Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Heightened
Forum Junior

Sidechaining
Tuesday, March 25 2008 @ 08:44 AM CDT

Have Logic Pro and went over 'Tip #18 - Sidechaining Part 1 - Logic Studio Tips' about 16 times but to no avail. Am I missing something or is LogicNinja missing something. Kind of think it's me but I noticed that when he goes to sidechaining on bass compressor it lists lots of inputs as where mine lists only input one and two and the bus after it is imputed on the Ultrabeat. Just thought it was odd there are so many inputs on his demo video but only 2 on mine although only bus is needed. I also tried moving the knobs as he suggested but nothing - special note: nothing in the gain reduction window on the compressor! Only bass! Bugger!!! Sure would like to use this for Trance! Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H
8piscean8
Forum Full Member

Re:Sidechaining
Tuesday, March 25 2008 @ 10:56 AM CDT

If you have a bass kick that you want to send into the compressor (side-chain) of another channel you have to assign the bass kick to a buss first and make sure that the buss is actually getting some volume from the bass kick track. After you assign the buss for the bass kick you should be able to select that as the side-chain input from the compressor plugin window (click on side-chain). Logic Pro has the ability to side-chain but Logic Express does not. I am thinking about buying an academic version of Logic Pro 7 just so I can side-chain (I don't have the cash to buy a new computer). Hope you get it working. There is a lot of creative uses that you can do with side-chaining. I wouldn't worry about the number of inputs (that should correlate to the number of inputs on your audio interface).

Please check out my really old song The End to wash away your fears today!

Re:Sidechaining
Tuesday, March 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM CDT

Hi.Watch the sidechain overview here.. http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks ..it differs from SF's vid.

But the thing to remember as 8P said..The inputs are referncing your audio interface..If it only has 2 inputs that is what it is..If it has 30 then you will see the option for 30 inputs.. JON