University Libraries > Libraries
& Departments > Government Publications > Foreign Information by Country >
(Republic of Korea - ROK)
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
South Korean Government Information
- Constitutional Court of Korea
Provides information on the history, organization, justices, jurisdiction, procedure, Judgment Benches & parties, decisions, and case statistics.
- Korea Legislation Research Institute
This government-financed think tank works to support and disseminate national legislative policies.
- Korea National Statistical Office
Provides statistics and publications on population, economy, society, business, wholesale, price, and agriculture.
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy
- Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development
- Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Ministry of Information and Communication
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Labor
- Ministry of National Defense
- National Assembly of the Republic of Korea
Provides information on the organization, activities, powers, and history of the National Assembly.
- Office of President, Republic of Korea
- The Republic of Korea Official Website
This portal provides information and links on the geography, people & language, history, the presidency, the government, Korean international relations, business & economy, society, culture, arts, tourism, and events & sports.
Government Information | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- APEC Individual Action Plan - Republic of Korea
Report updated annually by each Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Member Economy recording its actions that help realize the APEC goal.
- Australian Government - Republic of Korea
Country profile, economic and trade information, and foreign relations from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- BBC News Profile - South Korea
A guide to history, politics and economic background of countries from BBC News.
- CIA World Factbook - South Korea
Country profile provides information on country background, geography, people, government, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues.
- FAO and Republic of Korea
Information on economic and agricultural issues from the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). It also has a good selection of maps.
- Human Development Report on Republic of Korea
Provides quick statistics on human development, economy, labor force, and population from the United Nations Development Programme. Country factsheet is also available.
- Human Rights Watch - South Korea
Country background, news and reports related to human rights.
- IAEA - Republic of Korea
Country factsheet on multilateral and safeguard agreements from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- IEA - Republic of Korea
Country information, energy-related statistics, graphs and publications from the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- IMF - Republic of Korea
Country information, reports and publications from the International Monetary Fund.
- ITC - Republic of Korea
Country-specific trade and market profiles, map, and trade statistics from the International Trade Centre (ITC).
- Library of Congress - South Korea
Country portal and resources compiled by the Library of Congress subject experts.
- OECD - South Korea
Country information, statistics, publications, and news from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- OHCHR - Republic of Korea
Country background, treaties, reporting status, calendar of events and publications related to human rights from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights (OHCHR).
- UNEP - Republic of Korea
Country environmental profile from the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- UNESCO Worldwide - Republic of Korea
Highlights cooperation between the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and its Member States.
- UNESCO Communication & Information - Republic of Korea
Country profile, news and links to related projects and websites.
- UNESCO Education Worldwide - Republic of Korea
Education statistics, publications, plans, ministries, and news for Member States.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics - Republic of Korea
A selection of national statistics on education, literacy, science and technology, culture, and communication.
- UNESCO Office Beijing
Cluster Office representing UNESCO in China, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Japan, Mongolia and Republic of Korea in the East and South-East Asia Cluster.
- UNESCO World Heritage - Republic of Korea
Cultural and natural heritage properties and documents on the World Heritage List.
- United Kingdom's Foreign and Commonwealth Office - South Korea
Country profile covering history, politics, economy, human rights, relations with the UK, and travel.
- United Nations Country @ a Glance - Republic of Korea
Country overview, news, economy, environment, health and technology from the United Nations Cyberschoolbus.
- United Nations Statistics Division: Environment Snapshot - Republic of Korea
Country snapshots offer national environment statistics.
- United Nations Statistics Division: National Accounts - Republic of Korea
"Statistics database contains a complete and consistent set of time series from 1970 onwards of main national accounts aggregates for all UN Members States and all other countries and areas in the world."
- U.S. Census Bureau Foreign Trade Statistics - South Korea
trade in goods (imports, exports and balance) with South Korea.
- U.S. Commercial Service - Korea
Country profile about doing business abroad by the Commercial Service, the global business solutions unit of the Department of Commerce.
- U.S. Department of Energy - South Korea
Country energy profile for production, consumption, U.S. oil imports, and CO2 emissions.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Articles and Databases
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Declassified Documents
Declassified information available from the FOIA Electronic Reading Room.
Enter "South Korea" as the search term.
- National Intelligence Council (NIC) Declassified Documents
Database of intelligence reports, National Intelligence Estimates, and other publications produced by the National Intelligence Council or its predecessor organizations, the Office of National Estimates and the Office of Reports and Estimates since 1946.
- CRS Reports - LexisNexis Congressional CU
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), the research arm of Congress, prepares reports (usually under 20 pages long) on topics of interest to members of Congress. Enter "Korea" "South Korea," or "Republic of Korea" as the search terms.
- Declassified Documents Reference System CU
Search this database to find declassified documents related to South Korea.
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
Department of Defense Scientific and Technical Reports Collection provides access to citations to unclassified unlimited documents that have been entered into DTIC's Technical Reports (TR) Database, as well as the electronic full-text of many of these documents. The site also includes databases that focus on individual topics.
- Digital National Security Archive CU
Database of primary declassified documents regarding critical U.S. policy decisions. Enter "South Korea" as the search term.
- Facts on International Relations and Security Trends (FIRST)
An integrated database containing information on armed conflicts and peace keeping, arms production and trade, military expenditure, armed forces and weapons.
- Global Legal Information Network (GLIN)
"Public database of official texts of laws, regulations, judicial decisions, and other complementary legal sources contributed by governmental agencies and international organizations."
- International Area Studies Asia CU
Collection of databases from the University of Colorado covering Asia.
- International Area Studies General CU
Collection of general databases from the University of Colorado covering international issues.
- International Area Studies Statistics CU
Collection of international statistics databases from the University of Colorado.
- LexisNexis Academic Country & Region Reports CU
News, country briefings, and country risk guides. Filter by country or choose "Country & Region Reports" from publication type.
- Statistical Database System (SDBS) Online
SDBS is the the Asian Development Bank's central statistical database that stores macro-economic and social data of its developing member countries.
- United Nations Common Database (UNCDB)
"UNCDB provides selected series from numerous specialized international data sources for all available countries and areas."
- WDI Online CU
World Development Indicators (WDI) online
contains statistical data on the global economy from the
- Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (WITS)
WITS is the National Counterterrorism Center's database of terrorist incidents. The WITS database coverage is currently from 1/1/2004 to 6/30/2007 and is updated quarterly.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Diplomacy, Programs and Aid
- Asian Development Bank - Republic of Korea
Projects, publications, and news about ROK and the ADB.
- Delegation of the European Commission to the Republic of Korea
The Delegations of the External Service serve European Union interests throughout the world.
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the United States of America
Diplomatic representation of ROK in the United States.
- Embassy of the United States in Seoul, Korea
Diplomatic representation of the U.S. in South Korea.
- EU's Relations with the Republic of Korea
Overview, country strategy, EU support, and documents on the European Union's relations with the ROK.
- Group of Twenty (G-20)
The G-20 is a group of 19 of the world's largest economies and the European Union. The G-20 is an informal forum that promotes open and constructive discussion between industrial and emerging-market countries on key issues related to global economic stability.
- Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea to the United Nations
Website of member state missions and their representatives to the United Nations.
- ReliefWeb - Republic of Korea
ReliefWeb, administered by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), provides news, documents, maps, and background information on emergency assistance by country.
- UNHCR - Republic of Korea
News, operations, statistics, background, analysis and policy, and maps from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Republic of Korea
UNDP helps countries work toward human rights, democratic governance, poverty reduction, crisis prevention and recovery, energy and environment for sustainable development, and HIV/AIDS prevention.
- United Nations Division for Sustainable Development - Republic of Korea
Economic, social and environmental policies and plans for sustainable development from the UN Department Economic and Social Affairs.
- U.S. Department of State - South Korea
U.S.-South Korean relations, humanitarian assistance, reconstruction, and country background notes.
- World Bank - Republic of Korea
World Bank data, projects, and research in South Korea.
- World Trade Organization - Republic of Korea
Provides key information on trade statistics, WTO commitments, disputes, trade policy reviews, and notifications for member countries.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- UNAIDS - Republic of Korea
Country situation analysis and news from the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- WHO - Republic of Korea
Information and statistics on the status of public health in Republic of Korea from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Official site of the World Health Organization Western Pacific Regional Office (WHO-WPRO).
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Peacekeeping and Military Information
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Related Topics
- South Korea Military Guide
Maps, agencies, military branches, nuclear capability, news, and references from GlobalSecurity.org.
- National Archives -
Korean War Records
Record holdings of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) relating to the Korean War.
- NTI - South Korea Profile
Nuclear, biological, chemical and missile development programs, policies and activities from the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI). NTI is non-profit organization with a mission to strengthen global security and fulfill the Non-Proliferation Treaty's goals and ambitions. NTI's members are from the United States, Russia, Japan, India, Pakistan, China, Jordan, Sweden, France and the United Kingdom.
- South Korea: Security Assistance
Country-by-country listing provides information on Political-Military-administered security assistance funds from the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs.
Resources in the Catalog
For additional foreign information, arranged by subject, see the Subject Page.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on South Korea available in the
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook, the library catalog:
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog