[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aria SSDK: follow up!

> I'm kind of irritated that I had to spend $50 for the SSDK when all that
> I really wanted to do was to look at the manual. If you could have kept a
> copy online in PostScript form, I could have downloaded a copy and looked
> at using Ghostscript (which you can get for free). If Sierra isn't going
> to make the SSDK available, can't they allow an electronic version to be
> available online?

That is one of the possibilities we are discussing, cross your fingers :-)

> Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. Might someone be able to scan the
> manual and upload the information for everyone else?

That is prohibited by Sierra's license and might anger Sierra sufficiently
to stop supporting this users group, which would be a great loss. I ask you
all to exercise some patience while I'm negotiating.

Daniel

| Daniel R. Tauritz          E-mail: dtauritz@wi.leidenuniv.nl              |
|                            WWW   : http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~dtauritz/ |
| Mathematics & Computer Science Dept., Leiden University, The Netherlands  |
| Maintainer of the comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard hierarchy WWW site at         |
| http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/audio/                                        |
| the Soundcard Resources List (weekly posting on the soundcard newsgroups) |
| the Leiden Audio Archives at ftp.wi.leidenuniv.nl:/pub/audio              |
| the comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage ATA WWW site at                      |
| http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/ata/                         and much more... |

Reference(s):