Financial Aid

Financial Aid – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I afford to come to Alice Lloyd College?
A. Yes, if you live in the 108-county service area, you automatically qualify for Alice Lloyd College's tuition guarantee; however, you will be required to meet general admissions criteria.

Q. How can you guarantee my tuition?
A. Alice Lloyd College operates a mandatory Student Work Program where students work in various jobs around campus to offset the operating expenses of the College (keeping costs low) and allowing students to help "pay their own way." Various student aid grants such as Pell, KTG, KEES, etc., which students apply for through their FAFSAs, are applied directly student accounts. Numerous privately funded and designated "endowed" scholarships are also applied directly toward the cost of education; and the Alice Lloyd College grant, which is derived from a nationwide donor base, guarantees that the remaining balance is covered.

Q. Am I required to complete my FAFSA in order to receive grants/scholarships?
A. Yes, every student is required to complete their FAFSA in order to receive Financial Aid at Alice Lloyd.

Q. What grants/scholarships do I qualify for to help cover my expenses at Alice Lloyd College?
A. Each individual student will qualify for grants/scholarships based upon their Expected Family Contribution. The Expected Family Contribution is reported to the school by the U. S. Federal Government through your FAFSA. Contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss what grants/scholarships you qualify for.

Q. Does Alice Lloyd College offer scholarships?
A. Yes, most students benefit from scholarships made possible by alumni and friends who support Alice Lloyd College. Students who receive scholarships will be asked to write "thank-you" letters to their benefactors.

Q. Can I use my Kentucky KEES scholarship money for books and fees?
A. KEES monies are applied toward the cost of tuition first. If your tuition is covered by other federal and state grants/scholarships,the remaining balance can then be applied toward room, board, and fees.

Q. How much money will I need per semester?
A. The cost of education (tuition) is guaranteed for all students within the College's service area; however, depending on your financial aid package and work-study hours, you may need to help pay for your living expenses (Room and Board) and the student matriculation fee. You should contact the Financial Aid Office to find out what your responsibility will be.

Q. How much money will I need for books and fees?
A. Depending on your course of study, books will range from $300 to $600 per semester. However, you may be able to save money by purchasing used books from the bookstore or from students who took the same classes in a previous semester.

Q. I received an outside scholarship. Should I report it to the financial aid office?
A. Yes. If you are receiving any kind of financial aid from a church, business, or other sources, you must report the scholarship to the financial aid office. (Example: WYMT Scholarship)