Welcome to OScheme home page !
OScheme is a small, embeddable interpreter, which conforms to
as defined in R4RS, except for the following restrictions:
However, it provides various extensions:
- The implementation of aritmetic is reduced to the native integer
type of the underlying architecture, however, it provides inexact
numbers through the native 'double' C type.
- The macro system is more simple then the one described in R4RS
appendix, although it allows to write hygienic macros.
The best way to try the implementation is to get it !
- Regarding the language itself, OScheme provides a prototype-based object model, a la Self.
- Some posix system calls are available, making provision for
processes, sockets, regular expressions (see the manual for a full description),
- Last but not least, OScheme can be compiled in secure mode. In
this case, a bunch of controls are performed while scheme code is
executed (this is still under development, you may want to have a
look at its current status).