Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 08-09-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
MattBrady

IMMONENS' NEVER AS BAD AS YOU THINK TRADE DEBUTS @ TORONTO COMIC ARTS FESTIVAL

Press Release
Stuart and Kathryn Immonen, long time collaborators and malcontents, are pleased to announce the first printing of their year-long web project Never As Bad As You Think (978-0-9780216-1-0, Trade paperback, 64 color pp, 5½ x 4 ¼”, $5.95 US).

Based on the weekly word choice provided by the heavily trafficked web-based drawing project Illustration Friday and inspired by a range of fluid story-telling strategies from the Surrealists to Richard Linklater, NABAYT tracks the (mostly) failed relationships of paranoid urbanites, murderous wait staff, talking cats and dogs, dissatisfied ambulance drivers, mariachi bands, people who like cake and many who wield knives for a variety of purposes.

This full color printing contains all 52 strips as well as a new introduction written by Nickelodeon Magazine Senior Editor Chris Duffy. Never As Bad As You Think will be making its debut on August 18 at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival and will then be available exclusively through http://www.immonen.ca/store/.

Stuart Immonen, while well known for his diverse mainstream work on titles such as Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., Superman: Secret Identity and Ultimate Spider-Man, is equally recognized for his very popular not-so-chipper look at his profession in 50 Reasons to Stop Sketching at Conventions (2006). Kathryn and Stuart have worked together most recently with Editions René’s tribute to Albert Uderzo, Astérix et ses amis and Guernica Variaciones Gernika, last year’s publication for the ridiculously huge Spanish book festival, Semana Negra. Currently, they are putting the ‘cute’ back in ‘subcutaneous’ for the relaunch of the anthology title Marvel Comics Presents with a four part Patsy Walker: Hellcat story as well as continuing to update their new webcomic, Moving Pictures, each and every Friday at http://www.immonen.ca/comics/
Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
Nobody

Stuart Immonen is hands down my favorite artist working right now. I'll definitely purchase this.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
kalorama

I wasn't aware of this. I love Immonen's work. I'll definitely be checking this out.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
M. Costello

Hopefully a english language publisher will have the guts to pick up the book he did for Humanoids Publishing in France, Sebastian X.