Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
MattBrady

DEL REY TO PUBLISH HEROES: SAVING CHARLIE

Press Release
Del Rey, an imprint of Ballantine Books at the Random House Publishing Group, announced plans to publish a novel based on NBC’s Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominated Heroes. HEROES: SAVING CHARLIE (Del Rey Hardcover; $23.95; on sale December 26, 2007) by Aury Wallington will be an original novel based on the characters Hiro Nakamura (Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Masi Oka) and Charlie (Jayma Mays), created by executive producer/creator Tim Kring. It is developed through a licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products Group.

"One of the more memorable relationships in Season One was Hiro's first love, the waitress Charlie. We were as smitten as Hiro by that story and seized the chance to tell the full adventure of Hiro's six months in the past. Aury Wallington was hand picked by the writers of the show for her brilliant voice for these characters. The novel is a welcome addition to the Heroes family," said Tim Kring, creator-executive producer, “Heroes.”

The novel—written with the full cooperation and consultation of the show’s creators—will tell the story of Japanese office worker Hiro, who, through the use of his ability to pierce the space-time continuum and manipulate time, bravely catapults himself into the past to save Charlie, a small-town Texas waitress with an extraordinary memory, from being brutally murdered by super-powered serial killer Sylar (Zachary Quinto). While fans of the television series were given only a brief glimpse into Hiro and Charlie’s relationship as it grew into love over six time-changing months, but their history is told here with the depth and insight that only a novel will allow.

Del Rey celebrated the announcement of its Heroes book at the 2007 San Diego International Comic-Con by asking fans to help make 1,000 cranes at their booth by the end of the show. Interest was high and the goal of 1,000 was surpassed.

Season 2 of Heroes launches September 24, 2007 on NBC.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
80Pork

Oh, wow...this is awesome! I can't wait to read it!! Very excited for this!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
newfoundma

Really? Doesn't this sound like a romance novel? Really? Seriously, we know how it ends, we know the broadstroeks of the story, and all that is left to fill in are the sweet, tender moments. Maybe it's because Hiro is my least favorite charactrer by far (I don't get how all of the world is not offended by his stereotype everytime he is on screen) on a vastly overrated show with moustache twirling villains, heroes the show expects us to root for because they're the heroes, and no one interesting in between.

Yay Kristen Bell having semi-regular work though!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
mrhelm

I was wondering what the heck happened to this after hearing about it months ago.

It's a decent idea for a tie-in novel, but I personally would have liked to see something new set in the same universe.

Oh, and it being a hardcover, especially from a name I've never heard of, surprises me quite a bit.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
80Pork

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhelm
Oh, and it being a hardcover, especially from a name I've never heard of, surprises me quite a bit.

That is a good point. I seriously doubt I will buy it in hardcover. I honestly would expect something like this to come out in a trade paperback for, say, $12 to $15.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
Tenebrare

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfoundma
Really? Doesn't this sound like a romance novel? Really? Seriously, we know how it ends, we know the broadstroeks of the story, and all that is left to fill in are the sweet, tender moments. Maybe it's because Hiro is my least favorite charactrer by far (I don't get how all of the world is not offended by his stereotype everytime he is on screen) on a vastly overrated show with moustache twirling villains, heroes the show expects us to root for because they're the heroes, and no one interesting in between.

Yay Kristen Bell having semi-regular work though!

Wha?
What is this? Is Kristen Bell going to have a recurring role on the new season of Heroes or something?
That would be so great. I loved Kristen Bell in Reefer Madness and Veronica Mars and VM's cancellation was horrible.
And unlike you appearantly, I quite like Heroes. So if she's going to be on it, I'm quite happy.
Or were you just throwing out random comments?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrare
Wha?
What is this? Is Kristen Bell going to have a recurring role on the new season of Heroes or something?

She's someone who has a mysterious connection to Claire!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
ApacheDick

"Saving Charlie"? Sounds like they swiped a title from "Lost".
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Starleafgirl

We already saved the cheerleader, now we've got to save Charlie!

(...okay, no, she still dies, but I'm still excited to see this!)