<< Fanatics Site
<< Fanatics Shop
<< Fanatics Library
<< Fanatics Newsletter

Become a Supporting Member Your Login Info

Not a Member Yet?

Lord of the Rings Books
Lord of the Rings Axes Support the Plaza by becoming a Supporting Member

Forum Overview | Last Forum Posts | Last House Posts | Forum Stats | People On | Plaza Kingdoms | FAQ  

All Forums
    Khazad-dûm
            Dwarven Welcome Centre XXIII (CL)

Printer Friendly Version Post reply    Post New Topic

Athaira Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 05:53
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1760     Posts: 2770     Days: 789    View Athaira's profileProfile Quote Athaira's postQuote

Brought to you by D.A.R.

Click on the picture to go to the previous thread.

Welcome to the Halls of Khazad-dum!  Visitors and Newcomers to our lovely mines are equally welcomed with the warmth and hospitality of the Dwarves!

Our Welcome Center is designed to give guidance to the newcomer, and to greet all visitors who come with their announcements and well wishes.  Please introduce yourself, look through the information we have provided, and ask any questions you might have.  Members of the DAR will gladly help you if they can.

If you are a new dwarf in our warm halls, a special Varkin! to you!  These members of DAR would love to mentor you and assist you with your questions.  They are:

• Oro: (E-Mail:  orodruin708@aol.com) (AIM:  orodruin708)
  • Athaira
  • TMM
  • Delnynalvor
  • Mithriltears
  • Geir
  • Taleci
  • Soleil

Rules

• No Chat
  • Only D.A.R. members can answer questions

KD Clans
There are lots of great activities going on in KD, and you will soon find that most of them are run by the 7 clans.  Each clan provides a different service to the kingdom.  Below is a list of the clans and their basic purposes.  You can find more detailed descriptions of each clan.  So pick a few off the list below that look interesting, read through their descriptions and maybe even visit a few of their threads before you decide which to join (choose carefully because you can only be a part of one!!). Click on the clan name to go to the current thread

• Yukogs (smiths, stone masons, carpenters, tinkerers)
  • Burx Uzbans (pub openers, brewers, tobaccoists, bards)
  • Mojaks (rune/glyph carvers, shapechangers, herbalists, alchemists, shamans)
  • Morogs (stone miners, gemdowsers, geologists)
  • Mex Uzbans (restaurant openers, food-makers, farm-tenders, hunters, shepherds)
  • Ankixogs (earth-guides, wanderers, singers, speakers, poets)
  • Kagam Khazads (loremasters, sages, interpreters, advisors)

Once you decide which clan is right for you, go into their thread and say you want to join.  The clan leader should give you further instructions from there.  Then check back frequently and participate in your clan’s threads and activities.  It’s as simple and exciting as that!!

Anghak: The KD army
Join the KD army and fight with the most elite warriors in middle earth!

Another exciting thing to do in KD is to join the army.  For one to join the army they must go to the Recruitment thread
From there one can ask the officers what to do! We hope you have fun

Helpful Links 

[FAQ Search Engine] [Plaza FAQ] [Dwarven FAQ] [What’s On In KD] [Technical FAQ] [Newbie FAQ] [Newbie Forum] 

Well, we hope that was helpful.  If you still have questions, ask away!

Vim Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 05:56
  Thorin     Points: 1198     Posts: 697     Days: 135    View Vim's profileProfile Visit Vim's homepageHomepage Quote Vim's postQuote
Okay, now that everything is in order and all that good stuff, what are the kal Shirak? I have been hearing about them from numerous army officials and in some other threads so I was just wondering what they were. Sorry about all the confusion going on before.
  Athaira Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 05:57
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1760     Posts: 2770     Days: 789    View Athaira's profileProfile Quote Athaira's postQuote

*smacks her computer* I'm sorry Vim, my computer messed up horribly so I had to delete and repost the intro. I'll go see if I can ask our rulers to move your post down.   As far as I know, Kal'Shirak are enemies of KD that are threatening, but I don' t think it has been revealed yet what they are.

Vim Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 06:02
  Thorin     Points: 1198     Posts: 697     Days: 135    View Vim's profileProfile Visit Vim's homepageHomepage Quote Vim's postQuote
Wll thanks Athaira, that actually solves alot for me. I had no idea what these dwarves weer talking about as I am most intrested in the races of Midddle-earth, but I had never heard of these horrible peoples. Are they a plaza creation or were they really in Tolkein's work?
  Delnynalvor Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 06:06
  King of Durin's Folk     Points: 5680     Posts: 10997     Days: 1213    View Delnynalvor's profileProfile Quote Delnynalvor's postQuote

Vim: Tolkien never gave us much information about the language of the Dwarves ( Khuzdul ) so many of the words we use are invented by someone else than Tolkien himself. ( Who exactly I don't know )

Athaira: I was wondering what was going on... suddenly the entire toppost moved to the left, and Vim's post disappeared! I'm glad everything is back to normal!  

Loin Stealtharm Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 08:27
  Advisor to the Mithril Crown     Points: 4194     Posts: 9679     Days: 879    View Loin Stealtharm's profileProfile Quote Loin Stealtharm's postQuote
Delny and Vim, the invention of the plaza language (based on the few words that tolkien provided us), was started at the beginning of the plaza. It was Sharky and Isembard and Silk who did a lot for them if I remember correct. Later Quyi-erac, invented a lot of words and added a whole bunch of them, and he also improved the grammar. I'm sure there are others too that helped a lot, but those 4 people really did a lot (sorry for those that I don't know about)
  CajsaArkenstone Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 09:52
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1359     Posts: 1464     Days: 506    CajsaArkenstone is a Support MemberSupport   View CajsaArkenstone's profileProfile Quote CajsaArkenstone's postQuote

Thank you all for your warm comments and advice in the last thread. I was able to locate the Drill Team Thread. The Debate team intimidates me because of all the role-playing, but I'm keeping an open-mind. I have been reading the role-playing threads for a while now to try to get some ideas!

Someone, I think, Delnynalvor,  asked what a Ph.D was: It is an abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy, in my case, in the field of Sociology, and is normally the highest degree awarded for any non-medical disciplines. But I still have far to go before I can change my name to Dr. Arkenstone!

VerdeEternidad Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 14:10
  Enting     Points: 105     Posts: 107     Days: 128    View VerdeEternidad's profileProfile Visit VerdeEternidad's homepageHomepage Quote VerdeEternidad's postQuote

May I ask where else I can migle with Dwarves before getting settled in, such as a pub or marketplace? Someone might have posted some advice already, but I think I may have missed it.

Melia Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 15:39
  Istari Luminary     Points: 5853     Posts: 6400     Days: 834    View Melia's profileProfile Quote Melia's postQuote
Hullo Verde! The current pub is The Broken Drum (that's a clickable link!  ) which should be a fun place to go, if you're looking for something a little calmer then there's the Khazad-dûm Market XVIII (also clickable!) that you suggested, it's a cool thread as well.  Have fun!
  Shadahia Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 16:59
  Scavenger     Points: 68     Posts: 10     Days: 116    View Shadahia's profileProfile Quote Shadahia's postQuote

Hello Everyone,

How is everyone?  I am a complete newbie around here.  As you can see I just got out of my testing.  So much for acing it right???  Oh well, my point is that by the time I have 80 points I would like to join a race but I don't know which one to choose can anyone pursuade me to join the dwarves???

you can for see your fait for your fait is the present.
  Delnynalvor Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 17:05
  King of Durin's Folk     Points: 5680     Posts: 10997     Days: 1213    View Delnynalvor's profileProfile Quote Delnynalvor's postQuote

Shadahia: Here you might find what you need: So Many reasons to join the Dwarves! IV ( clickable  ) I hope there are enough good reasons, in your opinion, to choose our race! Good luck, with whatever you choose, and I hope to see you around!

Verde: Welcome, New Soul! I see Mithy has been so kind to answer you question! At the moment I'm in the pub ( chatting with a Minion! *g* ), and don't be afraid to start talking to me if you want! I'm always available for a good converstaion!

Star Flower Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 03:18
  Gollum     Points: 7915     Posts: 10246     Days: 690    View Star Flower's profileProfile Quote Star Flower's postQuote
Shadahia: I just have to add something from what Delny said, if you are feeling slightly offish about having a beard, you do not have to RP (Role Play) a dwarf. For instance, I RP a human but I live in Khazad-Dum. I can also promise you that we are one of the most accepting Kingdoms on the plaza  If you have any questions or need a helping hand, you can stop in here anytime!
  Shadahia Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 12:32
  Scavenger     Points: 68     Posts: 10     Days: 116    View Shadahia's profileProfile Quote Shadahia's postQuote
Thanks a lot Delnynalvor there are a lot of reasons to join KD isn't there?  Also, thanks Taleci  yeah, I've noticed that KD is a rather accepting place for anyone.  (I went around to look)  You know, I think a beard would look great on me though.  perhaps if I was a dwarf but not a candle.  I would catch myself on fire!!!

you can for see your fait for your fait is the present.
  Thom Bombadil Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 16:22
  Tom Bombadil     Points: 11424     Posts: 14089     Days: 749    View Thom Bombadil's profileProfile Visit Thom Bombadil's homepageHomepage Quote Thom Bombadil's postQuote

((Reminder - your MoM nomination is due in by Sunday 30th January - please send it to kd_council@yahoo.co.uk thanks!))

SoMK Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 19:07
  Herald of Imladris     Points: 134     Posts: 21     Days: 115    View SoMK's profileProfile Visit SoMK's homepageHomepage Quote SoMK's postQuote
Hi there ! I'm a newcomer from the North and look for a place to settle down and work on my craft amongst good people ! As I LOVE gemstones, metal, jewelry , sculptures.. I've been tempted to live in Rivendell but I'm still hesitating because.. well.. inside me, I'm still a Dwarf ... Aargh.. anyway, for the moment, I'm just looking around.. *bows*
  Melia Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 20:21
  Istari Luminary     Points: 5853     Posts: 6400     Days: 834    View Melia's profileProfile Quote Melia's postQuote

Shadahia - oh yes, I think a beard would suit you wonderfully. *giggles*

SoMK - hullo and welcome to the plaza! Make sure to read the FAQs if you're confused about anything, they're really helfpull... I hope you give Khazad-Dum some thought before sticking with Rivvy, we've got the Yukogs (a top-class clan for just crafting things) and many other fun opportunites! Anyways, whatever you decide, welcome to the plaza, I hope you have oodles of fun! (If you get lost about anything feel free to email me, or contact me over Instant Messenger, info is in my profile)

CajsaArkenstone Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 21:07
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1359     Posts: 1464     Days: 506    CajsaArkenstone is a Support MemberSupport   View CajsaArkenstone's profileProfile Quote CajsaArkenstone's postQuote
Hello. I am interested in participating in a class at the Khazad-Dum University. I am not completely sure how to proceed. When do classes begin? How do I sign up? Thanks in advance for any information. My thread navigating skills are improving, but I still have a way to go. scribbles in notebook beside her to remember where she asked the question.
  Delnynalvor Monday, January 24, 2005 at 04:35

Caja: I suggest you go to the Registration for H2 class, and everything is explained in the top post! The person who is most involved in the Khazad-dûm University is Geir, so I think it's best to contact her in this thread! One thing, the link I gave you is to a thread for pre-registration. Keep that in mind...  

Good luck in finding your way around...

Vim Monday, January 24, 2005 at 04:39
Hey, again, and again. well aftre i stop spamming I am going to ask a question. I was wondering what this DoM thing is. I have seen icons from it used multiple times on the plaza and I was just wondering what it was and to get a few details about it if you please.
  Melia Monday, January 24, 2005 at 07:39
Hullo Vim! DoM is short for the, "Derndingle of Mystery" an ongoing RPG that is twisting its way throughout allready established threads on the plaza. It is largely orchestrated by everyone's favourite lawn ornament, and admin, Hoth. It's a big mysterious thing only open to the best Role Players on the plaza. (The story of of the RPG has to do with bringing the entwives back)  
  Vim Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 06:04
Well Hullo to you Mithy. Thank-you for clearing that up for me. You guys do great at helping newbies like me. Hmm but, how can they brin gthe entwives back.. if they haven't been found? lol. Hmm very mysterious. Well I was just wondering so thanks alot.
  Lindor Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 20:29
  Elder of Imladris     Points: 459     Posts: 195     Days: 125    View Lindor's profileProfile Quote Lindor's postQuote
Hello, I been wondering about something. I been waiting in a thread, Moria Health and Beauty Spa, since the 15th to get a massage, and I been wondering how long it usually takes to start. If they are too busy I wouldn't have a problem leaving. But I am not an experienced RPGer. Could you suggest something? I don't want to make them feel bad. I even eagle-mailed them about it, but have not yet received an answer. I asked in the eagle mail if I had forgotten something they still needed, but they didn't respond. Could somebody help me?
  Melia Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 21:22
Hey Lindor! That's my fault...  I run the spa, well partly. I'm so sorry that you've not been treated yet! The massage therapists that we've hired have mostly become inactive in the spa and on the plaza. Steps will be taken to hire new folks, you have my word. Also, I'll rustle someone up to give you your treatment, just as soon as I can think straight (I need to write a few articles first, so give me a few hours) I've not checked the email in a while, keep on forgetting to. I am soo, sooo sorry about this. *worries*
  Naiom Denaius Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 06:00
  Apprentice of Gondor     Points: 96     Posts: 41     Days: 335    View Naiom Denaius's profileProfile Quote Naiom Denaius's postQuote
Hi i am a new hobbit-turned-dwarfette! My name is Zippy, Zippy Bungle and i am honoured to have been accepted into your wonderful kingdom. I enjoy writing poetry so am looking forward to joing the poetry group and just generally getting drunk and eating meat. good day.
  Sethai Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 06:01
  Artisan     Points: 209     Posts: 46     Days: 113    View Sethai's profileProfile Visit Sethai's homepageHomepage Quote Sethai's postQuote

Heya just wanted to make my presence known

Wasnt sure where to post, but hear looked right.

I was wondering how you could see when you had new posts on a thread? Is there a way of doing it so you could keep track of things easier.

Athaira Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 09:10

Welcome to KD, Zippy and Sethai!  I hope you enjoy yourselves as you explore our kingdom!

Sethai; when are on the main forum listing, and you go to click on a thread, the last poster's name, the date and time, should be all the way to the right, see?                                                                                                                                                                 
Pinned Topic Dwarven Welcome Centre XXIII Athaira 27 167 Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 06:01
By Sethai

If you have any more questions, please ask!  
  Sethai Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 11:44
  Artisan     Points: 209     Posts: 46     Days: 113    View Sethai's profileProfile Visit Sethai's homepageHomepage Quote Sethai's postQuote

Ah no thats not what I meant.

Theres lots and lots of threads about, so how would I keep track of where I'd posted? Is there a way in which I can subscribe or see only the places Ive posted?

Melia Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 14:13

Welcome Zippy! I hope your stay as a dwarf is a fabulous experience!

Hullo Sethai! There is no subscription service type thing on the plaza, so sorry! Just do your best to remember where you have posted... if all else fails I suppose you could always write it down somewhere though.  My advice is to get really involved in a few kingdom activities and not worry about being involved in everything, it will help you really find a place to fit into the plaza. Of course, if you want to be involved in it all, then go right ahead. Whatever you wish!

Lindor Wednesday, January 26, 2005 at 19:24
  Elder of Imladris     Points: 459     Posts: 195     Days: 125    View Lindor's profileProfile Quote Lindor's postQuote
Smiling at the Dwarfette Mithykins Lindor said:" No *worries* Now that I know what is going on, I'll pick up another magazine and have some more of that scrumtuous food. I am glad we got this figured out. I do have one more question. How hard would it be to become a Masseur? If it isn't too hard, I wouldn't mind training for one. Or do I have to be a dwarf in order to do that?
  Delnynalvor Thursday, January 27, 2005 at 01:59

Lindor: Is it ok if I answer your qyuestion? Here ( clickable ) you'll find the Moria Health and Beauty Spa OOC-thread, and Thom Greenleaf is the one responsible for it all. I suggest you just ask him, and he'll tell you what to do!  Good luck, and I hope to see you soon...

Sethai: Something you can do is go to your profile ( you have that option on the left of the screen, and it looks like this:  . Click it, and then you see a button ( below ) which is named: "10 last posts"... Maybe that can help!  Good luck...

Geir Friday, January 28, 2005 at 07:20
  Sage of Khazad-dûm     Points: 3334     Posts: 4986     Days: 677    View Geir's profileProfile Quote Geir's postQuote

Lindor and Casja, please check on the KDU house.

Welcome Sethai, Zippy, and other newcomers.

Khazad-dum University reopens Feb, 10! Learn Ancient Dwarven History!
  Melia Friday, January 28, 2005 at 12:58
Lindor - Staff positions are available for all races, just ask in the OOC thread (there's a link to it in the first post of the spa) to be a part of the team!  There's no training that is necessary, just as long as you know a bit about massage in RL. I hope you join us!
  Menealata Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 18:43
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1456     Posts: 4094     Days: 435    View Menealata's profileProfile Quote Menealata's postQuote
Well I just wanted to say that altough I have been a member of this Kingdom for months I have neve been involved in any of the activities, in fact I don't think I have posted in here in several months, but I am going to try to get involved now, so I just wanted to say hi I am here now, thanks to several dwarf's that have nudged me over here to get involved, I think i am going to join the Burx clan, that seems the most like me.
  Delnynalvor Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 01:14
Menealata: Welcome to Khazad-dûm, I guess! I've never met you before, and it's nice to meet another Dwarf! If you have any question concerning Khazad-dûm ( for instance the Army ( a.k.a. the Anghak ) as it seems quite hard to understand the structure, when you see it for the first time ) you are always welcome to ask them here! I hope to see you around...
  Star Flower Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 01:24
  Gollum     Points: 7915     Posts: 10246     Days: 690    View Star Flower's profileProfile Quote Star Flower's postQuote
MENE!!!!  I am so happy to see you here! I was wondering why you haven't stopped by here yet. Guys, Mene is a fantastic poet. Go and check out her work. Make sure you stop by at the Dwarven Poets Society Mene!
  Menealata Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 10:10
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1456     Posts: 4094     Days: 435    View Menealata's profileProfile Quote Menealata's postQuote

thanks for the warm welcome Delnynalvor, (boy that is a mouthful to say) i dont think i will join the army quite yet my rpg skills are not what they should be yet

*hugglesTaleci* my poems are that great, lol it just took me a while to get myself over here, and i am going to join the dps i think i have in the past but never did anything with it, but i WILL be active if i have to force myself to

*Huggles*

Melia Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 23:27
LATA! WELCOME TO KHAZAD-DUM! I knew you'd find your way here soon! *huggles* it's so awesome that you're getting involved in the kingdom! *squeel, huggles* And you joined my clan! *Shrieks* If you've got any questions at all, feel free to give me an email or add me to Instant Messenger or whatever.
  Menealata Monday, January 31, 2005 at 10:21
*hugglesfriendlyface!* thanks mithy! i might be emailing about some of the clan stuff i dont know much about pubs, but i will learn! *determined look upon face!*

is there more than one thread for Brux activities? or are they just training in the main one?
  Jyssmira Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 11:15
  Artisan     Points: 265     Posts: 33     Days: 206    View Jyssmira's profileProfile Quote Jyssmira's postQuote

Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone knew... If I want to join a plaza house, can I just ask one if I can join or do I have to email someone and get assigned to one?

If anyone has the answer to this I would be very appreciative to know... Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Menealata Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 11:21
you can ask in some houses, but in others they dont want you to ask and say so. in those houses if you become active, and are nice you might recieve an invite from the owners
  Cherriax Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 11:42
  Gimli     Points: 980     Posts: 1037     Days: 155    View Cherriax's profileProfile Quote Cherriax's postQuote

Hi all. Just thought that id let anyone who was interested know that Mungo Cherry had a split personality and has now flipped. Her name is now Cherriax, so don't you forget it!!!!

Love ya all

Cherri xxxxx

Jyssmira Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 12:02
  Artisan     Points: 265     Posts: 33     Days: 206    View Jyssmira's profileProfile Quote Jyssmira's postQuote
Thanks again Menealata! Cheers!
  Menealata Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 17:35
No problem Jyss! And if you just want to hang out I just started a new house for the Black bunny riders so feel free to come and join us in our randomness. We still have plenty of room for active members!

Here
  Athaira Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 18:39
Cherriax; Awesome name!

Mene; Welcome to the kingdom! I think I've seen you around the plaza, but I don't think we've met. Glad to have you here! Thank you for taking the time to answer Jyss's question, but, one of our rules is that only DAR (Dwarven Assocation of Recruitment) members can answer questions. It was designed so that misinformation isn't accidentally spread. However, you definally met our requirements so if you would wish join, you would be very welcome!
  Menealata Tuesday, February 01, 2005 at 18:56
oh sorry  i should have read closer,  how does one join DAR?  i would love to join! i feel awfully silly for not seeing that in the begining post i have read it like 5 times
  Delnynalvor Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 00:08

Menealata: There are two thing you have to "posses" before joining the DAR-team. I copied this from our house: ( and hope Athaira don't mind. )

Before Applying for Membership You Must
  • Be a member of the Plaza for at least 2 months.
  • Be at least a rank 4.

Cherriax: Great name, indeed... I guess that the name Varda chose for you wasn't that fitting for a Dwarf!

Cherriax Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 03:08
  Gimli     Points: 980     Posts: 1037     Days: 155    View Cherriax's profileProfile Quote Cherriax's postQuote

Delny: Thanks. Yeah, me and Varda made an executive decision that I should change it now!  *roffles*
Well done on your tribute rank, by the way!!

Stone Maiden Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 07:45
  Artisan     Points: 274     Posts: 25     Days: 105    View Stone Maiden's profileProfile Quote Stone Maiden's postQuote
Hey, i'm a hot newbie and my name is Stone Maiden, but I'm fine with Stone!!!  Just looking around Middle Earth at the mo and deciding which kingdom I should join.  This place looks pretty wicked, but can anyone tell me why i should come to KD, as I hear that being a dwarf is the way to go?  *roffles*
  Cherriax Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 07:48
Hiya Stone Maiden!!! Welcome to Khazad-dum  This is definately the place for you, so just look around and I know you'll love it. Keep an eye out for me (Cherriax  ) around the kingdom and have fun!!!
  Delnynalvor Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 07:49

Cherriax: I'm glad you made that decision! And thanks...

There is one other thing I would like to tell: There is an Chamber of Annoucements in Khazad-dûm, and if someone is looking for an activity outside our kingdom, so they gain some experience RP'ing against other races than only Dwares, they can alway go there. Here is the link... ( clickable  )

Vim Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 11:25
Hey I just won nexbie of the month, but I haven't receieved my icon yet, and its been two days! I was wondering if soemone like yoursleves could tell me why I haven't got that beautiful Bombur icon away from Morgurht yet? That is if you know of course.
  Delnynalvor Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 12:51
Vim: Calm down, young Dwarf, it'll come to you when the time is there. Not earlyer. Not later...  You'll have to wait untill one of the Queens decides she has time to do so...
  Vim Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 13:10

ohh ok, thats fine I am just so darn excited about winning

Star Flower Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 13:12
Vim + Delny ~ Actually, it's Peeg who does all the changes of the icons  That's why it make some time to actually get it. Peeg is a busy man and we just have to accept that these type of things might take time.  
  Delnynalvor Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 13:17

EEPS...  I didn't know that... I thought it were always the rulers who did those thing! Thanks for correcting me, Taleci!

Vim: I'm sorry, I was wrong! You'll have to wait for Protoguy ( Sub-Eru ) then! And don't worry, you'll get the icon! And it's understandable you are excited, just don't over do it, ok?

Midhenaer Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 13:27
  Istari Master     Points: 179     Posts: 73     Days: 107    View Midhenaer's profileProfile Quote Midhenaer's postQuote
Hi everybody! I'm trying to decide which kingdom to join and thought I'd stop in to take a look around.
  Star Flower Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 13:44
Hola Midhenaer! Thank you for stopping by and I hope we can convince you to join Khazad-Dum. We have an arry of activites on offer and if you tell us what your looking for in particular, we can nudge you into rhe right direction.

For Help with RP, go here: Role Play for Beginners [Ranks 1-5]
  Vim Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 14:39

doky

Athaira Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 14:53

All DAR; I need you to go here

Welcome to  Khazad-dum, Stone! I'm glad you desided to become a dwarf! 

Hi Midhenaer! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

_Sharvak_ Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 19:09
  Journeyman     Points: 128     Posts: 8     Days: 106    View _Sharvak_'s profileProfile Quote _Sharvak_'s postQuote

Hi. I'm Sharvak, obviously. I'm new here and I was just wondering if there we any other activities I could do as a new dwarf (outside of joining a clan of course). I apologize if I've done something wrong, perhaps I was supposed to read something or post somewhere else. Sorry, no offense intended. I'm really just looking for a way to immerse myself within the dwarven customs and activities. Again, terribly sorry for any rule breaking.

"The blame, dear Brutus, lies not in the stars but in our selves."- William Shakespear's Julius Ceacer
  Melia Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 19:59
Welcome Sharvak! There's no other place that you need to visit exactly, but I would suggest at least stopping by and glancing at, "Role Play for Beginners [Ranks 1-5]" (clickable link!) other than that though, it's basically up to you as to what you want to join and be active in, there are many many choices! If you are into lore, there are oodles of things to join, if you like arts then that's a whole different set of threads. All of the activities in KD have a link that can be found in the drop down menu in the header of the forum (does that make sense? if not I'll explain what it is *giggles*) so you can at least see what we have to offer! *glomps* welcome to the kingdom, it's soo exciting that you've chosen the dwarves!
  _Sharvak_ Wednesday, February 02, 2005 at 20:47
  Journeyman     Points: 128     Posts: 8     Days: 106    View _Sharvak_'s profileProfile Quote _Sharvak_'s postQuote
....um...thanks Mithykins.  The help is much appreciated.

"The blame, dear Brutus, lies not in the stars but in our selves."- William Shakespear's Julius Ceacer
  Stone Maiden Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 00:26
  Artisan     Points: 274     Posts: 25     Days: 105    View Stone Maiden's profileProfile Quote Stone Maiden's postQuote
Thanks for you great welcomes Cheriax and Athaira. Being a dwarf definately seems the best for me and there seems to be so much going on!
  Delnynalvor Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 00:33

Athaira: I've been there and gave my answers.

Midhenaer: I see you've chosen the Kingdom of the Istari, but I hope you know you are still welcome here. Come and visit the Dwarves as often as possible.

Sharvak: Welcome amongst the Dwarves, young one. I see Mithy has already answered you questions, but if you have any other ones feel free to drop by again! I wish you a pleasant stay in the Halls of the Dwarves...

Stone Maiden: Welcome to the plaza. I've heard some Minion, lissening to the name of Varda, introduced you to the plaza. Well, her friends are my friends. I hope you have a great time in Khazad-dûm. See you around...

Cherriax Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 13:14

Hi all.
I've been here for a bit now and done a lot of RP. Hi to all the people I've met along the way - luv ya all

Now, I was thinking about doing something else... like contributing to the kingdom in some way and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for me or needed any help with anything? I'm still not completely competent with everything on the plaza but I'm willing to learn and work hard...

Thanks guys

Royal Armenos Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 14:58
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1670     Posts: 1760     Days: 127    View Royal Armenos's profileProfile Quote Royal Armenos's postQuote
Alright I just have one quick question.  I guess I am kind of new but it doesn't feel that way anymore but I still haven't figured out how to do the white out stuff for the OOC comments.  Is there a thing that I do with the colors or something or is it a thing on the keyboard?  
  Midhenaer Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 15:40
  Istari Master     Points: 179     Posts: 73     Days: 107    View Midhenaer's profileProfile Quote Midhenaer's postQuote
Yes I'm a wizard now! They lured me there with chocolate. I love my pointy hat! I'll let you get back to your to all your dwarf stuff now.
  Melia Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 15:49

Cherriax - *huggles* (that's for joining my clan  ) The best advice I can give you is to just get really involved in a few activities! Don't try to overcommit and be involved in everything going on, it can be kind of overwhelming at first! If you'd like to help out in some way you can ask the queenies in the throne room if there's anything that you could do to help! If you've got any questions feel free to ask in here, or you can contact me on IM or through email! (info's in my profile)

Royal - Hehe, it's colours. Just highlight with your mouse the section of text you want to white out, then click either one of the colour boxes and choose "white" from the standard colours or, "Eru white" from the special colours.

Midhenaer - Awwww, have fun in orthanc, and make sure to visit KD from time to time! (Pssst, the wizzies are great fun, I'm sure  you'll have a splendid time there!)

Royal Armenos Thursday, February 03, 2005 at 16:47
  Khazad Elder     Points: 1670     Posts: 1760     Days: 127    View Royal Armenos's profileProfile Quote Royal Armenos's postQuote
Thanks Mithykins!!!
  Saranna Friday, February 04, 2005 at 05:20
  Warrior of Imladris     Points: 2352     Posts: 4718     Days: 467    Saranna is a Support MemberSupport   View Saranna's profileProfile Quote Saranna's postQuote
Saranna enters the splendid hall, looking around her in wonder.  She bows repectfully to the assembled company and says, My gracious dwarven friends, I come to bring you this invitation.  I hope some of you at least will be able to attend.  Laying her message upon an elegantly carven table, she bows once more and takes her leave.
http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=27&TopicID=169107&PagePosition=1
  CajsaArkenstone Friday, February 04, 2005 at 22:08
This may not be the proper forum, but i wonder if some of my fellow dwarves could help me out with a couple tecnical questions. I cannot figure out how to post links, or how to white out text? Thanks in advance for your help.
  Royal Armenos Friday, February 04, 2005 at 22:11
look at the post from Mithykins above.  That explains how to use the white out.  It is under the Royal section.
  Delnynalvor Saturday, February 05, 2005 at 01:05

Casja: He can link a site by highlighting the word, and press his: Add Hyperlink ( in the row of sybols under the smilies. ) If you want you can always try it out here, I don't think anyone would mind.

Royal: Thanks for helping here...

Midhnaer: We had a chocolat cake... *sobs*  Good luck in Orthanc!

Cherriax Saturday, February 05, 2005 at 10:15
Thank for the advice Mithy!! *huggles back*
  Star Flower Sunday, February 06, 2005 at 06:13

Miffy should take some of her own advice  She takes up so many activites its beyond me how she manages to cope  . But then again... if you have fun with these activites it really is not seen as a major work load depending on how much time you spend on the plaza.

benson1995 Sunday, February 06, 2005 at 19:29
  Apprentice     Points: 68     Posts: 16     Days: 108    View benson1995's profileProfile Quote benson1995's postQuote

G'day I'm Benson1995

The reason I wanted to be a dwarf is because my dad reminds me of Gimli. I want to learn all of the dwarf lore and would like some help from other dwarves. I want to learn how to battle orcs and goblins. I was looking for a Kingdon and Kazad-dum looked really lush. My favourite hobby is drinking Old Dwarven Ale. I take a pint with my friends.

I offer you my service.

Benson

Geir Monday, February 07, 2005 at 03:27
  Sage of Khazad-dûm     Points: 3334     Posts: 4986     Days: 677    View Geir's profileProfile Quote Geir's postQuote
Welcome and well met, Benson. I hope your days in Khazad-dum will be long and prosperous. If you are interested in dwarven history, I advice you to join the next class in Khazad-dum University. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Khazad-dum University reopens Feb, 10! Learn Ancient Dwarven History!
  Delnynalvor Monday, February 07, 2005 at 04:49
Benson: Welcome in Khazad-dûm. It's funny to see you have already the same interests and hobbies as a real Dwarf! I hope to see you around...
  Hrive Monday, February 07, 2005 at 18:37
  Queen of Durin's Folk     Points: 8898     Posts: 4795     Days: 538    View Hrive's profileProfile Visit Hrive's homepageHomepage Quote Hrive's postQuote

Benson, Varkin! We love to see new faces around here. We do have plenty of ales around here for you to sample *g* and if you are interested in brewing or pub mastering you might want to look into the Burx Clan. *g* each of the other clans have a lot to offer as well. Yukogs are the smiths, Mex are the food lords, Ankixogs are the wanderers/poets, Kagams are the Lore Lords *g*, Morogs handle the mining, and last, but not least mojacs are the magic practitioners.

We are so pleased to have you with us.

lerin Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 14:55
  Counsellor of Khazad-dûm     Points: 2364     Posts: 2166     Days: 570    View lerin's profileProfile Quote lerin's postQuote
@DAR members or at least one of you >here<
  Delnynalvor Friday, February 11, 2005 at 08:05

Nowayman: Somebody told you already, and I'll say it again: posting in capital letters is seen as yelling on the plaza, so we politely ask you not to do so. We, Dwarves of Khazad-dûm, have loads of interesting activities, so feel free to join any of them. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop by here... And most important of all: have fun!

Lerin: Congratuations 

Balin the Brave Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 04:31
  Craftsman     Points: 605     Posts: 55     Days: 95    View Balin the Brave's profileProfile Quote Balin the Brave's postQuote
Hello everyone,
I am new here so I'll introduce myself, I am Balin the Brave. And I wanted to be a dwarf because of their craftsmanship. And because I think Khazad-Dûm is very cozy. And do we also speak the Secret Tongue of the Dwarves?
By the way, I am Dutch so I might make mistakes with the English language.
  TMM Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 04:47
  Counsellor of Khazad-dûm     Points: 2766     Posts: 3234     Days: 576    View TMM's profileProfile Quote TMM's postQuote
Welcome to the plaza, Balin the Brave! Nice kingdom choice  We've got some other Dutch-speaking dwarves around here too, so I'm sure they'll be able to help you if you have any problems with the language or such. Well,...err...I'm pretty sure we don't speak the dwarven secret language...I remember reading somewhere that it was lost to our knowledge or something such...But don't necessarily hold me to that...It's nice to meet you!
  TrumpkinMahalul Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 04:48
  Craftsman     Points: 432     Posts: 47     Days: 95    View TrumpkinMahalul's profileProfile Visit TrumpkinMahalul's homepageHomepage Quote TrumpkinMahalul's postQuote

For the record, Trumpkin Mahalul has taken up an apprenticeship in Khazad-Dum.

TMM Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 05:10
  Counsellor of Khazad-dûm     Points: 2766     Posts: 3234     Days: 576    View TMM's profileProfile Quote TMM's postQuote
Welcome to KD TrumpkinMahalul! iIf you've any questions, please just ask!
  Royal Armenos Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 13:42
Welcome to Khazad-Dum Trumpkin Mahalul and Balin the Brave.  I'm not here to do any recruiting *cough join the kagams*.
  Malantur Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 16:19
  Journeyman     Points: 285     Posts: 7     Days: 96    View Malantur's profileProfile Quote Malantur's postQuote
Hello all, after spending quite some time wandering where I would settle, I finally decided to become a dwarf. I really hope I made the right choice, and if it's not a problem I already have a question, which clan would be the best for a beginner like myself ?
  Athaira Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 16:29
Welcome to the fair halls of Khazad-dum, Malantur! Any clan would be a good choice, they all will greet you with open arms. It all depends on you, what you like to do or are interested is a huge determining factor. I would advise you to look through the clan threads(the links are dropdown menu at the top of the main page) and see which one you are most draw to. However, you can only join one, so pick carefully! If you have any further questions, please ask!
  Dis Saturday, February 12, 2005 at 22:13
  Mahal     Points: 11054     Posts: 7612     Days: 652    Dis is a Support MemberSupport   View Dis's profileProfile Visit Dis's homepageHomepage Quote Dis's postQuote

Welcome to KD Balin the Brave. We do have a dictionary of some Khuzdul words developed by members of this kingdom. You can find the links to it on Khazad-Dum's kingdom pages >here< (clickable link) Your English looks fine to me. We have a humber of members who do not have English as their first language and they get along quite well and are valuable members.

Welcome TrumpkinMahalul! Impressive post in the Kagams! You'll fit right in!

Welcome Malantur! You look like you found your clan. The Burx are a fun clan!

I'm happy to see some shiny new faces!

~gimli~ Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 00:44
  Craftsman     Points: 463     Posts: 334     Days: 245    View ~gimli~'s profileProfile Quote ~gimli~'s postQuote

just wanted to let everyone here know that GIMLI IS HERE!!!!!!

bye

Certain death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for! - Gimli rotk
  Balin the Brave Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 06:10
  Craftsman     Points: 605     Posts: 55     Days: 95    View Balin the Brave's profileProfile Quote Balin the Brave's postQuote
1: Thanks for such a warm welcome.

2: yesterday (2/12/2005 7:14:44 AM) I got my salary, but when I tried today (2/13/2005 6:02:06 AM) it didn't work. It is a daily salary, isn't it? Or is the server still updating at 6:02 AM.
  Melia Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 08:08

Gimli - Welcome!! I hope you have a long and plesant life in Khazad-Dum... make sure to choose your clan carefully!

Balin - First off, Varkin!! Secondly, The salary is a tricksy beastie... it only lets you get your salary once every 24 hours. So you would have to wait until 7:14:44 am today before getting it... see? It confuses me tooo.  

Delnynalvor Monday, February 14, 2005 at 00:01

Balin the Brave: Welcome amongst the Dwarves. I’m Dutch as well, and really, it’s no problem if you want to join RPG’s, Games or other activities. No one ever complained about my spelling-skills ( accept myself *g* )! Good luck... Oh, and if you’d like, in the OoME ( Out of Middle-Earth ) Forum, there is a certain thread called "NDS". Go there if you want to find other Dutch or Belgian people! And I nice thing to know might be that the founder of the Plaza was also Dutch!  And one more thing, as I see you around interested in Khuzdul The word "Varkin" means welcome, and is rather often used around here!

Trumpkin: Welcome to the plaza. I hope you have a great time amongst the Kagams, and may Mahal be with you.

Malantur: Welcome to our Halls. I truly hope you made the good choice, and have loads and loads of fun here. I hope to see you around.

Gimli: I’m glad to see a new face around here! I hope to see youn around in Khazad-dûm, mate!

Antoniel Monday, February 14, 2005 at 13:25
  Craftsman     Points: 595     Posts: 1583     Days: 942    View Antoniel's profileProfile Quote Antoniel's postQuote
would you, please, forgive me my Nostalgy.. just could't stand comming in and saying Hello to ...well, to all of you :]
the place looks different. the 23d version. man!!! time flies.

Half-Elven
Daughter of Morra
PROUD mother of Loin, Quyi, Nienna, Legolas AND Vinyatur!
AirShaman of MA
Master of the Order Magic
Oga's Wife
Antoniel Stealtharm
  Winddancer Monday, February 14, 2005 at 13:27
  Nazgûl     Points: 11845     Posts: 37745     Days: 942    View Winddancer's profileProfile Quote Winddancer's postQuote
Sorry for posting in here, but OMG Antoniel! Good to see you again!
  Antoniel Monday, February 14, 2005 at 13:45
  Craftsman     Points: 595     Posts: 1583     Days: 942    View Antoniel's profileProfile Quote Antoniel's postQuote
Windy!!... jesus christ... indeed, great to see you too.. missed a lot!))) and finaly came back to see what's up.
no more chat, sorry
  Athaira Monday, February 14, 2005 at 14:17
Welcome back Antoniel! I don't think we've met but I remember seeing you around,

Ok folks, the thread is well past 100 posts.
Thread Closed
New thread here

This thread has been closed by an R/A.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login

If you are not already registered you must first Register to use the forum