The world strongest chess player has endorsed the high-quality chess equipment of DGT Projects as his personal choice.
DGT Projects
Kramnik vs Leko, Brissago 2004
Kramnik vs Topalov, Elista 2006
Chess Links

HOME      MESSAGE BOARDS
Showing messages from Kramnik - Anand WCC Bonn 2008 discussion

Post a new message

Sourav Banerjee
11/5/2010
Dear Sir, First of all many congratulations for your wonderful performance in Bilbao. I have just finished watching your DVD " My path to the top". And I must admit that not only it has been an enriching experience chess-wise but also an opportunity to learn that more than anything else it is the strength of character that makes a Champion like you. You would be delighted to know that but for one little thing you and I have many things in common : 1. I am also a FIDE rated chess player like you are. 2. Like you, Dear Sir, I am also a proud father of a very cute and lovely daughter. Now the little thing: I'm just about 1000 points-less-chessplayer, without any title whatsoever, than you are Mr. Champion :) Jokes apart, I sincerely pray to God for your sound health so that the chess-world continues to see you in your full strength for a long time in the coming years. Regards, Sourav
Prabir
5/13/2010
Sir , I have seen your strategic play and i feel u are having a quality to become the W'champ again . I wish you all my best wishes . Prabir
prabir lahiri
5/13/2010
Dear sir , I shall be very greatful , if you teach me the analysys of Catalan Defence . Thanks Prabir
Shubhendu Kar
4/28/2010
Hello Mr. Kramnik. Best wishes for your little daughter. I beseech God to bestow you & your family with great joy & mirthful existence. Now Anand-Topalov WCC Games are in progress. It seems Anand has not only taken your moral support for this match, but also has a cue from your pet catalan. This has netted him 2 out of 2. Though Topalov was fully prepared for a tactical Anand, he is finding it extremly difficult to handle a Kramniknised Anand (who realised early that only way to stop Topalov & silence Mr. Danailov is to play like Kramnik). As an Indian I root for Anand... And, in any case a big thanks to you for maintaining dignity, humility and still winning super GM TAL Tournament & securing very high places at other super tournaments. We'll love to have you back at the 'World Champion' seat rather than Topalov or Garry's protege Carlsen, when Anand call it quits or retires. With regards. SS KAR
Mrn
8/26/2009
Is Kramnik not taking part in World Cup 2009? He is qualified for it and not taking part? 1st place in World Cup 2009 goes in the Candidates Tournament. Any idea why he is not taking part?
Silvi
7/13/2009
I saw with internet what you done in Dortmund and I want to congratulate you for wining (once again !) againt the other chessmasters. Thank you for giving me those greats moments. And, please, excuse me for my bad english.
Khondakar Nazre Mowla
5/7/2009
Assalamu Alikum. I don't sure but think that you (Kramnik) should have played rematch with Kasparov but also I don't understand why Kasparov claimed rematch which's gone against contract, its not good sign from him. I also didn't agree the fact happened with Shirov. It was ridiculous. Anyway we hope such an incident won't be happen in future by either the players or FIDE. Thanks to all.
herb
4/28/2009
Mr. Kramnik, Just read your piece in NIC. And I'm glad you finally voiced your opinion regarding garry kasparovs'accusations about you avoiding a rematch for the chess crown with him. In my opinon, he didn't deserve a rematch with you!! I'm even more convinced now. I'd really be thrilled to see a Kramnik/Anand rematch! By the way, you and Anand (in my opinion) have done more for Chess than fisher or kasparov could ever dream of. And you're also living proof that you do not have to be an asshole, psycopath, liar, cheater, nerd etc., to be World Champion. Keep up the good works.
Darkjant
4/9/2009
kramnik is a gentleman before the match with Topalov I did not appreciate his play at all because he didnt give rematch to Kasparov in my opinion that hurts chess because during that period he just hide and let the chess world lacking of a real champion , then he drew against Leko. but after all that the match against Topalov showed how he can overcome such situation and proved to be a real champion. I think that made me have a lot of respect to him and I hope you can recover and show the strength that the classical world champions have. :)
Vaksengiser yefim
3/26/2009
Congratulation on the great performance at Amber tounament.Sincerely,Yefim Vaksengiser
Mike
2/27/2009
Kramnik is the best. If he bores you to death with his games, it is because he is so much above your level. Anand is weak and just lucky from time to time. Topalov is a con artist. Karlsen is just a kid. The rest are not worth mentioning. Period.
PATRICK
2/24/2009
KRAMNIK YOU ARE EXTREMELY TALENTED,I AM YOUR GREATEST FAN YOUR STYLE OF PLAY IS UNIQUE I WATCH OVER YOUR GAMES EVERYDAY AND WISH THAT ONE DAY I WOULD PLAY LIKE YOU I.BRING BACK THE ATTACKING STYLE OF YOUR YOUNGDAYS SO THAT YOU BECOME THE NO:1 RANKED PLAYER.
Dave
2/21/2009
I've replayed on the chessboard hundreds of your games,you're just awesome.Your understanding of chess is so deep that those criticising you probably dont get why you play your moves :).I am sur you will compete for te title and stay at the top level for your whole career,you're definitely my chessboard's hero!
Dave
2/11/2009
To Kramnik,gentleman and biggest positional genius since Tigran Petrosian: get back your title,you can make it.I love your games a fan
Gu Xiaobing
1/28/2009
Hi guy,I believe that you will win back your world champion title in the future.We will wait to see.Never give up!
babak
1/25/2009
hi keramnik. break my heart.why did you loos the match of champion. i will be sorry for you. you are a best chessplayer in the word, i like you too much
Farjad(Iran)
11/24/2008
Ok! maybe they should take you as a personal challenger to the world championship. you ask me? you theoretically deserve it! after beating Kramnik(let's not talk about him, blundering the title away! tell me about not being in shape!) in the tournament play(he is lousy remember?) and showing your great ability to observe and analyze the WCC after it's taken place! why not just give you the chance? really! I mean have you seen Rocky? you can be the next wonder! I can see it in my mind! just pick Anand as your second! you won't need him definitely but... just in case! hit Kramnik in the face and work on his ribbs, the...um, Title will be yours. your next challenger will be Kaspy(as you call him!)
Milad Memarian
11/8/2008
Congratulation Gentleman! for your incredible polite behavior in last press conference...it was even more important than title.after be one of the most greatest world champions of all time, such a deserved ex world champion you are !!!all the best for the best :)
Chess-Neutrality
11/7/2008
Farjad, it doesn't make sense whether it is longer or shorter than 12 games. It is quite obvious it is only an alibi. Kramnik vs. Topalov was also 12 games, then tiebreak games similar to Kramnik vs. Anand. Why he did not complain on his Topalov match that it was only 12 games? And also if he is really good, there was two games left (11 & 12 games) that he should win to have a tiebreak why can't he play for a win and instead he offered a draw to give up the title?? Loss or draw doesnt matter anymore in game eleven, he should fight til the end of game eleven. But ofcourse it shows that Vishy (who is master and champions of all formats and well proven) is really much better than Kramnik (who is only good in match play due to his preparation) since Kasparov gave him an opportunity to become his personal challenger despite that Kramnik is not qualified but Shirov. That is why Kramnik is so lousy in the tournament, probably even more in the knock-out system due to he cannot make good preparation against different players at the same time. He is not genius like Anand who can prove and play for a win regardless of format. As you also mentioned that Anand has some difficulties with Aronian but with different style than Kramnik so it wont work basically if he takes Aronian as a second. I think it is absolutely wrong opinion. He should get Aronian to make his style more hybrid to beat Anand and not just simply aspiring for a draw. The best Kramnik can do in each tournament these days is get the second place due to he keeps drawing as much as possible but if the tournament adopts the 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw, Kramnik will just fall below the table most probably even last on the list. I played the games of Kramnik and they are basically boring, lack of brilliancy and always draw even after only home prepared moves. Unlike Fischer, Kasparov and Anand. The best way to be a challenger again is if Anand should be very kind like Kasparov to take him as his personal challenger even he is not qualified,
Chess-Neutrality
11/7/2008
Kramnik should learn now how to win with different formats in order to prove himself and not just waiting for the champion to take him as his personal challenger like what Kasparov did, otherwise he will not become challenger again. Knock-out format is the most difficult format because it requires each player to win each games againts different opponents style. The easiest format is match play because you and your team have just to master opponents style and opening in preparation but must put space on the possibility of moving to another opening, otherwise it would end up like what happened to Kramnik of which half of his preparation was just wasted (e4 opening) and he seem like playing to another player so he lost the match that easy. He lost his credibility then that he is great in match play.
Paradoxy
11/7/2008
I'm an amateur. And I ask myself, if it's possible to play a big chess event (such as the World Championship)not only by using the main variations of the main openings. Anand played very, very strong, when he had the initiative and complex, dynamical play, but the key for his success was the preparation of one opening idea in a main variation of a main opening. Would things have turned bad for Wladimir Kramnik, if he let's say would have used the larsen (1. b3) or the Nimzowich-Larsen (1. Sf3, 2. b3) in one or two games? In the worst case white get's a balanced position. Is such a strategy absolutely impossible? Wouldn't computer-work be ruled out completely? This questions are posed from Yours sincerly Paradoxy
Mike
11/6/2008
Will be really great if you can take the title again.Wouldn't it be the second time in history after Alexander's Alechin's?! Please dont give up and try to get it back.I believe in your abilities Good luck
The Observer
11/6/2008
In reply to 'CHESS FANS' comment; Firstly, a good point. .....Well, Kramnik took Leko as second because Leko was Anand's second at one point and Kramnik's opponent in a PCA world title match. So it made sense. The only two guys that gave trouble to Anand previously were, Aronian and Kamsky. Kamsky would not want to be a second as he is preoccupied with a match with Tapalov. Taking Aronian as a second would not have helped Kramnik as Aronian's style is very different from that of Kramnik's. There would be a serious clash on the strategy. Kramnik dug his own pit by adopting a drawish style which does not do any goood to him or to chess in general.
Shivraj India
11/5/2008
Move on now it was just a match both of you were great. I think order will be like this Fischer, Kasparov, Tal, Karpov, Vladimir = Anand. This game tests human mind to the hilt. Both India and Russia are great civilizations. India is a great partner of Russia and closer to Russia than any other country. I hope with Anand win chess will get importance in India.
Marcel Blanchard-Uruguay
11/4/2008
Salud Kramnik! Who goes to war can die. There is not problem in it. You play with your time and try the best. Anand won. Just that. I readed in chessbase an interview to Kasparov and was very interesting. Kasparov have a lot of material thinks, glory , money and so...but it seems to me that he is emotionaly like a child. Its clear that he are very happy about the match result. As a person I just feel that all is about he lost in 2000 with Kramnik. Just is amazing how a men can be a genius in chess (make claculations to moving figures in a board), a rich men, and so child and egotic.(I don tknow Kasparov personaly, just make my opinion of declarations with all the risk that it implies) At the end I realize that this reaction shows who are Kramnik. A men who defeated Kasparov. I expect as a chess player that Kramnik will another reaction about lost the Crown. He have for ever a place in the world champions. We wish you the best form South America, Uruguay. Exitos en todo y Hasta la Vicotria Siempre!

Contact Information Copyright © 2011 Vladimir Kramnik FIDE World Champion  2000-2007