Thanks for VOTING FOR PAT!
"Running for the People of Maine"
MAINE GREENS EARN BACK STATUS!!!
GREENS TO HAVE REORGANIZING MEETING NOV. 21 IN AUGUSTA
The Maine Green Party regained ballot status with nearly a 7% vote for Pat
LaMarche for governor.
We were disqualified in 1996 because Ralph Nader did not get 5% of the
presidential vote as required by Maine law. We will now have status until
2000, and if our court case prevails in the First Circuit Court of Appeals
in Boston we will not need a presidential candidate and will then have party
status until 2002.
555 of 654 precincts counted. Angus King (I) 58.6%, James Longley (R)
18.8%, Tom Connolly (D) 12.2%, LaMarche (GREEN) 6.8%, Clarke (Taxpayers) 3.6%
LaMarche beat Connolly in 2 counties, Waldo and Hancock, came close in three
others, and in the town of Monroe she beat Angus King also!!
LaMarche got (so far) 24,310 votes.
Contacting the Campaign:
Campaign Address: LaMarche for Governor, POB 729, Yarmouth, ME 04096
Pat LaMarche: phone: 865-1370; pager 264-7576; email email@example.com
Portland Office: 618 Congress St., Portland 04102, ph.773-9898. Coordinator:
Bangor Office: 30 Broad St, West Market Square, Bangor 04401. Coordinator: Matt Tilley.
Auburn office: 86 Main St. in Auburn. ph. 784-2080, 784-3090
Scheduler and General Administrator: Karen D'Andrea firstname.lastname@example.org Phone her at
773-9898 (Portland Campaign Office) or use her pager number 750-5515.
- Contact Karen if you are interested in having a House Party with Pat.
- If you would like to help with fundraising for the campaign, you can also contact
Campaign Manager: John Rensenbrink
Volunteer Coordinator: Ben Chipman. Call him at 758-4002 to help out in the
Treasurer: David Draper email@example.com
[Back to top]
We are getting requests from churches, civic orgnizations and other groups delighted
with her candidacy who want her to come speak. If you would like to have Pat address
your group, or if you would like to host a House Party where you and your neighbors can
talk with Pat, call the LaMarche For Governor office in Portland at 773-9898.
[ Older events are listed at bottom. ]
[Back to top]
- Oct 29 - 7 pm, WAGM, Debate, Presque Isle.
- Oct 27 - 8 pm, Channel 6 Debate
- Oct 26 - 8-9 pm, Public TV, Gubernatorial Debate, Don Carrigan moderator.
- Oct 20 - 4:30-6:30pm Oxford Hills Chamber of Commerce Candidates Forum, S. Paris
- Oct 20 - 6:30-8pm Western Maine Forest Forum, Gray
- Oct 19 - 9am South Portland High School
- Oct 17 - 1:30 pm, Town Meeting Debate, USM Portland.
- Oct 16 - 8-9 pm, Channels 8 & 5, Gubernatorial Debate, Bates College.
- Oct 14 - 11 am, Maine Municipal Association Candidates Forum.
- Oct 14 - 7-9 am Western Mountain Alliance Gubernatorial Debate, UMaine
- Oct 13 - 9am, Monmouth Academy
- Oct 13 - 7:30pm Letter Carriers Union, Westbrook
- Oct 11 - House Party, Baldwin.
- Oct 10 - Machias Town Meeting.
- Oct 10 - 1:30 pm, Town Meeting Debate, Presque Isle.
- Oct 10 - 8 am, Maine Civil Rights March, Orono (representatives from the
campaign will attend).
- Oct 9 - 12:30 Oxford Hills High School, Government class
- Oct 9 - 5:30 House Party, York
- Oct 8 - 9:30-10:45am USM class
- Oct 8 - Tentative release of health care plan
- Oct 8 - 8-9pm Pubic TV, Lewiston, Live interview call-in show
- Oct 7 - 7:30 pm, Maine Chamber of Commerce Debate, Augusta Civic Center
- Oct 7 - 1 pm Public Radio, Interactive chat with Maine High School
- Oct 7 - 12:15 pm, Maine Public Radio, Live interview, Portland.
- Oct 6 - Noon, campaign meeting
- Oct 6 - 8 am, Maine Development Foundation, Roast, Samoset
- Oct 5 - Gubernatorial Debate, Vinalhaven High School.
- Oct 3 - Maine Share Bike Ride, Richmond.
- Oct 3 - 1:30 pm, Town Meeting Debate, Margaret Chase Smith, Waterville.
- Oct 3 - 10 am, Maine Share Bike Ride, Richmond Corners
- Oct 2 - 20/20 Portland
- Oct 1 - 20/20 Norway
- Oct 1 - 10:30 am, Women's Legislative Council Gubernatorial Forum
- Sept 30 - 7:30-9 pm, WMPG, Sound Ecology show debate, Portland.
- Sept 30 - 20/20 Java Joe's, Water St. Augusta
- Sept 29 - 20/20 York County
- Sept 28 - 20/20 York County
- Sept 27 - 8 pm, Debate, Channel 6.
- Sept 27 - Pat will attend the Common Ground Fair
- Sept 26 - 1:30 pm, Town Meeting debate, Camden High School.
- Sept 25, 26 & 27 - Common Ground Country Fair, Unity.
- Sept 25 - 20/20 Belfast/Stonington
- Sept 24 - 5 pm, WERU, Blue Hill
- Sept 24 - 20/20 Jim's Smoked Salmon, Eastport
- Sept 20 - 25 - Northern Maine engagements.
- Sept 20 - 1 pm, NOW meeting, Winslow.
- Sept 19 - 1:30 pm, Town Meeting debate, Bates College
- Sept 18 - 5:30 pm, Becky Coloris Garden Party.
- Sept 16 - 7:30 pm, Communities of Merry Meeting Bay Association
Candidates Forum, at Richmond American Legion.
- Sept 16 - 10 am, Maine Share Board meeting, Augusta.
- Sept 13 - Noon, Toy Ride.
- Sept 13 - 6-8 pm Tom Witney Farm, S. Paris, Fiesta.
- Sept 12 - 10 am, Green Council meeting, Bangor.
- Sept 12 - Maine Press Association fall conference, 5:30-7PM, Portland.
- Sept 10 - 10 am Bangor Daily News.
- Sept 10 - TV commercial production, Brewer.
- Sept 9 - 7 pm, Meeting with Letter Carriers Union, Westbrook.
- Sept 8 - 9am & 6pm campaign meetings.
- Sept 7 - Solidarity Picnic, E Millinocket.
- Sept 7 - Pancake Breakfast, Deering Oaks, Portland.
- Sept 6 - Portland, USM, "We Were There, Too" Women and Labor play, Luther Bonny
- Sept 5 - 11 am - 1 pm, Brunch House Party, Islesboro.
- Sept 4 - Machias
- Aug 26 - Women's Equality Day, Bangor.
- Aug 26 - 6 pm, Debate, Goodwill Farm, Hinkley
- Aug 21 - 10:30 am, Margaret Chase Smith building, Waterville. Candidates sign
- Aug 19 - Bangor Kiwanis luncheon.
- Aug 15 & 16 - Presque Isle, Potato Blossom Festival.
- Aug 11 - 2-4 pm Interview, Mal Leary, Augusta.
- Aug 9 - 7 pm, Speaking engagement at USM, Portland.
- Aug 8 - 3 pm BBQ, South Gardiner.
Paid for and authorized by LaMarche for Governor, Dave Draper, Treasurer.
Other Maine Green Party candidates running for office:
Web space and HTML creation donated by WebWeaver Tom Roberts of
Last Updated: 7-Oct-98.