Singapore – June 21, 2006 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., a leader in providing next generation telecommunications network solutions for operators around the world, today launched the world's smallest and fastest HSDPA USB Modem and introduced various UMTS and CDMA handsets at CommunicAsia 2006 in Singapore.
Huawei's HSDPA modem – the E220 – is the latest edition to the company's data card family which includes products such as the E620, E612 and E618 and has a number of key benefits.
- It is a fashionable looking device that is just 8.9 cm in length.
- Its fast transport rate of 3.6Mbps guarantees smooth Internet surfing and online video and audio streaming.
- It supports multiple standards such as HSDPA, WCDMA, EDGE and GPRS.
- External mini USB interface allows easy connection to a wide variety of end-user devices, such as laptops and desktops
Huawei also introduced two new UMTS dual mode handsets - U528, U526 and five CDMA 2000 1x mobile phones Handsets - C5300, C3300, C2285, C2281, C2205. Huawei's stylish 3G handset range provides superb value to customers offering:
- High-resolution color displays
- Support 3G services, such as video calling and video streaming
- Powerful multimedia functions such as MP3/MP4 compatibility
- External mega pixel cameras
- Java games
- Wap 2.0
- Supports Mini SD cards
"The UMTS market in Asia Pacific region has developed rapidly over the last few years," said Li Chengjun, Marketing & Sales director of Huawei Wireless Terminal Department. "We expect this trend to continue and here at Huawei we plan to continue to increase our R&D investment in wireless terminals in order to provide great value, high quality communication solutions to our customers throughout the region."
Huawei's wireless terminal technologies are currently deployed in over 70 countries including China, Sweden, Portugal, Russia, India, Brazil, UK, Italy, Spain, France and Hong Kong and its products provide bottom-line value to the world's top operators such as Vodafone, Hutchison and Telefonica.