BROWSE FORUMS

LEGO General

"Chat with Greg Farshtey"

Rank 2
Tahu-136

Re: Chat with Greg Farshtey

This seems like a question that was probably answered before but It really interests me.
1)When you were writing a story, Were you just given set images and names and you had to come up with a story for them?

2) If so, did you ever have a character whose role in the story you had thought of before, and you were simply waiting for a set that would fit into his description?

Message 7051 of 8,506 (1,323 Views)
Please use plain text.
Rank 2
ToaOfVirtues

Hi again, a few questiones about the golden armor Tahu is wearing.

Is the golden hau that came with the golden armor an actual kanohi? What I mean is, could it function as a normal mask in the place of any other one for Matoran? Or can it only be worn as an excessory ontop of other masks?

If so, does it have a name of its own? Just calling it the "golden Hau" can get it confused with the golden hau back in 2001.

Also, would it still be able to shield the user even if a Toa is not wearing any of the other golden armor?

Thanks!

Message 7052 of 8,506 (1,182 Views)
Please use plain text.
Rank 4
kyle7475

Greg, if you're not writing the story for 2015, then who is? Will there even be a writen story (as in books, comics, etc)?

Message 7053 of 8,506 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Please use plain text.
Rank 2
TheSpecial

Mr. Farshtey,

Thanks for answering all of my questions, it's helping me understand things that never made sense to me.

Anyways, Do you know anything about those odd nick toons videos that featured glatorian sized bionicle stars?

Were they prototypes or just mock-ups for the commercials?

Did the commercials ever air?

I never saw the videos, but I heard about them and saw some images.

Thanks!

Message 7054 of 8,506 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Please use plain text.
Rank 8
BIONICHARGE

BIONICHARGE wrote:

ScribeGT6817 wrote:

BIONICHARGE wrote:

Hello again!

Just one question this time: would a Sanok-user be able to hit a Rahkshi/Kraata of Dodge or a Makuta using the Dodge power?

I think it would depend on how proficient their target is with the dodge power.

So a Sanok-user might be able to hit a level 4 Kraata, but not a level 6, in a Rahkshi or otherwise, or a Makuta (I suppose that I am asking for a specific value of power level)?

This seems to have become buried.

█__________________________________________
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮█████████ßḮŌИḮȻḪÅЯĢƐ████████████████▶
                     █¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Message 7055 of 8,506 (1,138 Views)
0 Likes
Please use plain text.
Staff
ScribeGT6817

TheSpecial wrote:

Mr. Farshtey,

Thanks for answering all of my questions, it's helping me understand things that never made sense to me.

Anyways, Do you know anything about those odd nick toons videos that featured glatorian sized bionicle stars?

Were they prototypes or just mock-ups for the commercials?

Did the commercials ever air?

I never saw the videos, but I heard about them and saw some images.

Thanks!

Not something I ever saw, but there were never Glatorian-sized models of those characters. They were designed from the beginning to be small.

Message 7056 of 8,506 (1,159 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
ScribeGT6817

kyle7475 wrote:

Greg, if you're not writing the story for 2015, then who is? Will there even be a writen story (as in books, comics, etc)?

There is a team in Denmark that is responsible for the story. As for books, my understanding is there will be books at some point next year, but I do not know if a writer has been selected for them yet. That will be up to the publishers.

Message 7057 of 8,506 (1,157 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
ScribeGT6817

ToaOfVirtues wrote:

Hi again, a few questiones about the golden armor Tahu is wearing.

Is the golden hau that came with the golden armor an actual kanohi? What I mean is, could it function as a normal mask in the place of any other one for Matoran? Or can it only be worn as an excessory ontop of other masks?

If so, does it have a name of its own? Just calling it the "golden Hau" can get it confused with the golden hau back in 2001.

Also, would it still be able to shield the user even if a Toa is not wearing any of the other golden armor?

Thanks!

It was never identified as not being a Hau, so I assume it is one. We do not have a special name for it because no approved BIONICLE names exist anymore to be assigned to things.

Message 7058 of 8,506 (1,156 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
ScribeGT6817

Tahu-136 wrote:

This seems like a question that was probably answered before but It really interests me.
1)When you were writing a story, Were you just given set images and names and you had to come up with a story for them?

2) If so, did you ever have a character whose role in the story you had thought of before, and you were simply waiting for a set that would fit into his description?

1) Overall story was devised by the story team, of which I was one member.

2) No. Sets always come first, story second.

Message 7059 of 8,506 (1,154 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
ScribeGT6817

sambong wrote:

I'm Big fan of BIONICLE from South Korea. please consider my English. just reading BIONICLE book was easy, but making new centence is hard.

1. what is your role in new BIONICLE team?

2. Is any set include Mask of Creation?

3. can you give me a little hint about 2015 BIONICLE?

4. LEGO has plan to BIONICLE summer set?

1) Right now, my only role with the team is to review what's been written and provide feedback.

2-4) I can't answer these

Message 7060 of 8,506 (1,151 Views)
Please use plain text.
Rank 3
Zidonaro

Hello Greg, I have a few questions:

1 - Is Dume native from Metru Nui ?
1.5 - And Lhikan ?

2 - Why didn't the Toa Metru had Suva with masks like the Toa Mata ?

3 - Why did the Story team abandoned the concept of Toa Kaita in later years ? 

4 - Vultraz was a strange Matoran who didn't care for work and was always killing someone. Is he a "defective" Matoran ? Did something wrong happened during his Creation ?

4.5 - Is Vultraz's Mask from Icarax ?

5 - What is the preferred regions of Ba-Matoran ? 

Message 7061 of 8,506 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Please use plain text.
Rank 12
alienduck

ScribeGT6817 wrote:

kyle7475 wrote:

There is a team in Denmark that is responsible for the story. As for books, my understanding is there will be books at some point next year, but I do not know if a writer has been selected for them yet. That will be up to the publishers.

If they don't choose you they would be making a stupid buisness descision, and thus would deserve their stock to be eaten by hungry owls.

((((====================/\>=====================))))
"Darnkess never dies, no matter how many times you kill it."
((((================LIKE /\ BOSS=================))))
Message 7062 of 8,506 (1,030 Views)
Please use plain text.
Rank 8
legofan5193

Will this topic be ending soon because the free time you spend here may be consumed by making new BIONICLE comics?

legofan5193
Proud Lieutenant of the MLN Battle Arena
Attempting to break the record for going the longest without posting a single post with an emoticon!
Message 7063 of 8,506 (965 Views)
0 Likes
Please use plain text.
Rank 5
ldd2000

I have a question about the last Bionicle serial. Kopaka and some of the others were on the red star and:

The sounds were coming closer now. Some sounded like rodents skittering, others like bodies being dragged
across a metal floor. At one point, they saw a lighted corridor up ahead, but as they approached, the lights went
off there too. Worse, the noises were starting to come from up ahead as well as behind.
"I think we are surrounded," said Kopaka.
"We're never surrounded," Pohatu answered. "We just prefer to be right in the center of the action."
A sliver of light opened up off to the right. It revealed a small figure, beckoning to the two Toa. "Here, this
way."
Kopaka used the Akaku and saw that there were no other figures in the room beyond. If it was a trap, it
probably wasn't a very good one. The two Toa headed for the door and slipped inside. The figure closed it
behind them.
"It's not safe out there," their rescuer said. "But then you probably figured that out. A lot of very unhappy
people up here, you know."
The Toa saw to their surprise that their "host" was not a Kestora, but a Matoran. An Onu-Matoran, to be exact,
but not one that either recognized.
"Who are you?" asked Pohatu. "What are you doing here?"
"As far as the second question goes, I presume the same thing you are," said the Matoran. "As for who I am –
my name is Mavrah."

Question: How did Mavrah get there? He was drowned in the tunnel from Metru-Nui to Mata-Nui!
What is right now? Is it during that micro second I said it a thousand ago? I can say "Right now" and it would have been many instances later before your hears hear me saying it. Right now, is not valid.

I made this sig up myself! :happy:
Message 7064 of 8,506 (965 Views)
0 Likes
Please use plain text.
Staff
ScribeGT6817

Zidonaro wrote:

Hello Greg, I have a few questions:

1 - Is Dume native from Metru Nui ?
1.5 - And Lhikan ?

2 - Why didn't the Toa Metru had Suva with masks like the Toa Mata ?

3 - Why did the Story team abandoned the concept of Toa Kaita in later years ? 

4 - Vultraz was a strange Matoran who didn't care for work and was always killing someone. Is he a "defective" Matoran ? Did something wrong happened during his Creation ?

4.5 - Is Vultraz's Mask from Icarax ?

5 - What is the preferred regions of Ba-Matoran ? 

1) Yes and yes

2) Because by 2004 we were no longer doing mask packs, so the emphasis on changing masks was not in the story.

3) Because the set designers were not doing them as combination models anymore, so there was no need to work them into story. Remember, it was always sets first, story second.

4) I suppose you could call him defective the same way you could any criminal. I think in his case gaining sapience simply prompted him to act on selfish motives

4.5) From in what way?

5) There has been some fan discussion about this, but no official decision,I don't think

Message 7065 of 8,506 (987 Views)
Please use plain text.