By Official Release
Posted Nov 9 2009 2:59PM
NEW YORK -- The Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson and the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Kaman today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 2, through Sunday, Nov. 8.
Johnson's Hawks finished the week with a 3-1 mark, which included wins over Portland, Denver and Sacramento. Johnson averaged 20.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists for Atlanta on the week. Saving his best for last, Johnson posted a well-balanced statline of 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists on Saturday nights as the Hawks upended the Nuggets 125-100.
Kaman led the Clippers to 3-0 week, averaging 24.3 points on .574 shooting from the field, 9.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocks. Kaman, who is currently in the midst of a career-long six-game streak with 20 or more points, tallied a high for the week with 25 points during a 93-90 win over the Timberwolves on Nov. 2.
Here is a recap of the week for Johnson and Kaman:
Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks
• Nov. 3 vs. Portland: Posted 19 points and eight rebounds in a 97-91 win over the Trail Blazers.
• Nov. 4 vs. Sacramento: Tallied 26 points and eight rebounds in a 113-105 win over the Kings.
• Nov. 6 @ Charlotte: Scored 13 points and added three rebounds in a 103-83 loss to the Bobcats. Nov. 7 vs. Denver: Collected 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a 125-100 win over the Nuggets.
Chris Kaman, Los Angeles Clippers
• Nov. 2 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 25 points, 11 rebounds, two blocks and one steal in a 93-90 win over the Timberwolves.
• Nov. 6 @ Golden State: Posted 22 points, nine rebounds, three blocks and two assists in the Clippers' 118-90 win over the Warriors.
• Nov. 7 vs. Memphis: Scored 22 points and added nine rebounds and four assists during a 113-110 win over the Grizzlies.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Charlotte's Gerald Wallace, Cleveland's LeBron James, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, Detroit's Ben Gordon, L.A. Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Miami's Dwyane Wade, Sacramento's Jason Thompson and Toronto's Chris Bosh.
|Frustrated James says he's done talking about free agency|
|With injuries mounting in backcourt, Wizards sign Boykins|
|Air Apparent: Jordan taps Wade to wear 25th anniversary shoe|
|Q&A with Robert Satcher, taking All-Star jersey to space|
|NBA's TV companion gives web help to TV game viewers|
|NBA: Ref's call at end of Bulls-Nuggets game was correct|
|Source: Wizards' Jamison, Miller back on court this weekend|
|Grizzlies rookie Thabeet leaves game with broken jaw|
|Wizards suffer another blow as Foye sprains right ankle|
|Iverson not around as Grizzlies return home from road trip|
|Thunder vs. Clippers|
The Thunder clamped down on the Clippers in the fourth quarter to preserve an 83-79 victory over the Clippers.
|The Daily Zap|
The Daily Zap gives you Wednesday's highlights in less than five minutes.
|Wednesday's Top 10|
Check out the top 10 plays from an action-packed night in the NBA.
|Hornets vs. Suns|
Steve Nash scored 12 points and dished out 10 assists as the Suns beat the Hornets 124-104.
|Arena Link: Roy Hibbert|
Roy Hibbert had 16 points, nine rebounds and spoke with NBA TV after the Pacers defeated the Warriors.
|Warriors vs. Pacers|
Danny Granger scored 31 points and grabbed a career-high 16 rebounds to help the Pacers beat the Warriors 108-94.
|Grizzlies vs. Rockets|
Carl Landry and Luis Scola helped the Rockets deliver a knockout blow to the Grizzlies.
|Mavericks vs. Spurs|
Richard Jefferson scored 29 points to lead the Spurs to a 92-83 victory over the Mavericks.
LeBron James scored 36 points and grabbed eight rebounds as the Cavaliers beat the Magic 102-93.
|Haier Play of the Day|
Will Bynum blows by a defender and finishes with a huge slam against Charlotte.