Swiftfox Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
configure error: -march=athlon64
Post configure error: -march=athlon64 
Hey Jason, thanks for Swiftfox. Running a linux terminal server so getting this sort of thing to work could help a very large community (K12LTSP). Considering the number of instances on one machine, some optimization could go a long way. I've run into the libpangocairo problem. Were on centos 4.3 and the version of Pango that has libpangocairo is for FC5. Can't use that with our version of glibc. SOOOOO.. though I'd take a differnt approach. Get the firefox source for the version we're using and put your configure options in to a .mozconfig file and roll our own. But, getting this:

configure: error: -march=athlon64: invalid option; use --help to show usage

Is that a special option of yours? We're on dual opteron BTW. Not sure if it could go further.

Thanks,
Peter

How are you specifying -march=athlon64 in the mozconfig? An example of how it should be used is below. It is just a gcc flag is all, no special option of mine.

Code:
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O3 -march=athlon64"

If you need help building the mozconfig you might take a look at http://webtools.mozilla.org/build/config.cgi. That will build a mozconfig for you based on the options you choose.

Something else I just thought of is depending on which version of gcc you are using -march=athlon64 may not be valid. It should work with any recent gcc but may not if you have a really old version. If you want to be sure I would check gcc's man pages on your build machine.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thanks! Hehe..I see the error of my ways. I was doing this :

ac_add_options -march=opteron

Instead of this which works:

ac_add_options '--enable-optimize=-O3 -march=opteron -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions -msse3 -mmmx -m3dnow -mfpmath=sse -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'

Now I just have some make problems:

../../dist/lib/components/libtoolkitcomps.a(nsTypeAheadFind.o)(.text+0x1cf0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `nsTypeAheadFind::GetSearchContainers(nsISupports*, int, int, int, nsIPresShell**, nsIPresContext**)' changed from 1445 in ../../dist/lib/components/libtoolkitcomps.a(nsTypeAheadFind.o) to 1302 in ../../dist/lib/components/libtypeaheadfind.a(nsTypeAheadFind.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can I compile without gtk? I wonder.

Any ideas on that error? not turning up much.

# ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.6/source/
. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=mozilla/obj-i686-pc-linux-gnu

# Options for 'configure' (same as command-line options).
ac_add_options --with-pthreads
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
ac_add_options --enable-ui-locale=en-US
ac_add_options --with-distribution-id=Firefox-Optimized!
ac_add_options --disable-freetype2
#ac_add_options --enable-single-profile
ac_add_options --enable-extensions=default
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options '--enable-optimize=-O2 -march=opteron -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions -msse2 -mmmx -m3dnow -mfpmath=sse -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
# -Wl -Bsymbolic ( these two I got from an AMD manual searching for gcc, will try when I can make)
ac_add_options --disable-shared
ac_add_options --enable-static
ac_add_options --disable-profilesharing
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-xft
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --disable-svg
ac_add_options --enable-canvas

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1