Where to Start:
- Why I’m Here
- Washington Post Profile on Met. Jonah
- What’s the Scandal?
- Open Letter to Fr. Ted Bobosh and the MC
- Stokoe’s Leaked Email
- Skordinski’s Leaked Email
- Suspicions: A Recap
- This is not a game (The state of the OCA today)
- George Michalopulos’ Recap
- The OCA’s Way Forward
- Stokoe’s own Accountability and Transparency
- The Nun Joana, Memory Eternal!
- Mailbox: Put me in Coach!
- Cuts both ways
- Aren’t we forgetting something?
- Disagreement and Blog Wars
- Mailbox: Legal and Ethical Concerns
- Response Redux
- It begins in Chicago
- Showdown in Chi-town
- Reasonable or Unreasonable?
- Caught between a rock and Syosset
- HB and politics in the OCA
- A Guest Essay by Dr. Alfred Siewers
- Diocesan resolutions that weren’t
- Return of the Chancellor?
- Coming next week on OCA News
- About the Metropolitan Council
- Elsewhere: Met. Jonah’s Leadership Firsthand
- Mailbox: ‘Stop pointing fingers’
- Which discussion do we care more about?
- Mailbox: Rod Dreher on why we need Metropolitan Jonah now
- Mailbox: Goodbye, OCA
- Mailbox: Restore order or the naves will empty
- Seminary? Not so sure
- Obedience vs. Coercion
- Mailbox: “Is this about Love or Power?”
- OCA.org de-friends HB
- What’s a guy to do?
- The Russian bear stirs
- Stokoe and SMPAC report
- A Synod of Soviets?
- This Just in: +Jonah is Sane!
- The fix was in from the beginning
- The Orthodox Circus of America
- Defiant +Jonah strikes again!
- Moscow releases statement about Met. Hilarion’s visit
- OCA test case on homosexuality
- Criticism from the Mailbox
- Protecting the DOS
- A priest who knows +Jonah
- Machiavellians at work?
- “The Man in the White Hat”
- +Jonah among his flock
- Where is +Jonah vulnerable?
- Fr. Bobosh and homosexuality — clarification
- Monomakhos: Where we are
- Now is a critical time
- The long game
- Beyond +Jonah, Beyond Stokoe
- Leaked! SMPAC report suspect, Garklavs implicated…
- Making sense of Stokoe’s role, or trying to
- Mailbox: A response to Fr. Vasily, where our tensions are…
- Mailbox: Dreher clears up some things on the WaPo piece
- Mailbox: “Don’t ask me to choose one or the other…”
- Mailbox: Lines of division are not being drawn correctly
- Mailbox: An appropriate letter for the day…
- Elsewhere: An Xtranormal Point of View
- Two Hats Stokoe?
- Mailbag: Fence Sitter No More
- A Parish Speaks Up, You Can Too!
- Elsewhere: Monomakhos calls it like he sees it
- Elsewhere: The Church in the Public Square
- Update from our Inbox
- +Jonah Profile in Washington Post
- The OCA’s way forward
- Reason to hope
- “Gravely Troubled” and Fr. Thomas Hopko
- Stokoe Shocked, Shocked!
- Transparency and accountability
- Burke ball in +Nikon’s court
- The crisis behind the crisis
- From our in-box
- This is not a game. This is real life.
- Our silence doesn’t mean consent
- ‘Tis the Season
- Cleaning up
- Forgive Me
- Elsewhere: Monasticism and the Episcopacy
Author Archives: Muzhik
As I write, the Orthodox faithful are gathering in Chicago for this morning’s consecration of Archimandrite Matthias as the next Midwest bishop. God grant him many years! And God help him understand what he’s getting into. I read yesterday on … Continue reading
Are we having a sunny Bright Week yet? I knew that after Pascha, the battle within the OCA would be rejoined, but somehow I had kept from thinking about how bad it was really going to get. I hoped that … Continue reading
A friend e-mails tonight to ask what I think of the latest edition of OCA Wonder, an online publication of the OCA’s Department of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry. I wasn’t aware of the publication, which is edited by … Continue reading
Have you noticed the relative silence on OCANews? You might be thinking that they‚Äôre backing off, given how much has been exposed about the behind-the-scenes manipulations and conspiring against Metropolitan Jonah on the part of Stokoe, Skordinski, Solodow, and apparently … Continue reading
Reader M.G. Pagliaro writes: I read OCAT daily and truly enjoy the posts. However, lately I found some of the readings quite frustrating. I cannot understand why people who claim to love Orthodoxy are leaving in droves for greener pastures. … Continue reading
From a reader: No need to print. But I might represent at least another dozen or so people. Go ahead and report the trend. We are leaving in droves!!! Convert of 20 years. Have had ENOUGH. Since this newest scandal … Continue reading
A reader points out a hidden cost to this OCA drama: I have been thinking about seminary for a while, and earlier this year finally got serious about it. I have been successful in my career, but I’ve been more … Continue reading
AN UPDATE: After further looking into this issue, it now appears that there was not a link to the +Jonah Facebook page in the first place. I apologize to you readers for the alarm, and apologize to the people who … Continue reading
We’re hearing this morning from a well-placed source that the continued machinations of Bishop Benjamin and his Synodal colleagues are being badly received in Moscow. A blistering letter from the Moscow Patriarchate was delivered to Syosset this week, we hear, … Continue reading
This is interesting. In a recent comments thread on OCANews, Mark Stokoe denies that he has seen the Sexual Misconduct Policy Advisory Committee report: (Editor’s note: To paraphrase Charlie Sheen: Confused! No one suggested any amendments. And as I read … Continue reading
Before you decide that the subject line is hysterical, consider the way the bishops have reportedly used the “Jonah’s crazy” meme to discredit him and to lay the groundwork for forcing his retirement. And consider that in light of this … Continue reading
+Tikhon (ret.), is at it again. The former Archbishop is claiming to have an e-mail allegedly from Robert (Dmitri) Solodow, a subdeacon of Holy Trinity Cathedral in San Francisco, outlining the script Metropolitan Jonah’s opponents intended to follow. Notice the … Continue reading
Until tonight, I was disgusted by this crisis. Now, it’s hard not to be amused, in a black humor way. You think that it can’t get much slimier than Mark Stokoe trashing +Jonah as disobedient to the Synod for tonsuring … Continue reading
Remember OCANews’s scoop that His Beatitude, the OCA’s “rogue” primate, had defied the Synod by tonsuring a nun in his own diocese this past Sunday? Stokoe sneered: Meanwhile, in another act of defiance, Metropolitan Jonah tonsured a nun to the … Continue reading
Below, a letter from an Orthodox reader who says he (she) doesn’t care if +Jonah stays or goes, but very much cares how this Stokoe-Bobosh situation is handled:
This just came in from an anonymous reader whose technical information indicates that it originated within the DOS: I am sorry but I cannot reveal my identity. I can shed light on the process though. The two unnamed bishops are … Continue reading
A beautiful account of life with HB from one who has dealt with him. This rings very true to us. (Incidentally, Father Frederick, though the author of the e-mail cited in the previous post, did not send it to us): … Continue reading
Well, Parishioner, no sooner do you talk about bishops trying to get someone new, and quick, to run the Diocese of the South than we receive a leak indicating exactly that. The following e-mail went out to priests of the … Continue reading
“Fred” writes to say: hi– I’ve found this blog helpful. just wanted to point out that Fr Bobosh clarified his remark on homosexuality in the comments of the post you refer to (way back in 2008) as referring to the … Continue reading
George Michalopolus has a very useful recap of where we are in this mess and how we got there. If you are confused about what’s going on, read George’s timeline.