White Springs WHITE SPRINGS HISTORIC DISTRICT
Roughly bounded by River, First, Suwannee, and Hewitt Streets, FL 25A, US 81 and Suwannee R. Period of significance, 1840-1957. Primary architectural styles are frame vernacular, Queen Anne, Classical Revival, Craftsman/Bungalow, and Mediterranean Revival. The district contains 85 contributing resources and 34 noncontributing buildings. The district served as one of the earliest settlement and trade centers of Hamilton County, dating from the 1820s, and later as an early twentieth century health spa and tourism center. Private, Public-local, Public-State. NR 1997.