
- India slams Pakistan PM at UNGA for terror export
- Cong may rope in Kishor for 2022 Punjab polls
- Kushwaha’s party, BJP hold seat-sharing talks
- 'India feels absence of PM with depth of Manmohan'