The Free Portable Privacy Machine
This version of the Portable Privacy Machine is no longer maintained nor supported. A new version is in development using updated software and operating system. -MetroPipe Support July 2008
New Version 1.3 Released December 6, 2006
- v1.3 is Faster than before and usable for regular usage. (Based on DSL and QEMU releases.
- Includes Firefox + Privacybar + NOSCRIPT Extensions
- Built in MetroPipe Anonymous Surfing for Tunneler Gold Customers.
- Carry your entire Internet communication system on a tiny USB drive.
- Contains a complete virtual Linux machine with privacy-enabled Open Source Internet applications.
- Carry your Internet applications, email, bookmarks, history, web cookies, download files in your pocket.
- Perfect for travellers - nothing to be scanned, started, poked, or prodded at the airport.
- Get English keyboard support no matter what computer you use.
- No installation needed - just plug the drive into any Windows or Linux computer, and click on the Virtual Privacy Machine icon and you're ready to go.
- The VPM's network connection will auto configure and run seamlessly on any machine with a working internet connection..
- All Internet session data (cookies, history, downloads, etc.) are stored on the VPM, not the host computer.
- Runs on any rewriteable media (USB drives, Flash Memory cards, Secure Digital devices, iPods, etc.)
- This PR1-2 release runs on Windows and Linux - OS X support is also possible, details in the readme.txt.
- Runs in full screen mode (CTRL-ALT to Exit Grab and CTRL-ALT f to Toggle Fullscreen)
- Includes the Latest Firefox 22.214.171.124 Browser with MetroPipe Privacybar for Firefox and the NOSCRIPT Extension Pre-installed.
- Includes Mozilla Thunderbird News/Email client (with Enigmail plugins for PGP email encryption)
- Persistent Home directory, changes, bookmarks are saved to the PVPM and available on next reboot.
- Created from 100% Open Source GPL code and binaries.