These are facts straight from the mouth of J.K. Rowling, and were gathered from numerous online chats with her.
Facts About Book Five
- In book five, we go into a whole new area, physically, an area you've never seen before, a magical world
- Book five will be scary. Harry finds out a lot of things he hasn't stumbled across so far.
- In book five (Harry) has to examine exactly what death means, in even closer ways.
- We will see Mr. Weasley's car, Aragog, Dobby and the Dementors again.
- Book 5 will be shorter than the fourth. The fourth book will be the longest one.
- The Dursleys are in the next book, and there's stuff coming with them that people might not expect.
- The "Arabella Figg" Dumbledore refers to at the end of book four is indeed the same Mrs. Figg that takes care of Harry for the Dursleys in book one.
- You'll be seeing Mrs. (Arabella) Figg in book five, and you'll find out all about her.
- Harry will see the real 'Mad-Eye' Moody in book five.
- We will find out why Voldemort killed Lily and James Potter.
- Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.
- There will be a female Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher.
- You see Lupin in Book Five. Yes, you will see a lot of old characters in Book Five.
- Ginny Weasley will play more of a role in book five.
- One of the main characters, one of Harry's "fans" will die.
General Facts Not Disclosed in the Books
- Harry's middle name is "James."
- Hagrid, Lily , and James were in Gryffindor. (Hagrid was NOT in Hufflepuff.)
- Lily Potter's maiden name was Evans.
- There are about a thousand students at Hogwarts. (True, that doesn't seem right, but J.K. said so...and she's the boss.)
- James Potter was a Seeker on the Gryffindor Quidditch team.
- Hermione's birthday is September 19th, Ron's is March 1st.
- James Potter inherited lots of money, so he didn't need a well-paying profession.
- The fifth book will be shorter than the fourth. The fourth book will most likely be the longest of the
- James Potter inherited the invisibility cloak from HIS father.
- Witches and wizards have longer life spans than muggles.
- The Gringott's goblins' return the muggle money they they
acquire back into circulation.
- The approximate value of a Galleon is about five pounds ($7.30 or 8.00 Euro), though the exchange rate varies.
- Dumbledore is 150, McGonagall is 70 (and is really an old softy, just doesn't act like it), Snape is 35 or 36.
- The Happiest people do not become ghosts (therefore we can take it that ghosts are people that died while sad, angry, etc. Myrtle was teased, Nearly Headless Nick didn't have his head completely chopped off, the Bloody Baron was...lonely?)
- The Hogwarts teachers do not stay at Hogwarts during the Christmas holidays. Filch, Hagrid and Dumbledore do.
- [To remove Dudley's tail that Hagrid gave him in the hut on the rock], the Dursleys went to a private hospital where the staff was very discreet, and said that a wart had got out of control.
- Azkaban is in the north of the North Sea. A very cold sea.
- You can do unfocused and uncontrolled magic without a wand (like when Harry blows up Aunt Marge), but to do really good spells you need a wand.
Don't wait any longer! Pre-order Book 5
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix right now!
|Order the Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone DVD or VHS at Amazon.com today!
- - - - - - - -
Don't wait! Reserve your copy of
, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" @ Amazon.com today!