| 2006-10-14 : GDO Braintest - new release !||by Marko|
|A new release of the GDO Brain Training program has been uploaded this afternoon to replace the previous version. Heres a short list of changes and add-ons :|
- Fixed the calculator input bug. This made keyboard input for games using the calculator very tricky (values were sometimes entered several times, leading to errors)
- Fixed the mouse infinite click bug on the calculator. When people clicked and moved the mouse simultaneously, it was a total disaster and entered the values until the calculator input field reached saturation
- Added new levels on the BT Cubes game. This game stopped after level 17. I didn think anyone would get that far... but some did ! So now we have 4 new levels on that game...
Two new games have also been added to the Brain Test program
- BT House : in this game, you will see a house with a certain number of individuals inside it. It will then be sealed off and you will gradually see people entering and exiting the house. The aim of the game, is once people have stopped moving in / out, to find how many are left inside the house
- BT Reflex : this extremely simple game aims at testing reflex time. You have a still image with "Ready" written in the background. After a random amout of seconds, an akward smiley will be displayed. You will then have to click as quickly as you can. After 10 tries, your average response time is computed and that is the value which will be stored in the GDO database.
We are currently looking for a few more game ideas to enlarge the brain training program. Any ideas / suggestions are therefore more than welcome
| 2006-10-06 : GDO Braintest - Test your brain capacity !||by Marko|
|The very first release of Game Designs Braintest game is finally released. This set of small games will let you go through different tests that reveal your brain capacity (shape recognition, raw math calculations, memory benchmarking, 3D shape analysis...). The games have not reached a final version yet in the way that their "playability" can still be improved. There are a couple of glitches that will shortly be fixed in the next release. |
Registered GDO members will be able to store all their stats on this web site and have graphs that display their brain capacity layout, as illustrated on the figure below:
All GDO Games come with a config file that will let you specify your GDO Account details. You can then use an automatic stats update feature, which will automatically update the GDO database every time you play (note that proxy support is not handled in the current version).
You can also submit your stats manually by copy pasting the contents of a generated stats file in the GDO Games stats submission menu.
Finally, for those who aren really keen on that type of game, you can always compete on the GDO Tetris game :
Find more details about these games in the GDO Games section of this web site. Enjoy !
| 2006-08-01 : SDL Advanced Engine bug fixes||by Marko|
|A major memory leak has been reported by Deps. Indeed, the renderText() function of the Graphics class in the SDL Advanced Engine allocated a new SDL_Surface each time text was drawn on screen and never freed that memory. The fixed version now releases the SDL_Surface as soon as it has been blitted to the screen. |
Also, the Graphics class instance wasn always released correctly. Indeed, the destructor sometimes called delete on non allocated pointers, leading to a small crash. This was hardly noticeable since it occured when the game shutdown but still needed to be fixed
Thanks for the bug reporting and help Deps !