University Libraries > Libraries
& Departments > Government Publications > Foreign Information by Country >
São Tomé and Príncipe
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Sao Tomean Government Information
Government Information | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- BBC News Profile - Sao Tome and Principe
A guide to history, politics and economic background of countries from BBC News.
- CIA World Factbook - Sao Tome and Principe
Country profile provides information on country background, geography, people, government, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues.
- FAO and Sao Tome and Principe
Information on economic and agricultural issues from the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). It also has a good selection of maps.
- Human Development Report on Sao Tome and Principe
Provides quick statistics on human development, economy, labor force, and population from the United Nations Development Programme. Country factsheet is also available.
- IAEA - Sao Tome and Principe
Country factsheet on multilateral and safeguard agreements from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- IMF - Sao Tome and Principe
Country information, reports and publications from the International Monetary Fund.
- ITC - Sao Tome and Principe
Country-specific trade and market profiles, map, and trade statistics from the International Trade Centre (ITC).
- Library of Congress - Sao Tome and Principe
Country portal and resources compiled by the Library of Congress subject experts.
- OHCHR - Sao Tome and Principe
Country background, treaties, reporting status, calendar of events and publications related to human rights from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights (OHCHR).
- UNEP - Sao Tome and Principe
Country environmental profile from the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- UNESCO Worldwide - Sao Tome and Principe
Highlights cooperation between the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and its Member States.
- UNESCO Communication & Information - Sao Tome and Principe
Country profile, news and links to related projects and websites.
- UNESCO Education Worldwide - Sao Tome and Principe
Education statistics, publications, plans, ministries, and news for Member States.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics - Sao Tome and Principe
A selection of national statistics on education, literacy, science and technology, culture, and communication.
- UNESCO Office Libreville
Cluster Office representing UNESCO in Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tome and Principe in the Central and Western Africa Cluster.
- UNESCO World Heritage - Sao Tome and Principe
Cultural and natural heritage properties and documents on the World Heritage List.
- UNFPA Country Profile - Sao Tome and Principe
"The United Nations Population Fund ( UNFPA) supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect."
- United Kingdom's Foreign and Commonwealth Office - Sao Tome and Principe
Country profile covering history, politics, economy, human rights, relations with the UK, and travel.
- United Nations Country @ a Glance - Sao Tome and Principe
Country overview, news, economy, environment, health and technology from the United Nations Cyberschoolbus.
- United Nations Statistics Division: Environment Snapshot - Sao Tome and Principe
Country snapshots offer national environment statistics.
- United Nations Statistics Division: National Accounts - Sao Tome and Principe
"Statistics database contains a complete and consistent set of time series from 1970 onwards of main national accounts aggregates for all UN Members States and all other countries and areas in the world."
- U.S. Census Bureau Foreign Trade Statistics - Sao Tome and Principe
trade in goods (imports, exports and balance) with Sao Tome and Principe.
- U.S. Department of Energy - Sao Tome and Principe
Country energy profile for production, consumption, U.S. oil imports, and CO2 emissions.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Articles and Databases
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Declassified Documents
Declassified information available from the FOIA Electronic Reading Room.
Enter "Sao Tome and Principe" as the search term.
- National Intelligence Council (NIC) Declassified Documents
Database of intelligence reports, National Intelligence Estimates, and other publications produced by the National Intelligence Council or its predecessor organizations, the Office of National Estimates and the Office of Reports and Estimates since 1946.
- Crisis Group International Databases and Resources
Crisis Group provides analysis of violent conflicts and peace implementation.
- CrisisWatch Database
Monthly bulletin of significant situations of conflict or potential conflict around the world.
- Declassified Documents Reference System CU
Search this database to find declassified documents related to Sao Tome and Principe.
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
Department of Defense Scientific and Technical Reports Collection provides access to citations to unclassified unlimited documents that have been entered into DTIC's Technical Reports (TR) Database, as well as the electronic full-text of many of these documents. The site also includes databases that focus on individual topics.
- Digital National Security Archive CU
Database of primary declassified documents regarding critical U.S. policy decisions.
- Facts on International Relations and Security Trends (FIRST)
An integrated database containing information on armed conflicts and peace keeping, arms production and trade, military expenditure, armed forces and weapons.
- Global Legal Information Network (GLIN)
"Public database of official texts of laws, regulations, judicial decisions, and other complementary legal sources contributed by governmental agencies and international organizations."
- International Area Studies Africa/Middle East CU
Collection of databases from the University of Colorado covering Africa and the Middle East.
- International Area Studies General CU
Collection of general databases from the University of Colorado covering international issues.
- International Area Studies Statistics CU
Collection of international statistics databases from the University of Colorado.
- LexisNexis Academic Country & Region Reports CU
News, country briefings, and country risk guides. Filter by country or choose "Country & Region Reports" from publication type.
- United Nations Common Database (UNCDB)
"UNCDB provides selected series from numerous specialized international data sources for all available countries and areas."
- WDI Online CU
World Development Indicators (WDI) online
contains statistical data on the global economy from the
- Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (WITS)
WITS is the National Counterterrorism Center's database of terrorist incidents. The WITS database coverage is currently from 1/1/2004 to 6/30/2007 and is updated quarterly.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Diplomacy, Programs and Aid
- African Development Bank Group - Sao Tome and Principe
Projects, strategy papers, and information about Sao Tome and Principe and the ADB.
- African Union
The main objectives of the AU are "to promote unity and solidarity among African States, to coordinate and intensify cooperation for development, to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Member States, and to promote international cooperation within the framework of the United Nations."
- EU Relations with Sao Tome and Principe
Overview, country strategy, EU support, and documents on the European Union's relations with Sao Tome and Principe.
- G-77 at the United Nations
The Group of 77 is an intergovernmental organization of developing states in the UN. It provides the means for the countries of the South to articulate and promote their collective economic interests and enhance their joint negotiating capacity on all major international economic issues within the United Nations system, and promote South-South cooperation for development. There are now 130 member states (including Sao Tome and Principe), although the name G-77 was retained because of its historical significance.
- IRIN Humanitarian Profile - Sao Tome and Principe
IRIN (Integrated Regional Information Networks), part of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), provides news and analysis about sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia for the humanitarian community.
- New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD)
NEPAD is a strategy for sustainable development and poverty reduction in Africa.
- ReliefWeb - Sao Tome and Principe
ReliefWeb, administered by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), provides news, documents, maps, and background information on emergency assistance by country.
- UNHCR - Sao Tome and Principe
News, operations, statistics, background, analysis and policy, and maps from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Sao Tome and Principe (in French only)
UNDP helps countries work toward human rights, democratic governance, poverty reduction, crisis prevention and recovery, energy and environment for sustainable development, and HIV/AIDS prevention.
- United Nations Division for Sustainable Development - Sao Tome and Principe
Economic, social and environmental policies and plans for sustainable development from the UN Department Economic and Social Affairs.
- United Nations House Sao Tome and Principe
UN system and country team in Sao Tome and Principe.
- U.S. Department of State - Sao Tome and Principe
U.S.-Sao Tomean relations, humanitarian assistance, reconstruction, and country background notes.
- World Bank - Sao Tome and Principe
World Bank data, projects, and research in Sao Tome and Principe.
- World Food Program - Sao Tome and Principe
The World Food Program (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency in the fight against global hunger.
- World Trade Organization - Sao Tome and Principe (Observer Country)
Provides key information on trade statistics, WTO commitments, disputes, trade policy reviews, and notifications for observer countries.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- UNAIDS - Sao Tome and Principe
Country situation analysis and news from the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- WHO - Sao Tome and Principe
Information and statistics on the status of public health in Sao Tome and Principe from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Official site of the World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Related Topics
Peacekeeping and Military Information
Resources in the Catalog
For additional foreign information, arranged by subject, see the Subject Page.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on Sao Tome and Principe available in the
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook, the library catalog:
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog