Peripheral Links

Header And Logo

PostgreSQL
| The world's most advanced open source database.

Site Navigation

Re: About inheritance

  • From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
  • To: Diogo Biazus <diogob(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
  • Subject: Re: About inheritance
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:58:36 -0700

Diogo,

Currently, I would *not* use table inheritance as a "selling point" of
PostgreSQL.  It has too many limitations, and those limitations are not being
worked on.

The main reason why table inheritance is somewhat broken is that nobody
currently on -HACKERS seems to have any use for it.   I know that I don't use
it, and would not even were it fixed.   As a result, nobody is particularly
interested in fixing it.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Home | Main Index | Thread Index

Privacy Policy | PostgreSQL Archives hosted by Command Prompt, Inc. | Designed by tinysofa
Copyright © 1996 – 2008 PostgreSQL Global Development Group