© Matthias Mattsson
Reactions and interviews with the artists
The Ark - winners of Melodifestivalen 2007
The Ark were the clear winners of Melodifestivalen earlier todnight with a total of 248 points, which is even more points than Carola did last year when she won with Evighet.
- The Swedes really have good taste, the singer in the band, Ola Salo, told esctoday.com directly after the show. Now we’re going to prove that our sound is the sound for all of Europe, Ola said.
Andreas Johnson finished in second place with his song A Little Bit of Love. He said that he probably won’t participate in the contest for a couple of years now.
- If it's going to be a next time, it´s going to be third time lucky for me, Andreas told esctoday.com in the rather chaotic press conference in the greenroom.
Måns Zelmerlöw was considered one of the hot favourites before the contest with Cara Mia. After the local juries had cast their votes he was only in fourth place. However, the Swedish people wanted a different result and gave Måns and Cara Mia the second highest score of the evening, which brought him up to third place.
- I am nothing else than thrilled about the third place, but I can’t remember anything from my performance. I went totally blank when I entered the stage, Måns told esctoday.com.
Sarah Dawn Finer wasn’t able to perform her song during the rehearsals earlier today because of a bad throat. This evening she put on a fantastic performance and there were hardly any signs at all from her cold.
- Nothing can beat the feeling I have right now! I love my song and just feel that I want to carry on with my music career, she said with a big smile on her face.
Marie Lindberg only received four points from the jury, but received the fourth highest score from the televoters. Marie, who was totally unknown before her participation in Melodifestivalen was overwhelmed with the score and wanted to thank everybody that voted for her.
- I feel that I have won many peoples’ hearts. The atmosphere in the Globe arena was magical, Marie said.
Sonja Aldén and Sanna Nielsen, the artists from the Second Chance round, finished in sixth and seventh place. Sonja told esctoday.com that she felt fantastic about the result and that she had no expectations at all before the show.
- I have never felt this happy! I can’t believe how calm I felt on stage! Sonja said.
- This is as big as it gets as an artist in Sweden! I love all of this. Right now I just feel like celebrating, a satisfied Sanna told esctoday.com.
The entries that didn’t receive any of the points from the televoters were Sebastian, Anna Book and Tommy Nilsson. Sebastian was in sixth position after the votes from the local juries, but didn’t receive enough votes from the televoters to keep his position.
- My performance was nothing else than great and I can’t see that I could have delivered more on stage, he said.
Anna Book looked like she had won the contest when she met the journalists in the green room after the show.
- I’m blessed! I am so proud of what I have achieved here in Stockholm tonight. Of course I’d like to have gone to Helsinki for Sweden, but I am satisfied with my performance and the result.
Former Melodifestivalen winner Tommy Nilsson didn’t receive any points at all and finished in the last place.
- I will celebrate anyway! It’s my 47th birthday on Sunday so I have something to celebrate anyway! he said.
The winners, The Ark, will represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest final in Helsinki on May 12th with the song The Worrying Kind.
Esctoday.com have exclusive video interviews with the winners The Ark, Måns Zelmerlöw, Sanna Nielsen, Sonja Aldén and Anna Book. Click on the icons below!
The full result of the Melodifestivalen final 2007:
1. The Ark The Worrying Kind, 248 (116 + 132) points
2. Andreas Johnson A Little Bit of Love, 189 (101 + 88) points
3. Måns Zelmerlöw Cara mia, 171 (61 + 110) points
4. Sarah Dawn Finer I Remember Love, 128 (78 + 44) points
5. Marie Lindberg Trying to Recall, 70 (4 + 66) points
6. Sonja Aldén För att du finns, 62 (40 + 22) points
7. Sanna Nielsen Vågar du, vågar jag, 44 (33 + 11) points
8. Sebastian When the Night Comes Falling, 39 (39 + 0) points
9. Anna Book Samba Sambero, 1 (1 + 0) point
10. Tommy Nilsson Jag tror på människan, 0 (0 + 0) points
When reacting to a news item, please stick to the topic. Inappropriate messages (swearing, racism, hate, etc.), messages in other languages than English and spam (which includes URL advertising) will be deleted and you risk your account being removed. Reacting on newsitems is only possible when logged in as a member. Still don't have member account?
It's not the same sound with "Invincable", but I've listened about a million songs with this rythm, and Sweden force it again and again on Eurovision. It's just boring!
The right song won and beleive me this song is more catchy then you think!
My Top 10
2.Turkey-Shake it up Better
3.cyprus-comme ci comme ca Better
4.Georgia-my story Better
5.Switzerland-Vampires are alive Better
6.Belarus-Work your magich good
7.Greek-Yassou maria good
8.Poland- Time to party good
9.Sweden- The worrying kind not bad
10.Israel-Push The Button not bad
And My Last 3
1.Romania-Luibi, liubi, I love you bad
2.Albania-Balada e gurit bad
3.Ireland-They can't stop the spring very bad
I think The Ark is wonderful, and I love their song. I hope they will do well in Helsinki.
but norway can send one of the classis swedish schlager, and suddenly it is a hit!?
it is fascinating indeed!
Fascinating isn't it, how the Ark can be both Lordi and ABBA ripoffs at the same time...
you portugese people are just too much!!!
And How can someone compare the ark with lordi!!! The ark is glam!! Not monster rock. Lordi sucks, the ark rules.
And i'm just quoting Ola Salo "How Hard Can It Be!"
Sanda Alhander, what you called to portuguese people i have to call you the same, Sweden on TOP5???? hahahahahahahahahaha what a joke!!!!!!!!
sweden: The Ark - what is that? what a disapoiting; i hope ukraine will finish in the last followed by sweden...
It doesn't matter what kind of song Sweden sends, people will still accuse it of being an ABBA ripoff. The Worrying Kind is not the most original song in history. But it makes me think of T-Rex, Mud, Sweet etc. It's totally glam!! I can't find a trace of ABBA in it. Please tell me in what way it reminds you of "It Hurts" or "Invincible".
Hmmm...The Ark and Drama Queen competing for the 12 points from Iceland this year..
Good job, Sweden
Sweden - 1 vote
Denmark - 1 vote
Anyone saying that the Serbia cry-baby-cry song is better than our Ark, must be out of their mind.
Same goes for the Finnish entries, they just happend to get lucky last year AND there was suspicions that the Finns voted via Skype for their own country, which I believe. Therefore zero points to Finland from us thisyear.
I mean, just listen and watch the energy in our show and compare it to other countries and there is a huge difference. Our song is not chosen by some jury, it is voted by hundreds of thousands people, which also predicts a winner song. We are the Winning Kind,,,, yes we are!
heja Sverige, igennnnnnn!!!
Swedish are so boring! The same song every year. They're stuck at the Abba age.
I hope this song will finish last!
Do we think we are the best? It was you who said it, not the swedes.
You are pathetic, get a life!!!
It´s you that suffering from INFERIORITY COMPLEX!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
this is my nr 1 at the worst sings list! well, but i believe that sweden is hoping to win, they think they ar best, such an arogance...
Thank you Daniel Barinaga,
Have watched a few of the videos on the site and it confirms what a great band The Ark is.
Because Lordi won last year this year is just rock songs and strange songs, countries seams like "ducks" "trying" to follow Finland. At least Portugal that have been so criticised don't have the same song of the main part of countries. DIVERSITY PLEASE!
And Sweden, you are one of my favourite participating countries, but The Ark is terrible!
Read and enjoy The Ark's discography in http://www.eurocronicas.blogspot.com
Thanks for visit my website.
Congratulations for the victory THE ARK.
And Ola Salo is a bigger Diva than Carola but he's more generous than her. He has the advertency and she want's it and sometimes she is pathtic. But still she's big (and a frak) And we love her.
people do always think that we (sweden) are gonna send carola every year, she won in 1991 ok. But it's 2007. Carola is older, she has a great voice still, but all her songs is crap. She sais that she thinks that she will participate in 2008 but I don't think that we'll send her again.
Sweden wanna win and we'll try different thing to get there. Outside this shlager world, the ark is one of sweden's biggest artists and they have a fan base in europe that are bigger than any of the other mf artists even could dream of having. I don't know if they're gonna win but maybe they do so then all of you people who says that the ark is crap have to eat your words.
I guess that you thought that Ola Salo is finnish cause of his last name, but Ola's swedish. His real name is Ola Svensson, but when he was a teenager he started to call himself salo. Ola Salo is a palindrom. So his not finnish.
haha atleast the ark do their own music and lyrics........ and dont let someone else do all the work for them............they are totally selfmade..
The Ark is NOT horrible and OLA is the most Norwegian boys name there is. Lykke til Ola og Sverige.
hhah the ark will win eurovision... typical of people here first complaining over that sweden only sends schlager and when we send something else all coplains..hahhaa
oh sweden what have u done, the ark is horrible
1. Serbia (VERY impressive!)
2. Malta (love the ethnical rhythms and music)
3. Belarus (very catchy)
4. Denmark (happy song – just want to dance!)
5. Moldova (best song ever from Moldova, a little like Evanescence which is a plus!)
6. Cyprus (very good, but what a shame it’s in French ļ)
7. FYR Macedonia (Just great!)
8. Georgia (so cool!!)
9. Norway (lovely song. very catchy refrain!!)
10. The Netherlands (I think it’s the best song which represents The Netherlands since Linda in 2000)
11. Estonia (good song)
12. Poland (I like the refrain very much but it sounds like there are two or three songs in this one!)
13. Slovenia (not great, but not bad as well)
14. Latvia (simply don’t why, but there’s just something okay about it)
15. Switzerland (hmm.. catchy, but it's just not for me)
16. Montenegro (okay, but unfortunately you’ll forget it when you see the show.)
17. Bulgaria (The high tone she makes annoys me but the rest is okay!)
18. Austria (it’s okay)
19. Andorra (A little disappointed with them singing English, and I think the former entries from Andorra have been much better than this one)
20. Portugal (Norway and P. are very alike this year, but Norway’s song is much better)
21. Israel (Why Israel – Why? ļ - BUT it’s not the worst)
22. Iceland (Iceland, I know you can do better!)
23. Croatia (Whoops Croatia! Better “luck” next year)
24. Czech Repuplic (bad – better luck next year ļ)
25. Turkey (badā¦)
26. Albania (I think the title (=stone ballad) fits the song well!)
27. Belgium (just too strange - please make something like 'sanomi' next year )
1. Ireland (Great song! Love Irish folk music)
2. Serbia (VERY impressive!)
3. Malta (love the ethnical rhythms and music)
4. Belarus (very catchy)
5. Denmark (happy song – just want to dance!)
6. Moldova (best song ever from Moldova, a little like Evanescence which is a plus!)
7. Cyprus (very good, but what a shame it’s in Frenchļ)
8. FYR Macedonia (Just great!)
9. Bosnia & Herzegovina (Quite good)
10. Georgia (so cool!!)
11. Romania (very humorous)
12. Norway (lovely song. very catchy refrain!!)
13. Armenia (Great song from Armenia again! Love the ethnic rhythm)
14. The Netherlands (I think it’s the best song which represents The Netherlands since Linda in 2000)
15. Germany (happy song – please sing in German, Roger Cicero at the Eurovision!)
16. Finland (okay song, but too monotonous and too weak to win)
17. Spain (It’s not the song or band I wanted to win ‘Misión Eurovisión’, but it’s not bad at all)
18. Greece (the refrain is the only thing in this song which is worth talking about!)
19. Sweden (a very disappointing song from Sweden compared to what we are used to from them!)
20. Ukraine (another drag queen hehe - personally I think Denmark’s is better)
21. France (OMG! France, pull yourself together!)
22. Lithuania (a little boring – unfortunately!)