My SD summer tour equipment/provisions list
(In response to a query on
regarding what provisions people were planning to bring along with them to the 2vN Y2K tour dates):
- Suitably fetching concert attire -- hey, if the Guys are being so good as to entertain me, I can do no less than entertain them back, right? Plus, if my attire is fetching enough, who knows whom I might wind up fetching?
- My whole stash of SD CDs, plus the faithful Discman.
- Rental RV -- nothing elaborate, I think a van conversion or pickup-truck insert model will do me just fine. For transportation, pre- and post-concert tailgate parties, plus a nice private traveling space to fetch whomever I've succeeded in fetching by means of Item One (I mean, unless they volunteer their limo or hotel room or whatevah).
- Wild Turkey 101 -- a whole bunch.
- Chiba chiba -- a whole bunch.
- Ambush perfume -- a whole bunch (gotta demonstrate the right dynamics for the New Frontier).
- Laptop computer w/wireless modem -- for posting reports from the field.
- Selection of fine foods from Zabar's, NYC -- hell with this yuppie-ass Dean and Deluca shit; I know what kind of soul food the Guys will really be hungry for after 6 weeks of traipsing across the goyishe hinterlands of East Pig's Knuckle, Idaho and beyond.
- Selection of fine novelty items from
Toys in Babeland, Seattle -- I can take some lively guesses at some other hungers too ...
- List of emergency phone numbers of friends back home in Seattle -- in case I need to call and say "Girlfriend, can you keep taking care of my cat for another, say, month or two? Seems my presence on the road is being desired a little bit longer ... "
/Mam'zelle Daphne Canard
(ready to throw out her gold teeth, among other things)