Ill keep this short. Lots of pics and very few numbers. Its a project in the works. I will post more when I have more numbers. Here is a glimpse...
I got rid of my old round cells.
A friend of mine offered these to me. They are not at all that old and they have been working good. I installed these earlier this year in the spring. Same capacity, (1680Ah) just half the floor space required. Its like I got half the room back. I was excited :-)
I bought a listeroid 6/1 a while back and I welded up this base for it. Its 6" I-beam.
I didnt feel like pouring concrete, so I decided to try this. Its made up of 6x6. It has cross braces too also made of 6x6. I buried it flush with the ground and water tamped it like crazy. It works well. The I-beam base sits on top of it.
Here is a trailer hub I turned out to fit on the 2" engine shaft. I drilled and tapped for three stainless set screws. This is what locks it onto the motor shaft. The screws tighten in the gib key slot so they are flush when the magnet rotors are slipped on. I also notched the hub to fit over the gib key. This is visible in the following image. Its nice to know its not going to move around at all when its locked down.
Here you can see how the back of the hub slips onto the gib key.
14" mag rotors before they were cast. These rotors are also banded with stainless. I rolled it so I could get a perfect circle. I then simply cut it to length and tacked it from the inside. I think it works well.
The mag rotors were cast upside down. I used some magnets to hold on the plywood securely so the resin wouldnt leak out when I turned them over after I poured them full. They came out with zero air bubbles.
More to follow...