This division (the Nunavut Bureau of Statistics) is located in Pangnirtung. Its principal responsibilities include:
- Being a reliable, trustworthy and credible provider of information;
- Making readily available timely demographic, economic and social statistical information;
- Assisting the Government of Nunavut, other levels of government, the private sector, the media and the general population in locating, understanding and using statistical information;
- Publishing reports on Nunavut-specific information in areas of public interest such as the economy, health and population; and
- Maintaining an up-to-date website as a Statistics Canada focal point providing access to national, provincial and territorial statistical information.