Tippecanoe County Office
20 North 3rd Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Welcome to the Tippecanoe County Surveyor's Office. Your county surveyor is a constitutional officer of the county and is elected to a 4-year term from the county at large. Please take a look around and enjoy your visit. Let us know if we can answer any questions.
The Surveyor's Office oversees all section corners throughout the county; supervises construction, reconstruction and maintenance of county drains and ditches; reviews and inspects all new residential, commercial and industrial developments for compliance with the County Stormwater Ordinance.
Responsibilities to the Public
The obligation of the Surveyor's Office to the people of this county is addressed in Indiana Code, Title 36, Article 2, Chapter 12, Sections 1-15. The following is an outline of the responsibilities centered around and within our office.
Phase II Stormwater Program
Manage and Coordinate Clean Water Act required the US EPA to establish the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System ("NPDES") permitting program.
- Federial Stormwater Program
- Find out what's in our stormwater runoff!!
- Send us your comments
Rule 13 requires Tippecanoe County to develop and implement a comprehensive Stormwater Quality Management Plan (SWQMP) including the enforcement of requirements for storm water discharges from construction activities under Rule 5.
Erosion & Sediment Control for Individual Building Sites
- Perpetuates and maintains section corners as required by State Law.
- Maintains Bench Mark data files
- GIS Policy Committee, President
- Mapping of County Regulated drains, watersheds and GPS locations of the county tile network.
- Digital map of the Section Corner monuments and reference sheets (dossier).
- Member of the County Subdivision Review Committee, the County Zoning Ordinance Review Committee
- Reviews all "Plats of Subdivision" of county land in accordance with the County Drainage Ordinance
- Manages three budgets (Surveyor's, Drainage Board and Section Corner Perpetuation Fund) in addition to several other miscellaneous funds.
- Continually called on by the public concerning: Land surveying in general; Drainage in general; Property-deed description interpretation, survey requirements.
Clarks Hill Slide Show