What is FluxBox
Fluxbox is yet another windowmanager for X.
It's based on the Blackbox 0.61.1 code. Fluxbox looks like blackbox and handles styles, colors,
window placement and similar thing exactly like blackbox (100% theme/style compability).
So what's the difference between fluxbox and blackbox then?
The answer is: LOTS!
Here is a list of features that fluxbox already has, or is in the works...
- Configurable window tabs. |
- Iconbar (for minimized/iconified windows) |
- Wheel scroll changes workspace
- Configurable titlebar (placement of buttons, new buttons etc) |
- KDE support |
- New native integrated keygrabber (supports emacs like keychains)
- Maximize over slit option
- Partial GNOME support
- Slit dockap ordering
- Other minor features
Aside from all this many changes and improvments have been made to the code.
- Session Management
- Windows/Tabs auto grouping
- Windows Snapping
- Configurable toolbar
- Other minor features
Where to get it
Look at the Download section.
/ Fluxbox 0.1.12 released! / 2002.09.12-19:51 CET
Get it here
Bugfixes in 0.1.12:
- mozilla focus issue
- Gnome state check (fspanel now sticky)
- Deiconify before send to workspace
- Fixed save workspace names when add/remove workspace
- New transient handling which should prevent deadlock
- Fixed sticky window crash
- Fixed workspace name update from toolbar
/ 0.1.11 bugfix 2 patch / 2002.09.10-12:20 CET
Get it here.
This includes the first patch and fixes a deadlock that was introduced in the first patch.
There'll probably be a new release in a day or two due to the circumstances, so stay tuned.
Sorry for the inconveniens.
/ 0.1.11 bugfix 1 patch / 2002.09.10-02:40 CET
Get it here.
This patch fixes new transient handling which should fix the xine problem,
and it also fixes the next/prev window focus to non-tabbed window.
Download fluxbox-0.1.11.tar.gz and
tar zxvf fluxbox-0.1.11.tar.gz
patch -p0 < fluxbox-0.1.11-bugfix1.patch
and then go to fluxbox-0.1.11 directory and configure/compile as usual.
/ fluxbox.org / 2002.09.06-22:22 CET
Many thanks to Krzysztof Bednarek for buying fluxbox.org domain name.
/ Fluxbox 0.1.11 Released / 2002.09.03-14:50 CET
Get it here
News in 0.1.11:
This will read groups from a file and auto group programs when they start.
This will allow you to popup the root menu, if you right click on the tab,
and select an application and it'll start grouped to the tab.
(note: this might interfere with the normal autogrouping in a bad way)
- Two new themes: BlueNight and LemonSpace
- Carry window across workspace with outlined mode.
- Slit now has a theme option:
slit: [texture option]
slit.color: [color value]
slit.colorTo: [color value]
It will fall back to the toolbar theme if it doesn't find it.
- ja_JP and fr_FR in fluxbox-generate_menu
- New util: fbrun
Which allows you to type a command and run it.
- The window menu now pop up in iconbar when you right click on the icon.
(The transient bug might be fixed but needs more testing, so if you filled a bugreport about transient window, please verify this)
- Fixed bug [ 582574 ] borderless windows cant be horiz resized.
- Fixed bug [ 600811 ] undefined keys messes up
- Fixed bug [ 598490 ] misplaced parentrelative gives redrw prb
- Fixed bug [ 586830 ] the clock now updates once per second.
- Fixed bug [ 574717 ] restarting fluxbox should keep iconic.
- Fixed "send to..." bug
- Fixed slitlist bug
- Fixed workspace name and the reassociation bug
| Older News
DOWNLOAD (latest v0.1.12)
v0.1.12 Source tarball
v0.1.12 Source bz2
(maintained by dopey)
(maintained by demerol)
SID Pack (1.26 MB)
(maintained by aleczapka)
FluxConf - Fluxbox Configuration Utitlity
(maintained by Fab)
Check our download page for more.
Get CVS version
Browse CVS online repository.
Check DEVBOX for Fluxbox Devel Documentation.
Changes for 0.1.12:
* Removed -fg and -bg settings in fluxbox-generate_menu
* Made a temporary fix for sticky windows (Thanks Simon Bowden)
* Fixed deadlock in the new transient handling
* Fixed minor issue with sending window to another workspace via
See full ChangeLog
See more screenshots
||May 27 2002 <bMon, 27 May 2002 16:16:39 -0700>16:16
||May 27 2002 <bMon, 27 May 2002 09:51:57 -0700>09:51
TALK TO US
On Fluxbox Forum or come to #fluxbox on irc.openprojects.net.
For fluxbox-users and fluxbox-developers
Found a bug? Report it. Read also howto deal with core-dumps.
Check our project page at Sourceforge.net.
AMD Athlon 1.3GHz/192MB
XFree Version 4.1.0
gcc version 3.0.3
Im Henrik Kinnunen aka Fluxgen. You can contact me (the author) on the channel #fluxbox on the network openprojects.
This is my mail adress if you need it.
RATE THIS MEAT
Vote on Fluxbox
Get more Dockapps at
The Dockapp Warehouse.
Dockapps are a small (useful|funny|weired) applications which will 'dock' onto the Fluxbox Slit.