Skyline 2009

New postby BuffaloLax78 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Hawley: Good info about the AA's. They will certainly give upgrade their respective lax programs. Do you have any info about transfers for MSU and Kean and the other skyline team schools?
BuffaloLax78

Nothing Crazy!!!

New postby Hawley on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 pm

The only info. I got on transfers for MSU and Kean are what's in Laxpowers recruits page.Maritime has one or two as well.I don't think this years crop of Transfers will be or have as much of an impact as last years group.But I could be wrong.Fall Ball should be interesting.!!!!!!!!!!!
A wise man said never to argue with fools because people at a distance can't tell who is who.

Jay Z
Hawley

New postby Tito on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:38 am

word has it that farmingdale is loading up with NYIT transfers and good Nassau transfers.
Tito

New postby nojerzlax on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

with hawleys comment about transfers making a big impact...i feel the only transfer from last year that made a big impact was dougherty from maritime. it didnt seem like msu or kean didnt have a lot of impact from transfers this past season...
nojerzlax

New postby runner on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:30 pm

What about Middleton for Maritime he was a first team all-conference
runner

New postby MacSalat on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm

nojerzlax wrote:with hawleys comment about transfers making a big impact...i feel the only transfer from last year that made a big impact was dougherty from maritime. it didnt seem like msu or kean didnt have a lot of impact from transfers this past season...

Lets be real, the trio of Gannon, Gillar and Terry for Kean was who stepped up out of the transfers for 08' to lead their team to a conference title..
MacSalat

Right on Point!!!

New postby Hawley on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:25 am

My comment about Transfers was intended for the upcoming season(2009).But in 2008 Kean's transfers were ABSOLUTELY the impact players in the Conference.I don't think there are any notable transfers coming into the Skyline for next season BUT transfers usually shake out later in the Summer and into the Fall for the Spring.It was nice to see Gannon and Terry come to Kean.Speaking with Coach Sheiner he told me that those two he recruited heavily coming out of High School but they wanted to try it at out of state schools.It was nice to see that when it didn't work out Sheiner still welcomed them back with open arms.He said he doesn't really like to go after Transfers.SIDE NOTE Eric Gillar should easily have been an All Conf. player he got screwed that kid was great for Kean and he got snubbed.I never spoke to Sheiner about it but he couldn't have been happy.!!
A wise man said never to argue with fools because people at a distance can't tell who is who.

Jay Z
Hawley

Transfer Rumour

New postby Hawley on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 pm

Word is Coach Sheiner is mad as hell that his Transfer from Lynchburg did a 180 on him and is now transfering to Montclair State in the Spring.He was in at Kean in the Fall but deceided to go to community college and then try and get into MSU.Anyone have any more info. on who this kid is and why he did that.JUST MORE FUEL TO THE NJ RIVALRY.....!!...PERSONALLY I don't think Kean will miss a step with or with out him one player doesn't make or break a team...but my man sure is angry!!

Jay Z
Hawley

New postby nojerzlax on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:12 am

looking at the recruits area for montclair...it looks like it is prob either a goalie from bridgewater raritan who transfered from lynchburg or attackman from ridge who transfered from lynchburg...
nojerzlax

Bad Move!!

New postby Hawley on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:22 am

Its the Attackmen Meth.What a bad move on that kids part why go to MSU and be at a school that can't win the big game.Kean will be stronger in 2009 just watch!!Afew holes to fill but I see Kean being stronger and Maritime challenging for the title as well.Better Coaching at Kean and Maritime too!!

Jay Z
Hawley

My 2009 All Skyline Prseason Team

New postby Laxfan23 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:53 pm

First Team
A- Bologno (Stockton)
A- Leathem (Kean)
A- Montreuil (Maritime)
M- Bonner (Montclair)
M- Doherty (Maritime)
M- Schiavone (Montclair
LSM- Eller (Kean)
D-Ferry (Montclair)
D-Miceli (Kean)
D-Middleton (Maritime)
G-Bowers (Montclair)

Second Team
A-Bachman (Montclair)
A-Fricke (Maritime)
A- Maxwell (Farmingdale
M-Bell (Stockton)
M-Gannon (Kean)
M-Passafiume (Montclair)
M- Hackeling (Maritime)
D-Dzienkiewicz (Montclair)
D-Marsh (Montclair)
D-Romano (Maritime)
G- Gallagher (Maritime)
Let me kow what evevryone thinks
Laxfan23

Not that much of a stretch!!!

New postby Hawley on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Most of your selections are returners already,So you really didn't go out on a limb with those picks.Its obvious though that you love Maritime.Any of your players who didn't make the team last year are from Maritime....???????..What about my Kean Boys????..Gillar,Bertucci,DeCarlo and Masilus???...And now Meth the turncoat should be All Conf. from Montclair State..lol..lol..lol.

Jay Z
Hawley

Hawley

New postby Laxfan23 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:11 am

I admit that the additions are favored towards Maritime. But in my defense I only saw your boys play once this past year. Also I don't think you can put the turn coat on a preseaon list when he has yet to play a game in the conference. Also I think the returners should be the favorites until others prove themselves. Lastly who would you put in differently.
Laxfan23

I don't know!!!

New postby Hawley on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 am

I agree!!..I just really think Gillar,Bertucci and Masiulis are really good players for Kean and dominate when they play.But who the heck knows its only August and SOOOOOOOOOOOO many things can happen from now til next May.Aside from my Kean Boys I like Muhanic from Stockton he was All Conf. in 2007 but had a bad year in 2008.He may rebound big!!Don't sleep on that kid from Mt.St. Vincent O'Shea.

Jay Z
Hawley

I agree

New postby Laxfan23 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:11 am

I agree about O'Shea being good but until they get more talent around him at MSV it will be too easy for the top team's defenses to neutralize him. I don't think Muhanic will rebound. Once again besides Bolongo who does Stockton have. With just two threats all you have to do is stop one to win the game. I think you see it with the top three teams. They have more than one threat to score and force you to pick what 4 get the poles. Stockton and MSV don't force that.
Laxfan23

Laxfan23 Good I see We !!!!!

New postby Hawley on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Agree to Agree!!!...Next year is going to come down to who fills their gaps.Which team can fill the gaps left by Toby( Maritime) from your team.Nichols from my team( Kean) and Klimchalk from the team we both dislike (Montclair State).I jest but Montclair State even though they LOST to my Kean Boys last season seems to be the favorite team in '09.They also ARE the favorite team for others in the conference to root against.I hear that the MSU guys don't acknowlegde the fact that they LOST in the Championship and feel it was luck that Kean won.lol.lol.lol.lol.Me being a diehard Kean Fan and Lax Alum(Class of '93) Thank you very much!!!.It pains me to say that I feel that Montclair State does pose a threat as the best in the Skyline IN 2009.But I think Kean and Maritime savor the Underdog role!!!

Jay Z
Hawley

New postby nojerzlax on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 am

if maritime finds midfielders to fill the voids of toby and rosario, kean finds a goalie to play decent and montclair is able to find an attackman to just hold their own then there are going to be a lot closer games and nail biters not just in the skyline tourny but also during the season. Alot of players improved a lot from 2007 to 2008 seasons. Cant wait to see who steps up big this year that might not have made a name for their self last season. Farmingdale also has a coach going into his second year who may have been able to get a couple LI studs to help his team out. Stockton is a team, despite not having much of backbone besides for Bologno, can beat and lose to anyone in the skyline which can cause a mix up in the seedings for the tourny.
nojerzlax

Here's the scoop!!

New postby Hawley on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:18 am

Montclair gains a Transfer Attackmen that will fill the void left from Klimchalk.The Meth Kid is good and will probably start at MSU. Kean has a capable Goalie back up and a good freshmen coming in, It should be interesting to see who earns the job. Maritime returns the best Middie in the Conf.with Doherty but will have to fill their voids with a huge recruiting class. Stockton gets a Jersey shore All American which should help and The other schools have huge recruiting classes. So jerz iT is going to be a good year for the Skyline.

Jay Z
Hawley

New postby nojerzlax on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 am

you're right Hawley but something tells me the skyline all conference teams is going to be a little mixed up this year...wat are your predictions of the first 2 teams??
nojerzlax

New postby nojerzlax on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 am

nojerzlax

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Men's - Division III