It's Women's History Month - March 2010
Celebrate this year's theme
Demeter's daughters: women's harvest history
The history of food farming in Australia is much more than the record of agricultural production. When the focus is on women, the story starts with Indigenous food harvesting and is still growing . . . Find out more ...
- Check out this year's featured women - share your interest and expertise.
We'll add the stories to the gallery here throughout the year
Participate in our new AWHF blog
- Tell us about your events. Find out what others are doing.
Lunches, launches, displays & exhibitions, talks and readings, market stalls and historic garden trails – many events can be held around Australia during March 2010 to celebrate this theme. Check out the Calendar.
Download our 2010 poster and promote Women's history month
Lu Moo ('Granny Lum Loy'), Northern Territory market gardener (1883-1980)
Portrait by Karolina Venter 2010; poster design by Brendan O'Donnell, Art Direction Creative, Canberra.
Also on Australian Women's History Forum website
- Catch up with What's news?
- Check the Calendar for upcoming events
- Visit our Gallery - themes in women's history
- Discover dates - see the Timeline
- Meet people - see Who's Who
- Find places - see Historic places
- Locate Links - a wealth of resources
- Join us Australian Women's History Forum
Explore Australian women's history
The Australian Women's History Forum is developing this portal to help you find online resources. This portal is intended primarily to be a classroom resource for students and teachers, but it will also interest general users seeking information on women's history in Australia and beyond. You will find stories, images, documents and data.
2009 Theme: Parliamentary Women
See their stories in the WHM 2009 Gallery.
2008 Theme: Women with a Mission
See their stories in the WHM 2008 Gallery.