DOA
The DoghouseThe Sonic WorkshopArticles, News, Reviews, InterviewsGalleryAudio SectionRadio ListingsBuy from our storeMP3 DownloadsUserCP Search
NEW! DOA MP3 :: To celebrate the launch of DOA's exclusive new MP3 service, we are givng away an EXCLUSIVE free download from PENDULUM'S NEW 'Hold Your Colour' LP! Click here to find out more!
Dogs On Acid  : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 Dogs On Acid > Comments > CYANTIFIC - SEX EDUCATION

CYANTIFIC - SEX EDUCATION

The saying goes that two heads are better than one, and that saying is more than evident in today’s Drum and Bass community than ever before. High School friends turned DNB duo Cyantific are one of the many teams coming out on top as of late, using their diverse backgrounds and personal tastes to rock dance floors around the world.

As teenagers in South-West London, Matt was busy playing in a metal band at school while Jon was listening to pirate radio stations and hip-hop. After Jon played some of the music he had been working on at home, they began collaborating together on tunes. They assert that they’re differing backgrounds are part of what allows them to successfully work together, “Matt is not fanatical about DNB, and is quite removed from the scene, which I think definitely helps give a different angle to our stuff.” They explain. “Working together with someone else has the obvious benefit of having a second opinion. You have to trust that sometimes they're right,
And sometimes you're wrong. We haven’t had a punch up...Yet!”

Since 2002, thanks to a referral by none other then High Contrast, Cyantific have been representing Hospital Records and continually working on what any worthwhile musician strives for: A sound to call their own. “The only way to have longevity as a producer or to even get noticed in the first place is by doing something new and original. It takes a long time to find your sound as a producer, we’re not even sure we have one yet!”

Their debut album “Ghetto Blaster” was one more step towards reaching their goal, and featured Matrix and Logistics, respectively. The guys have even remixed for famed electronic music trio Aquasky and have taken away affirmative experiences from their various collaborations. “We would struggle to find negatives about anyone we've worked with. It's always been a good learning experience seeing how other people work, because it's never going to be the same as the way you do things.” They add, “We're definitely going to work with Matrix and Logistics again, since the outcome worked well. Plus Matrix has some great tips on property development… Logistics knows about hair and grooming.”

Despite their future plans as a team, both Matt and Jon continue to pursue their own musical endeavours on the side drawing from various influences. Jon explains that his solo DNB is a tad more stripped down and harder edged then the usual Cyantific sound. “One of the tracks on the mix 'Disconnected' illustrates that; Andy C was well into it too which is always a winner.” Jon also speaks of the possibility of collaborating with Logistics on some House tunes, while Matt is keeping busy with his solo projects making Techno and Electro.

The Cyantific mix accompanying this article is a follow up to “Journeys Through Inner Space”, a previous mix done for DOA about 18 months ago. “I felt like it was time to make another mix to illustrate where I'm at as a DJ. This is exactly what I'd play in a set live, bar the fact there's no MC's or rewinds” Jon goes on to explain that for him, it’s important to take his DJing as serious he does his production. “I find them equally rewarding and challenging; a good DJ is a musician in my book. I probably spend a similar amount of time on each in a week. I like to stay on top of it so I'm getting the most out of the records I've got.” It’s Jon’s dedication to DJing which has earned him a nomination as best breakthrough DJ for the first ever Xtra Bass awards this year. ”I like all sorts of stuff; if it works for me, it works. There's too much pigeon-holing, 'I can't play that because it's that name that someone made up'. Bollocks.”

Regardless of votes or contests, it’s clear that this team is in this for their own passion, and definitely for the long run. In the meantime, Matt and Jon continue to consistently draw influence from their differing backgrounds; experimenting to find the Cyantific sound they call their own!

Words by: Cara Giulioni

Download the mix here!

Author
Thread    Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 » Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dog On Acid
THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED... WITNESS IT

You may add comments about this article here.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dog On Acid is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 07:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dog On Acid Visit Dog On Acid's homepage! Find more posts by Dog On Acid Add Dog On Acid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave

first !

Origin FM - Tuesdays - 20:00-22:00 (New Time)
CC Radio.Net - Wednesday - 20:00-22:00
http://www.myspace.com/djhayzemusic
http://hayze.podomatic.com
www.intenserecords.co.uk

dave is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dave Click here to Send dave a Private Message Find more posts by dave Add dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mik
Electrobel.be

Yea!!!!!!!!! I hope its as good as the previous one

mik is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 08:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mik Click here to Send mik a Private Message Find more posts by mik Add mik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
altan8
>> SPITFIRE <<

tracklist

Originally posted by FuzzBreaker
There's nothing better than pulling your cock out and a mixture of blood and spunk oozes out: "blunk"

altan8 is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for altan8 Click here to Send altan8 a Private Message Find more posts by altan8 Add altan8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sTryke
Dirty South Crew!

On it!

sTryke is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 08:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sTryke Click here to Send sTryke a Private Message Visit sTryke's homepage! Find more posts by sTryke Add sTryke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snitchbrothers
stp dnb city

tracklist?

snitchbrothers @ myspace

snitch @ myspace

Klub Vorsicht @ Myspace

Klub Vorsicht

Urban Art Forms

snitchbrothers is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 08:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snitchbrothers Click here to Send snitchbrothers a Private Message Visit snitchbrothers's homepage! Find more posts by snitchbrothers Add snitchbrothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickoli

Boh... the last one rawked...

Can'r wait to get my lug holes around this one!

Nice one Jon!

nickoli is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 09:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nickoli Click here to Send nickoli a Private Message Find more posts by nickoli Add nickoli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJ Dayni
last edit.

LIQUID NIGHTS MIX (FEB 2007)

DJ Dayni is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 09:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Dayni Click here to Send DJ Dayni a Private Message Visit DJ Dayni's homepage! Find more posts by DJ Dayni Add DJ Dayni to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Attreyu
from Deva

TRACKLIST ?

Attreyu is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 09:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Attreyu Click here to Send Attreyu a Private Message Visit Attreyu's homepage! Find more posts by Attreyu Add Attreyu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djhornet
black is the new black

quote:
Since 2002, thanks to a referral by none other then High Contrast, Cyantific have been representing Hospital Records and continually working on what any worthwhile musician strives for: A sound to call they’re own. “The only way to have longevity as a producer or to even get noticed in the first place is by doing something new and original. It takes a long time to find your sound as a producer, we’re not even sure we have one yet!”

Their not they're.

But wicked, downloading

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DJCBX
Im not sure what misogyny means but im going to assume its like mahogony
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

djhornet is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 09:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for djhornet Click here to Send djhornet a Private Message Visit djhornet's homepage! Find more posts by djhornet Add djhornet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sidius

I refuse to download this until i see a tracklist.

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks etc.

www.myspace.com/sidiusdrumnbass

Sidius is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 09:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sidius Click here to Send Sidius a Private Message Find more posts by Sidius Add Sidius to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanguis Mortuum
From The Heart

Ooo, this mix is a bit good innit

Whats the tune with the "Life Is Beautiful" sample in? Ive heard it before somewhere but cant think what it is...tune anyway

quote:
Originally posted by cool mr croc
fake cum is the new meaty snare.
quote:
Originally posted by Omicron
I bet none of you lot buy a hoover and invert the dust mites see how much is left over.
quote:
Originally posted by Fanu
having lust-filled wanks are essential for good mixdowns.

Sanguis Mortuum is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanguis Mortuum Click here to Send Sanguis Mortuum a Private Message Find more posts by Sanguis Mortuum Add Sanguis Mortuum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PhilBlunt

The 'life is beautiful' tune is Billion Dollar Gravy I think. ;)

Anyone willing to write up a tracklist at all?

Big ups to Cyantific, Inner Space is one of my most listened too mixes ever man. Keep up the good work.

PhilBlunt is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PhilBlunt Click here to Send PhilBlunt a Private Message Find more posts by PhilBlunt Add PhilBlunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeryl
"..." ™ ©2005

quote:
Originally posted by djhornet
Their not they're.

so much for my proofreading and editing skills

Intrinsic Recordings - buy now from:

Chemical
Redeye
Intense
Juno

quote:
"Intrinsic Recordings is the best ever" - Jeryl's mum
"I wanted to leave Hospital and go to work at Intrinsic but jerly wouldn't have me" - Tomahawk
"Intrinsic saved my life" - June Sarpong

Intrinsic Recordings is distributed Worldwide by Nu Urban Music LTD, bunch of panty sniffers they are too!

quote:
[11:12] TomahawkHospital: oh you folder hating chump

jeryl is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeryl Click here to Send jeryl a Private Message Visit jeryl's homepage! Find more posts by jeryl Add jeryl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeryl
"..." ™ ©2005

quote:
Originally posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Whats the tune with the "Life Is Beautiful" sample in? Ive heard it before somewhere but cant think what it is...tune anyway

London Elektricity - The Great Drum & Bass Swindle (Logistics Rmx) I believe :)

Intrinsic Recordings - buy now from:

Chemical
Redeye
Intense
Juno

quote:
"Intrinsic Recordings is the best ever" - Jeryl's mum
"I wanted to leave Hospital and go to work at Intrinsic but jerly wouldn't have me" - Tomahawk
"Intrinsic saved my life" - June Sarpong

Intrinsic Recordings is distributed Worldwide by Nu Urban Music LTD, bunch of panty sniffers they are too!

quote:
[11:12] TomahawkHospital: oh you folder hating chump

jeryl is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 10:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeryl Click here to Send jeryl a Private Message Visit jeryl's homepage! Find more posts by jeryl Add jeryl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mariusgm
Mindflow

”I like all sorts of stuff; if it works for me, it works. There's too much pigeon-holing, 'I can't play that because it's that name that someone made up'. Bollocks.”

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mariusgm is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mariusgm Click here to Send mariusgm a Private Message Find more posts by mariusgm Add mariusgm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cannibalsandclowns
Bastard Son of Bawdsey

Listened to the last cyantific doa mix for the first time in months yesterday, still tears it

Cannibalsandclowns is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 10:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cannibalsandclowns Click here to Send Cannibalsandclowns a Private Message Find more posts by Cannibalsandclowns Add Cannibalsandclowns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ozenfant baxtrose
C"Dilla

on it!

-> first drum'n'bass magazine in german!
-> erstes deutschsprachiges drum'n'bass magazin!

www.resident.at // myspace/resident_magazine
ISSUE#6 OUT NOW!!!

myspace?

--> www.play.fm <--
"teh greatest radio on teh internetz"
drumandbass.at // zive.at

ozenfant baxtrose is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 11:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ozenfant baxtrose Click here to Send ozenfant baxtrose a Private Message Visit ozenfant baxtrose's homepage! Find more posts by ozenfant baxtrose Add ozenfant baxtrose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TESCO VALUE
THEY TAKE MY POSTS

MSN: burns179@hotmail.co.uk
AIM: bentescovalue

Last edited by TESCO VALUE on 02-22-2007 at 11:45 AM

TESCO VALUE is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 11:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TESCO VALUE Click here to Send TESCO VALUE a Private Message Visit TESCO VALUE's homepage! Find more posts by TESCO VALUE Add TESCO VALUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
$luysen.

This user registered less than 1 week ago.

damn nice mix!

$luysen. is offline Old Post 02-22-2007 11:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for $luysen. Click here to Send $luysen. a Private Message Find more posts by $luysen. Add $luysen. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote