WED Web Search Categories
This category in other languages:
- Action by Christians Against Torture
- Works to secure the worldwide abolition of torture by campaigning, prayer and by support for the victims. Based in Britain and Ireland. Affiliated to the International Federation of Action by Christians for the Abolition of Torture.
- Boycott Brazil
- Background information and current status of John Gregory Lambros illegal extradition and imprisonment in Leavenworth, Kansas federal prison.
- Burma and Human Rights
- Learn about human rights violation in Burma at Toe Kyi's web site. Toe Kyi is a student activist of the nonviolent movement for human rights and democracy in Burma.
- Documents Concerning Political Prisoners in Laos
- Press releases and other documents concerning political prisoners in Laos, including 2 journalists.
- Free Dr. Younis Shaikh
- Campaign by American Atheists, Inc. on behalf of Dr. Younis Shaikh, convicted of blasphemy in Pakistan and is under sentence of death.
- The Free Iranian Freedom Fighters’ Petition
- An online petition to the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to free four democracy advocates.
- Freedom Now
- An all-volunteer, non-profit organization to facilitate representation for arbitrarily detained individuals who have neither used nor advocated violence.
- United States citizen was tortured and sentenced to two years in jail by a Qatari court under the influence of its ruler. Lou's family and friends are seeking to free him and return him home.
- Mexico: Bacilio Is Detained
- Just months after speaking up on human rights and free speech issues in Mexico, Dr. Bacilio Gomez was arrested by Mexican authorities.
- Rafael Marques Jailed in Angola
- Professional reviews and comments about the case/ background of this jailed journalist in the Republic of Angola.
- Report Criticizing Detention Practice
- Human rights groups question the continuing imprisonment of those who sought political asylum here.
- Solidarity Group Political Prisoners
- Links to several issues including the jailing of Mumia Abu-Jamal, Kurds, and German leftist press.
- A State of Denial
- The story of Canadian Bill Sampson who is awaiting execution inside a Saudi jail cell. It is believed that he was tortured into signing a false confession of guilt. Includes a rare look inside a Saudi jail cell.
- Together Against Torture
- Site attempting to save Zeynep Avci, a Kurdish woman tortured in Turkey.
Last updated January 27, 2004 8:17:45 p.m.