In 1 January 2001, the Fullerton Building, built in 1928, began a new chapter in its illustrious history, with its restoration into Singapore's landmark hotel - The Fullerton Hotel Singapore. The historic significance and classic architecture make the building eminently suited for a grand hotel.
With its distinguished Doric columns, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore represents the height of Palladian architecture in Singapore. The two other buildings in the city that share the same architectural grandeur are the nearby City Hall and former Supreme Court.
In its heyday, this historic landmark enjoyed a strategic location at the mouth of the bustling Singapore River, making it the focal point of commercial activities.
The Fullerton Building housed a number of notable occupants, such as the General Post Office, The Exchange, the Chamber of Commerce and The Singapore Club, all of which played important economic roles in ensuring that Singapore remained the trading hub in South-east Asia at the time.
More recent occupants were the Singapore Post and the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.