If I can see further than others it is only because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.
-Sir Issac Newton
At a young age Tim took Sir Issac Newtons quote to heart earning the opportunity to study under the best and most progressive coaches in Strength and Conditioning.
Tim’s Primary Mentors:
- Jed Smith: Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Northern Iowa/ International Lecturer and Motivational Speaker
- Boyd Epley: The “Godfather of Strength and Conditioning.” Founder of the NSCA, first Collegiate Strength Coach in America. 40 year Nebraska Strength Coach and Pioneer.
- Michael Boyle: Highlight sought after Strength Coach, Author and lecturer and founder of Strengthcoach.Com
- Jianping Ma:
- Matthew Nein:
- Katie Krall:
- Nick Davis: Football Strength and Conditioning Coach, University of Northern Iowa
- Robin Lund: Lecturer and Researcher
Tim has had a diverse career having coached at many venues across the country. Tim has worked with youth, collegiate and professional athletes through:
- The University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls IA
- The National Strength and Conditioning Association Human Performance Center,
Colorado Springs, CO
- Salisbury University- Salisbury M.D
- Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning – Boston, MA
- High Intensity Training, Jacksonville, Florida
- 365 Performance, Monument, CO
- United Sport and Athlete, Waterloo, IA
Curriculum Development: While at the University of Northern Iowa Tim was given the keys to the weight room where he developed the curriculum for 4 classes.
- Bodybuilding and Sculpting;
- Heavy Resistance Training;
- Total Body Conditioning
- Ultimate Frisbee.
Publication: Tim is a frequent contributor to magazines and internet websites. He is the strength and conditioning columnist for USA-Ultimate Quarterly Magazine. Check out some of his other work.
Niche: Tim Specializes in Olympic Weightlifting, Speed & Agility and Implement Free Training and Mental Toughness Training.
Personal: In addition to strength and conditioning Tim has worked as the Lieutenant of Assateague State Park Beach Patrol. He loves to surf, paddle, snowboard, hike, explore and learn. His favorite sport to play is Ultimate. He places tremendous value on his family and friends.
Current: Tim is currently taking time the semester off to write and work on projects. He is training select athletes and running clinics in Florida. Starting this June Tim will be working along side the best in the business at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning in Boston Massachusetts.