NFL Team Sites



Posted Jan. 30, 2008

Fans to vote online, via wireless devices for Cadillac Super Bowl MVP

National Football League


Voting on and wireless sevices, including those with Sprint wireless service

Fan votes will count 20 percent

Who will be the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XLII ... Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Richard Seymour or Michael Strahan?

In the fourth quarter, fans can vote for the Super Bowl MVP on and on their wireless devices, including those with the Sprint wireless service. Fans using Sprint and other wireless services can send a text message with the player’s first and last name to 99777 to participate in MVP balloting. The fan vote will count 20 percent (four votes) with another 16 on-site media members representing the other 80 percent.

The four fan votes will be distributed as follows:


Leading Super vote-getter 2.5 MVP votes
No. 2 vote-getter 1.0 MVP vote
No. 3 vote-getter 0.5 MVP votes

The Super Bowl MVP receives the Pete Rozelle Trophy and a 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid. Cadillac is the official vehicle of Super Bowl XLII. Last year, Super Bowl XLI MVP Peyton Manning received 2.5 MVP votes from fans.

The announcement will be made immediately following the game on FOX. is part of the NFL Internet Network, the most popular sports league property.

The next object is an advertisement

NFL News