Otherkin.net Users Account Information
|your email address will be:|| firstname.lastname@example.org|
Note that smtp (mail send) requires a mail check -first- (aka
pop-before-smtp). This makes sure only okn users use the mail
The Webmail interface is https://webmail.liminalflux.net.
All mail accounts have an additional feature. Any email addressed to
username-anything @ otherkin.net will be delivered to username. For
those of you who paid close attention, you might have noticed that
my listmail all goes to/comes from rannirl-yhogroups @ otherkin.net.
The advantage of this is that you can give out varients on your email
to each place (yahoo, amazon, etc) and it all arrives in your mailbox.
Then, if you start getting spam you know (a) who is responsible for
putting your name on a list (b) you can let me know and I can easily
block that one alias and *poof* no more spam.
Currently neither mail directories or webspace are backed up. If you
want them backed up, it's up to you.
Otherkin.net accounts come with free webspace. Whist storage space
is plentiful, bandwidth is not, so please avoid placing large files on
|your website address:||http://home.otherkin.net/username|
Currently there is no scripting (cgi) facilities in user accounts for
security reasons (basically there has been no time to make sure they
are secure). If you feel the need for such, send email to the admin
account and it can be discussed.
To upload files to your webspace, you must use the given ftp server. Attempts
to ftp to any other address will fail.
The directory you are in once you connect is your webspace directory. It is
the only thing you have access to. (If you think you need something else,
contact me). Just upload your files there.
There aren't many, so please pay attention to the few we have. Most of them
are pretty much common sense and come down to "play nice".
- Don't use the account for anything illegal. This should be obvious.
- No spamming other people or using your account for commercial purposes.
- Please use the spamtrap mechanism described above. If you don't understand it, please ask
- Mailboxes are essentially unlimited, but please don't mail yourself mp3s or something. Resource hogs will be noticed
- Keeping graphics on your website small is good for the bandwidth. If you don't know how, ask
- Have a backup email account, we can't guarentee anything.