Welcome to our Community
Here is a list of the current community organizations and other guests
making use of the services at FLORA Community WEB. Some of the groups
listed here are also Partners or
Clients of Russell McOrmond's consulting business, many of which are
also community services. I will note them in the list.
- Alternative Transportation mailing list
- Information and archives for the alt-transp mailing list that is
hosted on Flora.
- Asia Pacific Center for Justice and
- The Asia Pacific Center is a non-profit organization working with
partners in the US, Asia and the Pacific for justice and peace in today's
context of changing national and global dynamics.
- Ask the Doctors
- Your medical question will be read by the qualified professionals who
are members of this group. Any one of them, or perhaps several, will
- Auto-Free Ottawa
- An organization who's goal is to decrease the dependency we
have on the Automobile.
- Canadian Homeschool
- A resource page for people in Canada interested in educating their
children from their own homes.
- Car Free Living
- The pleasures, frustrations, and practicalities of living without a
car in Canada's National Capital Region
- Citizens for Safe Cycling
- A non-profit association which promotes cycling as a viable
means of transportation in the Ottawa-Carleton Region.
- Communities before Cars Coalition
- CBCC aims to reduce the impact of vehicular traffic on local communities.
- Community Democratic Action
- An organization of citizens committed to a healthy, safe, caring,
prosperous, diverse and democratic community. Organized in the aftermath
of the MegaWeek announcements, and a meeting on April 3'rd.
- Famous 5 Foundation (Ottawa Chapter)
- The Famous 5 Foundation is a charitable not for profit
corporation founded to honour the Famous 5 and other Canadian women,
commemorate the Persons Case and inspire, recognize and celebrate achievement.
- Good Companions
- A bright, airy meeting place where seniors from every walk of life can
participate in a multitude of social activities and receive many services
to enhance their quality of life
- Home Based Learning Network
- HBLN is a network of people interested in alternatives to the school
system, including, but not limited to, teaching our children at home and
development of cooperative learning opportunities.
- K.C. Maclure Centre
- The K.C. Maclure Centre is a non-profit organization providing
daytime programs and supports to persons with disabilities.
- Lynx Developers
- Lynx is a text based browser used by a variety of groups ranging from people
who just don't like the 'fluff' often seen with graphics on the net, people who
cannot afford the extra computing resources and network bandwidth of graphics,
to people such as the visually impared for which graphics have no purpose.
- MAI-not (part of OPIRG-Carleton)
- The MAI (Multilateral Agreement on Investment) is an international treaty
being proposed to OEDC countries by the World Trade Organization. Under
this agreement Governments would be ruled by
- National Capital Runners' Association (NCRA)
- NCRA dedicated to the promotion of running as a recreational option
and/or a competitive alternative for men and women in
Canada's National Capital region.
- New Canadian (and
other good) Books
- This site is maintained by Rosaleen Dickson, books editor of The Hill Times
- Ontario Federation of Teaching Parents
- The Ontario Federation of Teaching Parents (OFTP) is a non-sectarian,
non-profit organization committed to the examination and address of common
concerns of home-educating parents.
- Ottawa Cycle Resource
- Links to resources and information of interest to cyclists in the
- Ottawa Vegetarian Society
- The Ottawa Vegetarian Society exists to serve the people of Ottawa and surrounding areas, as a
resource base for information on Vegetarianism and as a network for encouraging those following
a Vegetarian way of life.
- Ottawa District Community of Ontario Special
- Ontario Special Olympics is a non-profit, charitable organization
dedicated to providing year-round recreational
and competitive sport training for individuals with developmental
- Planned Parenthood Federation of
- The Planned Parenthood Federation of Canada is an organization that works
internationally, nationally, and within communities across Canada to
ensure access to educational, clinical, and counselling services in the
area of sexuality and reproductive health.
- Répertoire Outaouais - Ottawa area directory
- A list of Ottawa area Web sites. Maintenu par Mario Girard.
- FLORA Server Project
- Various software projects are underway at FLORA to try to improve the tools
available to the community. If you are a software developer, you may wish to
get involved and help.
- Peace and Environment Resource
- Alternative media, resources not available at public libraries,
outlet for local groups to communicate, allows public to be involved in
finding solutions to environmental and social problems.
- This is a mailing list and information archives focused on issues of
interest to pedestrians.
- United Nations Association of
- UNA-Canada is a national non-profit organization promoting UN
programmes and activities within Canada. Local branches setting up their
own WEB sites under the UNAC domain include:
- Information and devices for the visually impaired.
- Westend Family Cinema
- A non-profit community theater.
Last Modified: December 17, 1997 by Russell