1. N.H.S. withdrawal services
available for all tranquiliser addicts, including
(a) Withdrawal clinics.
(b) 24 hour national helpline.
(c) local support groups.
(d) regional treatment centres.
2. Medical research into long term and permanent damage from tranquiliser addiction. Development of appropriate treatments for post withdrawal syndrome.
3. Full implementation of data sheet prescibing guidelines. Education for prescribers.
4. Rescheduling and reclassification of tranquilisers by the Home Office.
5. An independent inquiry into tranquiliser addiction.
6. A review of all the tranquiliser product licences. Withdrawal of the lorazepam tablet product licence.