Index > Codeine Velvet Club > isn't Norway a funny shape? | Post Reply | Search
isn't Norway a funny shape?
JonLawler
JonLawler Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:43 PM Quote
Hello all

hope everyone's well. Just checking in, first off we'll be on Billy Sloan tomorrow night on Clyde, for those of you who were asking about a recorded version of Gimme Shelter maybe tomorrows the night you'll catch it. I'm sure i saw some of you crazies at the John Mayer shows, i thought we were pretty great actually though a half hour set always leaves you desperate to play more.

Watching a Roger Taylor drum solo at then moment, he's just started on the timps. Anyway i reckon in the next week or so we'll definitely have some news on shows, it always takes longer than i think to sort these things but we'll definitely be out towards the end of Feb into March and then out to do SXSW in Austin mid March, hopefully we'll have other dates in the US around that time as well

on the old records front you did hear Lou right in that Vanity Kills is kind of being re released as we'd been working on a new mix of it with Ross on drums as he didn't play on the original, it's more of a re imagining than a remix, also Little Sister will be going to radio as well, the old rules of singles etc don't seem to apply these days. I'm not sure that it'll be a physical release and anyway i wouldn't want or expect anyone to buy something they already have. What i think what we'll do though in Feb is give you guys a new full band song to download, i'll let you know a title when it's written.

The band have hooked up with Dangerbird Records in the US and the album should be coming out over there in April on Vinyl which suits me down to the ground. We've been working on new material with a view to making another album, i do know that the current one is only 4 weeks old but we recorded it in May and i'm getting itchy teeth

anyway i have to go i've got an egg on

all the best

Jon

Re: isn't Norway a funny shape?
rickypom
rickypom Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:57 PM Quote
Hi Jon,

Yes it is!

I was at the Hammersmith gig, and agree that 1/2 hour does leave you wanting more, but it was good to see you all on a stage big enough!
I did wonder about Lou's " our next single" comment, so pleaseed you've sorted that out.
I did speak to a few John Mayer fans at the gig, snd they all seemed to like CVC, and many were gonna buy the cd next day ( not just download it for free, Lou) so looks like we did get some new fans :-)
Looking forward to the next series of gigs.
Cheers, hope the egg was ok!!

Richard

bean
bean Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 1:32 PM Quote
I don't quite get how Norway being a funny shape relates to the content of this post?? But, it's a good question :-)

Fascinating fact of the day, in relation to Norway: Kirkwall (Orkney) and Shetland are closer to the Norwegian capital than they are to London!

Woo more music! I really really cannot wait until the King Tuts gig in Feb. So totally excited :-) Venue is perfectly small for some Codeine magic and love! Will there be merchandise? I'm craving a t-shirt!

I'm curious. Jon, do you write a melody or lyrics first? Or do the both just evolve together?

woodshedshooter
woodshedshooter Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 2:28 PM Quote
Nice to hear from you Jon. I'm happy that you don't sit around too long in between things. I'd hate for you to get stale. Good to hear the creative urges are knocking on your brain. Have fun and be safe - Raf

rickypom
rickypom Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 2:44 PM Quote
............the average price for a pint of beer in Norway is £6.00

Fayestardust
Fayestardust Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 3:10 PM Quote
Lovely to hear from you Jon, looks like exciting times are coming up for you!

I'm hoping that next to US dates there will be some European dates ;)

Gizmo
Gizmo Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
Not as funny as Florida; the dong of America.

I'm all for a new album and new material and a new tour! You should start your own label and just go on a releasing frenzy, and, sign Snow Patrol and then never let them release music again. And Coldplay.

I just secretly hope you're around in Glasgow around April.

tio
tio Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 5:06 PM Quote

norway is guitarshaped

solarvelvetclub
solarvelvetclub Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 7:03 PM Quote
There are just so many amazing things in this post! Can't wait to hear the new stuff, Jon!

mchelle7292
mchelle7292 Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 9:53 PM Quote
Sooo glad to hear you're coming to the US!!!!!!!!
Was getting a bit nervous that we wouldn't get to see CVC here...hopefully you'll be playing near Kansas City/St. Louis, Mo...if not I'm willing to drive pretty much where ever!! Drove about 8 hours or so to so The Fratellis in Minneapolis @ First Ave...I am so willing to do it again for Codeine!! So awesome to see the album will be released in the US on vinyl no less...Thanks ever so much for the update & the by the way the music is so great!! I can't believe new stuff so soon...your fantastic!!

Nucci
Nucci Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:19 PM Quote
man oh man what to do with myself till april? great great news though. mon you guys!

Fran19
Fran19 Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 11:39 PM Quote
missed you Jon :)

solarvelvetclub
solarvelvetclub Posted Sun 24 Jan, 2010 4:03 AM Quote
mchelle7292 wrote:
Sooo glad to hear you're coming to the US!!!!!!!!
Was getting a bit nervous that we wouldn't get to see CVC here...hopefully you'll be playing near Kansas City/St. Louis, Mo...if not I'm willing to drive pretty much where ever!! Drove about 8 hours or so to so The Fratellis in Minneapolis @ First Ave...I am so willing to do it again for Codeine!! So awesome to see the album will be released in the US on vinyl no less...Thanks ever so much for the update & the by the way the music is so great!! I can't believe new stuff so soon...your fantastic!!

That sounds like a pretty big trip. When was that concert?

NaomiFratelli
NaomiFratelli Posted Sun 24 Jan, 2010 10:13 AM Quote
Morning Jon!

I’m looking forward to hearing this recorded Gimme Shelter tonight if it’s up! Dad’s probably more excited than I am myself..

Roger Taylor is a great man- inspires me oodles. I’ll have you know a drum kit is heading my way soon!

Can’t wait for another tour- best try and keep your Newcastle dates on Fridays and Saturdays- exams and that coming up...

Anyhow, fried, boiled or even scrambled, hope the egg was yummy enough!

Mon the Codeines!

mchelle7292
mchelle7292 Posted Sun 24 Jan, 2010 6:09 PM Quote
solarvelvetclub wrote:

That sounds like a pretty big trip. When was that concert?

It was 11 Sept 08...was well worth the drive...got to meet all three before the show outside the club...very nice guys to take time to talk, sign stuff & take picutes.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:40 PM