Blankskáli is an abandoned village on the southwest-coast of Kalsoy.
The village was a very good place to grow grain, and it is assumed, that this was the oldest settlement on Kalsoy.
Back in 1584, there were four houses in Blankskáli, and in 1801, 29 people lived in the village.
In 1809, an avalange stroke Blankskáli. Although it did not cause much damage, the people of the village decided to abandon the place, and moved to the eastcoast, where they founded the village Syđradalur. Blankskáli has been abandoned ever since.