Database of Existing Codes, Guidelines and Practices
This database comprises examples of codes, guides, policies, protocols and standard agreements relating to the recording, digitization and dissemination of intangible cultural heritage, with an emphasis on intellectual property issues.
The database responds to a widely-felt need for more empirical information on current experiences and practices concerning these issues.
These resources may serve as a basis for distilling IP-related “best practices” and guidelines.
The database is complemented by surveys commissioned by WIPO and case-studies drawn from the surveys.
The database can be searched by keyword, category, and country/region. Some resources may appear in more than one category.
The compilation is work in progress. Corrections and additions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resources for Museums and other Collection-Holding Institutions
- Resources on Inventory-Making
- Resources for Researchers and Field-Workers
- Resources for Commercial and Other Users
- Resources by Indigenous and Local Community Organizations
- Standard Agreements, Consent Forms, Licenses and Undertakings
- Technical Standards, Indexical Languages and Thesauri
- Professional Societies' Codes and Statements of Ethics
- Intergovernmental Instruments, Declarations and Guidelines
- Policy Papers, Studies and Articles