Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board  

Go Back   Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board > Fires of Heaven Related Forums > MMORPG General Discussion
User Name
Password
ForumSpy Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #781 (permalink)
Ngruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jackson View Post
Hate to be a dick and bring this up, but do you anticipate your free agency having any effect for better or worse on the way things are going with GMG over the next year or so? Do you anticipate less time/more stress, or vice versa at all, or just business as usual? I assume as things carry on and you get more and more people on board, the burden on you personally will diminish at least a little during this time.

Also, have you had a bad game or a short slump, and have the ravenous sports media/bill simmons/whoever is on your back today say anything to you about "focusing more on baseball" or say anything about your hobbies getting in the way of baseball at all? Or do you think that could be an issue this season potentially? Being a big sports fan, I find it interesting because the gap between professional sports and mmo gaming seems like uncharted territory, and I wonder if people who are not savvy to the virtual worlds find it weird at all.

Sorry to rant so much, I just find myself curious because of my interests in both sports and gaming. Good luck this season on the field and with GMG.
Oh it's weird, for other people. The GMG name was, and I know this is going to be impossible to believe, not named after the left field wall at fenway. The name was made up by someone who knew next to nothing about baseball and isn't even from this country.

This company will do just fine with me tending to my 'day job'. Hiring Brett was the day when alot of VERY successful people in this industry made a point to tell me "You just launched a game".

I don't have to be in the building for this company to be great. I would love to think it's make or break without me, who wouldn't? But it isn't. I recognize my place here, leading this company, and we are coming to grips with the new setup of me being away.

I don't have to play in Boston in 2008 for things to continue going great here either. Where I play will have zero impact on the company or it's name.

Stay tuned for more on this in the coming weeks though
Ngruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #782 (permalink)
Dis

Send a message via MSN to Dis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngruk View Post
stuff
Clemens and Schilling = Astros World Series win

Good idea? yes I believe so.

Definitions of LOOSE on the Web:
not restrained or confined or attached; "a pocket full of loose bills"; "knocked the ball loose"; "got loose from his attacker"

Please people, stop adding letters to a 4 letter word, kittens die when you do this. Think of the kittens!!!
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #783 (permalink)
Duppin

Just stay away from the Mariners, our illustrious manager would most likely use you as a seventh inning mop up guy.
Duppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #784 (permalink)
Cadrid
Gramma' Queen

Send a message via AIM to Cadrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis View Post

As long as Curt doesn't go to the Yankees I'll buy his game.
Cadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #785 (permalink)
Tyen
Social Butterfly

Do you know if Green Monster Games will go the Community Ran forum route or not for your first game?
Tyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #786 (permalink)
Bo Jackson
2 Sport All-Star and Heisman Winner

I'm liking where this is going. This could be like the Fubu of MMO's. For us By us.
Bo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #787 (permalink)
Tyen
Social Butterfly

I liked Ramirez better when he was with the Indians. Where the heck did he get that ego. That is the real question here sirs.
Tyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #788 (permalink)
WillTR

Boston, apparently.

/duck
WillTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:41 AM   #789 (permalink)
Camerous
Just Waiting.

You should come play for the Braves *nods*
Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #790 (permalink)
Flanders

First and foremost. Please don't ever leave Boston. Please.

But on the off-chance you leave and sign with the Devil, George Steinbrener. Your picture will have go on my cubicle wall with Johnny Damon and his ilk, in the hall of shame section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis View Post

Clemens and Schilling = Boston World Series win. And thats still a possibility. Would only serve to compliment the best rotation in MLB. Schilling, Clemens, Beckett, Wakefield, Matsuzaka and of course the little pimp, Papelbon.

Clemens has tied Cy young with awards in a Boston uniform and he still talks about that.

btw Clemens has been removed from the cube wall.

Last edited by Flanders : 02-23-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #791 (permalink)
James
Russia's Famous Love Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngruk View Post
Oh it's weird, for other people. The GMG name was, and I know this is going to be impossible to believe, not named after the left field wall at fenway. The name was made up by someone who knew next to nothing about baseball and isn't even from this country.
Green Monster Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you telling me Wikipedia is wrong? Wikipedia is my religion, sir, tread carefully.

P.S. I'm fairly certain the Astros are doomed never to win a world series. Hell, we had NOLAN RYAN and still didn't win. We'd find some way to muck it up, just like football.
->
--------| |
--------| \/
--------|

Last edited by James : 02-23-2007 at 08:21 AM.
James is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #792 (permalink)
Dis

Send a message via MSN to Dis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
First and foremost. Please don't ever leave Boston. Please.

But on the off-chance you leave and sign with the Devil, George Steinbrener. Your picture will have go on my cubicle wall with Johnny Damon and his ilk, in the hall of shame section.

Clemens and Schilling = Boston World Series win. And thats still a possibility. Would only serve to compliment the best rotation in MLB. Schilling, Clemens, Beckett, Wakefield, Matsuzaka and of course the little pimp, Papelbon.

Clemens has tied Cy young with awards in a Boston uniform and he still talks about that.

btw Clemens has been removed from the cube wall.

derail train:

Oswalt, Clemens, Schilling, Williams, Jennings = a sick pitching rotation (not to mention Backe if he comes back healthy)

IMO best rotation that will never happen in baseball

Definitions of LOOSE on the Web:
not restrained or confined or attached; "a pocket full of loose bills"; "knocked the ball loose"; "got loose from his attacker"

Please people, stop adding letters to a 4 letter word, kittens die when you do this. Think of the kittens!!!
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #793 (permalink)
Bo Jackson
2 Sport All-Star and Heisman Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Green Monster Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you telling me Wikipedia is wrong? Wikipedia is my religion, sir, tread carefully.

If it was not for the half-truths on Wikipedia, I would have never gotten through college. It made research feasible for those of us with rpg addictions.
Bo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #794 (permalink)
Aethn Anvel

Curt, you need to read the Vanguard threads since Beta 5 / release. Sigil made some glaring and obvious mistakes. Read them, the comments from all of us pro and con, read then 5 times if you need too, but make sure you dont make the same mistakes.

Sigil dropped the ball, its your turn now. Hate to toss the pressure on you but the heat is on now, no one else is on the horizon now that VG shipped and was a small disaster, the eyes will be shifting on what you bring to the table.

All I gotta say is good luck.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #795 (permalink)
Ngruk

No pressure. Pressure is self invoked. If I wanted to skate by, make a game and a few bucks while building a company that people in it believed was going to be revolutionary, that would be pressure.

I had a great opportunity to sit and talk with Brad McQuaid a few months back, right before Vanguard launch.

He was exactly what I expected, dead tired and incredibly passionate about players and his people and his game.

The 'mistakes' he made, alot of them, are not of his own doing, but he accepts full responsibility and I admire that.

Regardless of your opinion he's one of the 2-3 main reasons MMO's are what they are today as far as the market and the industry, in a good way.

The amount of time and effort he's put into his company, his people, his games, is pretty staggering.

This entire industry, not just the MMO game space, is a huge classroom right now with lessons aplenty on a daily basis.

Will we make mistakes? Absolutely. But what we won't do is make mistakes of ignorance or omission, we'll make mistakes the same way any great company would. Trying to push the envelope and do things in a way people want to, but are too afraid to try.

Spring continues to roll along, things are progressing and this team is looking rather good at the moment. But then there are about 20-25 teams saying the same thing and most of them aren't in the AL East or Central.
Ngruk is offline   Reply With Quote