spacer
spacer

The Official Nansemond Indian Tribal Association Website

spacer
The Nansemond Indian Tribe of Virginia
Main Menu
Home
News
Events
History
Mattanock Town
Gallery
Links
Friends
Membership
FAQ
Site Search
Contact Us
Events Calendar
S M T W T F S
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
Login Form





Lost Password?
Who's Online
Syndicate
 
Home
Nansemond Tribal Meetings

The next meeting of the Nansemond Tribe will be the Sunday June 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM at the Indiana Methodist Church. 

Don't miss the 14th. Annual American Indian Festival June 5 and 6 at Chesapeake City Park 

View Photos of the 13th. Annual American Indian Festival June 6-7, 2009 at the link below.

http://www.digitalimagesbypablo.com/indianfest09.htm

 

Thanks Pablo Custodio for the Great Photos of the 13th. Annual American Indian Festival at Chesapeake City Park, Cheasapeake, Virginia.

 

Check out the Video posted on YouTube of the 13th. Annual American Indian Festival at Chesapeake City Park, Cheasapeake, Virginia

 

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pesco77

 

 
Welcome!!!
Welcome to the official web site of the Nansemond Indian Tribal Association. We are one of the remaining tribes of the Powhatan empire and have been officially recognized as a tribe by the Commonwealth of Virginia since 1984.

We are a non-profit corporation comprised of people who are genealogically descended from the historic Nansemond Indians. We are dedicated to keeping alive the heritage of our ancestors, for the benefit of our members and the community at large.

Historically the Nansemond tribe was known for fishing, growing corn and bear hunting. Today we are known for our annual pow wows which are held in both Suffolk and Chesapeake, Virginia.

On this site you will find information about our history, events we are having, projects we are working on, contact information and more. We hope you enjoy the time you spend on our site.
 

Current Events

No events

Local Weather

Suffolk, VA
Last Update: 6:07pm May 27, 2010
TodayTomorrowSaturdaySunday
Chance Thunderstorms, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%Chance Rain Showers, Probability Of Precipitation: 40%Chance Rain Showers, Probability Of Precipitation: 30%Mostly Sunny
Chance Thunderstorms
Hi 92°F
Lo 67°F
PoP 30%
Chance Rain Showers
Hi 77°F
Lo 65°F
PoP 40%
Chance Rain Showers
Hi 77°F
Lo 65°F
PoP 30%
Mostly Sunny
Hi 85°F
Lo 69°F
PoP 10%
Complete Forecast
spacer
© 2010 Nansemond Indian Tribal Association
spacer