Aspen was indeed fortunate to have attracted the likes of Walter and Elizabeth Paepcke who saw the potential of an idealized model of civilization:
a place where physical activity, art, music, and the humanities would together enrich the spirit and elevate society . This culminated in the Aspen Idea -
the complete person living in a community that nourished the mind, body, and spirit of its citizens.
Our community values include:
- Maintain a critical mass of local residents who call this place home.
Check out the City of Aspen's NEW Environmental Programs
- Nurture social and economic diversity by retaining a healthy balance among Aspenites, part-time homeowners, working families, and visitors.
- Protect our environment and act as stewards of the land for future generations
- Retain and enhance the quality of life of this special and unique mountain valley.
- 57% of Aspen Electricity is from Revewable Sources!
- Aspen Received "Best Workplace for Commuters" designation by the EPA.
Need some apparel with a City of Aspen logo?
Click on the photo and check out our new The City of Aspen Store ®
(Catalogue and order form currently only in PDF format
- 735 Kb)
Using This Site
Copyright © 2002 City of Aspen / Pitkin County. All rights reserved.