Return to the Employment Opportunity Index
Game Balance Designer
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic game designer to join our award winning studio. This position will focus on play balance, systems balance and multiplayer gaming. The ideal candidate will be an experienced real-time strategy enthusiast with an excellent analytical understanding of competitive online play. Blizzard offers a fun, creative and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience playing real-time strategy games competitively
- Can organize and clearly present complex data
- Works well under deadlines
- Has a demonstrable understanding of competitive strategy gaming
- Excellent math skills
No follow-up calls or e-mails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, CA; internships and part-time positions are not available at this time.
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, salary history/requirements in separate Word format documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and this job in the subject heading.
- Game design experience on a shipped product with head-to-head game-play
- Experience in designing and playing Real-Time-Strategy games
- Has played Blizzard strategy games extensively
- Played Warcraft 3 and/or StarCraft competitively
In your cover letter please answer the following questions:
What games are you currently playing?
Which competitive online games have you played?
What is your win/loss record in your "Top 3" favorite competitive games?
If you do not include the answers to the questions above in your cover letter, your application will not be considered!
Basic Tips for Resume Submission
©2006 Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved.