Australian Soldat Forums :: View topic - Jimmyman
Jimmyman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Australian Soldat Forums Forum Index -> Rantings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Cloud
ASF N00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyman91 wrote:
A lot of hacks have been reported to the developers by us (mainly Coyote), or others; but so far only one that I know of has been fixed. Heck, EnEsCe left the server crasher code in the dedicated server on purpose, he didn't want it gone and I have seen many logs on the subject. I hear from Coyote that he was the one who used to crash the GA servers heaps back in 1.3.1. Then I see posts on these websites saying 'EnEsCe ftw'.

Yes, I heard that Coyote found a very dangerous bug in Soldat, which, in the wrong hands, could have been exploited in a very.. non-friendly matter. He had a little bit of fun with it (as you do) and then he reported it to the developers and now it is patched.
Edit:
SpiltCoffee wrote:
Hacking is the act of improving a program or code.

So hacking into someone's computer, stealing their private bank data and emptying their bank accounts is the act of improving a program or code?
Kagesha26
ASF Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackers are fags including you pricks - Cloud, Jimmyman. Your wrecking a game of it's own kind, the least you can do is help the community. Or you can grow a dick and stop using/making hacks in general.
ASF N00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you need to get over the fact that most hackers > you, in terms of what we can create and the knowledge we possess. I know that pisses off the living shit out of you and a fuckload of others. I also know that most anti-hackers, deep down, would like to know how to make a program from scratch. You have no idea what feeling you get when you create programs that indeed work and do as they're told.
What I also know is that ALL anti-hackers are curious and would try out a hack to see how awesome and fun it is. If they haven't done so already. And don't deny it, you know that deep down you'd like to try out one of those damage multipliers or something you always wished you could try.
I don't need hacks to be decent at Soldat. I don't hack to show people how good I am, I hack for my personal gain of knowledge. And, sometimes, entertainment. Gotta love seeing 'legit' people fail at putting hackers down.
Pad
ASF Member

Member of:
-[N/A]-
Cn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Cloud wrote:
I also know that most anti-hackers, deep down, would like to know how to make a program from scratch. You have no idea what feeling you get when you create programs that indeed work and do as they're told.

i r so jealous of uz all.

but seriously flogging a dead horse people.

STAGGER LEE.
SpiltCoffee
ASF Member

Member of:
-B#-
Gamers.net.nz Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Cloud wrote:

So hacking into someone's computer, stealing their private bank data and emptying their bank accounts is the act of improving a program or code?
No, that's called cracking. The term hacking is misused just like the term weight is misused.

I don't care what you say about me, as long as you spell my name right!
Crazytrain
Resident Gimp

Member of:
<>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you own us at your knowledge and prowess over programs and games, i still dont care if you do. And no i couldnt care less about what you can create because i dont really give a crap about the programs because i just play games for fun. And no i dont want damage multipliers because i can kill with weapons just fine. And no i do not want to try out any of your hacks

Dan says:
Hello Kitty Island Adventure is far better
Dan says:
I LURVEEEEEE EMO
Deadpool
ASF Spammer

Member of:
Cn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own you at getting laid.
Mr_Cloud
ASF N00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazytrain wrote:
because i just play games for fun.

So do I.
Crazytrain wrote:
And no i dont want damage multipliers because i can kill with weapons just fine.

So can I.
Crazytrain wrote:
And no i do not want to try out any of your hacks

I didn't come here to advertise my, or anyone's hacks. I doubt I'd share my hacks with anyone outside the AN UG. If you want a hack, go make one yourself.
Kingbob
King of all Bob kind

Member of:
ADMOD Team
iiNet Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Cloud wrote:
And you need to get over the fact that most hackers > you, in terms of what we can create and the knowledge we possess. I know that pisses off the living shit out of you and a fuckload of others. I also know that most anti-hackers, deep down, would like to know how to make a program from scratch. You have no idea what feeling you get when you create programs that indeed work and do as they're told.
What I also know is that ALL anti-hackers are curious and would try out a hack to see how awesome and fun it is. If they haven't done so already. And don't deny it, you know that deep down you'd like to try out one of those damage multipliers or something you always wished you could try.
I don't need hacks to be decent at Soldat. I don't hack to show people how good I am, I hack for my personal gain of knowledge. And, sometimes, entertainment. Gotta love seeing 'legit' people fail at putting hackers down.

Just so you know, Soldat is quite easy to hack. Most people with any kind of programming knowledge can get a memory reader and change a frew values and eventually get them to bypass battleye. So stop thinking you're all top shit. And for what it's worth I have the knowledge to do this all from scratch and not have to rely on 3rd party tools. Until you can do that then you are just another script kiddie with a bit more knowledge than most.

2nd Silkies Contribution Winner
4th Silkies Hall of Fame [CF] (Ex-Leader)
Crazytrain
Resident Gimp

Member of:
<>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You totally misunderstood. You were saying we wished to have damage multipliers or something and that we are all curious. I was saying that not all of us want to. We arent curious, nor do we want to try or write it.

You're just generalising to make yourself feel better because if ALL anti-hackers envied you, you must be top shit. In fact most dont envy that you can write a program to do such and such.

Dan says:
Dan says:
I LURVEEEEEE EMO
Mr_Cloud
ASF N00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure a lot of anti-hackers are, in fact, curious. What do you think I was before joining AN? I was an anti-hacker, just about as bad as Kagesha, always insulting and putting down every hacker I'd encounter. But it's curiosity that got me into hacking. So don't tell me that most people are not curious. Because that is not true.
Anyway, I haven't come on here to discuss hackers and non-hackers. I came here to clear the confusion between my alias and some other motherfucker's intentionally almost similar alias. I'm out.
Crazytrain
Resident Gimp

Member of:
<>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can name a "most" off the top of my head who arent really curious actually. I was more pointing to the fact that youre saying ALL anti-hackers are curious

Dan says:
Dan says:
I LURVEEEEEE EMO
The Cult
Alias Detector

Member of:
-B#-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programming is good fun yeh, that's why most of you hack i understand, and I also believe you when you say that you get a good feeling when you create a program that works. But when you somehow leak them like snowy does, it ruins soldat public servers. I mean, i can't even go into GA2 no more and practice with a barret or m79 because of the hackers in there it's insane.

Hacks shouldn't be given out, just kept to the owners to use in servers with friends or an AN server(if they exist).

And guys, there is no point in arguing with these guys, they're like an angry lynch mob.

Just keep your hacks to yourself and everyone will be happy.

Deadpool
ASF Spammer

Member of:
Cn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read any of this Cult?

They've said repeatedly that they keep them to themselves, and it's more about 'learning to program'.
Everyone else is saying 'don't hack, shouldn't even do it, play fair, etc.'

Sexy Boots
ASF N00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud and Exclatepotato, shut up. You're not helping.

Jimmyman, don't bring EnEsCe into this. Leave him be.

Will an admin close this thread already? This is going nowhere. There is never going to be acceptance between 'normal' Soldat players and hackers, no matter what hackers use to defend themselves and what 'normal' players use to attack hackers.

For your information, many exploits have been emailed to MM, Chrisgbk and co. One major one was the fact that a hacker could force anyone connecting to a server to download anything. This was patched quickly and effectively.

If any of you were to come to AN (and don't, actually) then you will see that barely anything is public. I can tell you that only about 30 people AROUND THE WORLD have access to even the most basic hacks at AN.

Those that are leaked are out of our control, although we do try to reduce this (banning, removing access, etc). There is no need to flame back at Jimmyman, Cloud, etc. because of a few other idiots that we don't like either.

Drop it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Australian Soldat Forums Forum Index -> Rantings All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: